Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

To be honest the only reason i'm still expecting something is because MAC and VB were AMAZING and i still think the album can be promising 

But I feel like, when it comes out, it will feel a bit worn out Ylz3pk7.gif

I thought the same too. But this week, when the 4chan report came out, though probably false, it got my heart racing, imagining what it would be like to read a review of NFR and something like that was in it. 

When the lead drops and the release date is confirmed, the excitement will pick up again. The music is just fantastic this time around; it's just that the damn wait with minimalistic promotion makes it harder not to lose patience. 

I really hope they kept the original slight surf rock influence.

Idgaf about shows or interviews at this point anymore. I just want new Lana songs to listen to. She could just drop it rn with no album cover and I almost wouldn't even mind

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

55823780_2341613719234601_53983273089624

Fuck up ur own ideas tf lemme fuckin speculate ty 06625137-365a-4568-8deb-d21e825715bd.gif

Sorry but if she can release Ultraviolence which is literally the most depressing album ever, she can release NFR which from what we have heard so far is a lot less emotional than UV. She's just lazy and now she's gonna second guess herself and change the album like she did with LFL. I wish she would just create something and release it without thinking about it too much like she did with Honeymoon - which is such an underrated masterpiece and was made so quickly

I just felt the need to quote this:

UV is far from being her most depressive body of work. It just paints an abusive relationship. But HM is far more depressive. We don't know what's inside NFR. We don't know how deep the lyrics can go. We don't know how much she paints of her life. HIADT is already a super personal song with heart-wrecking lines. Lana might be protecting her vanity project a little longer.

UV/Honeymoon

Sorry but if she can release Ultraviolence which is literally the most depressing album ever, she can release NFR which from what we have heard so far is a lot less emotional than UV. She's just lazy and now she's gonna second guess herself and change the album like she did with LFL. I wish she would just create something and release it without thinking about it too much like she did with Honeymoon - which is such an underrated masterpiece and was made so quickly

Lol not this again  :rip:

Besides, if she's as lazy as you say she is why would she "change" the album? Takes more effort.  :toofunny:

But yeah, another Honeymoon would be amazing too, regardless of how quick or slow she does things. I don't think time has that big of an impact on the quality of her work overall. 

has anyone linked this tweet in this thread yet or..?

https://twitter.com/MissDaytona/status/1108553823256236033

like are we sure it's coming out the 29th cuz afaik we never got confirmation from lana, just that one article or whatever that said that date

Nope, we have never discussed this tweet. We are also 100% sure it's coming out on the 29th. We have not at all considered the signs pointing otherwise.

like are we sure it's coming out the 29th cuz afaik we never got confirmation from lana, just that one article or whatever that said that date

Lol where have you been? This tweet kick jumped the thread last week and if you don’t know it’s not coming out on the 29th... I’m gonna stop there, it might get ugly.

:awkney:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Jim met me down at the training yard
The cuts on his face 'cause he fought too hard
I know he's in over his head
But I love that man like nobody can
He moves mountains and turns them to ground again
And I watched the guys getting high as they fight
For the things that they hold dear
To forget the things they fear

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated: 

I need this masterpiece NOW.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I really hope they kept the original slight surf rock influence.

Idgaf about shows or interviews at this point anymore. I just want new Lana songs to listen to. She could just drop it rn with no album cover and I almost wouldn't even mind

Same w the surf rock influences. 

We've already heard MAC and VB, and if u count the latter, then that's already 2 surf-ish tracks. HiaB sounds a lot more dramatic, and Cinnamon sounds warped but sweet.. Hope is a dark solemn moment, and HtD sort of lingers off from that. IYC seems to linger off HiaB

I'm kinda glad how people are speculating how the release might be like High as Hope, had theories that the record would b similar to Troye Sivan's Bloom, 11 tracks, get what we mostly heard already, and then have a solid, but shorter record. 

UV/Honeymoon

Same w the surf rock influences. 

We've already heard MAC and VB, and if u count the latter, then that's already 2 surf-ish tracks. HiaB sounds a lot more dramatic, and Cinnamon sounds warped but sweet.. Hope is a dark solemn moment, and HtD sort of lingers off from that. IYC seems to linger off HiaB

I'm kinda glad how people are speculating how the release might be like High as Hope, had theories that the record would b similar to Troye Sivan's Bloom, 11 tracks, get what we mostly heard already, and then have a solid, but shorter record. 

What's exciting to me about HiaB and IYC is that we have no idea how the songs progress in production - maybe they explode into electric guitars as well. I'd love a psychedelic album that constantly shifts in production. 

I'm okay with one or two piano ballads, but nothing more than that. I'm encouraged by Jack saying Hope was a late-night listen and one of the first two songs recorded- sounds like there aren't many others on the album.

I echo the sentiment of the album should have stayed at 11 tracks. I prefer cohesive, concise records over bloated ones that lack direction (LFL). And the three tracks we have together are already 20 minutes long. Most great albums these days are 40 minutes total.

What's exciting to me about HiaB and IYC is that we have no idea how the songs progress in production - maybe they explode into electric guitars as well. I'd love a psychedelic album that constantly shifts in production. 

I'm okay with one or two piano ballads, but nothing more than that. I'm encouraged by Jack saying Hope was a late-night listen and one of the first two songs recorded- sounds like there aren't many others on the album.

I echo the sentiment of the album should have stayed at 11 tracks. I prefer cohesive, concise records over bloated ones that lack direction (LFL). And the three tracks we have together are already 20 minutes long. Most great albums these days are 40 minutes total.

her best albums (UV and HM) tended to be 60 minute-long. NFR could be and I'd be in heaven. 

Nope, we have never discussed this tweet. We are also 100% sure it's coming out on the 29th. We have not at all considered the signs pointing otherwise.

Lol where have you been? This tweet kick jumped the thread last week and if you don’t know it’s not coming out on the 29th... I’m gonna stop there, it might get ugly.

:awkney:

mmk y'all can eat my ass like sorry i didn't keep up with the 1k pages of shitposting on this thread when we have no info

9ISvyf0.gif

Maybe the wait seems a bit long, but Lana has always been strategic with the feeling her listeners get while listening to the music.

She is known to talk about the weather in her songs, and I think the album is coming out in either June or August/September for this reason:

Born to Die - released in late January - perhaps for commercial reasons, but the album was very "fresh" and its beats were very "sharp" - much like the sharp, cold air of winter; was also a New York album, and I can see snowy buildings in NY being associated with that early BTD era.

Paradise - released in November - again, perhaps for commercial reasons, but something about songs like Ride/American/Yayo feel very comforting and "classic" for Lana - much like the comfort and class of the holidays(?)

Ultraviolence - released in mid-June - the album is so summery, full of desert-y guitars and a vocal effect that reminds me of the thick, humidity of summer. This one is very obvious.

Honeymoon - released in mid-September - summer was winding down as HM was released, and I feel because this album was so "moody," the change in weather between summer and fall mimics that.

Lust for Life - released in mid-late July - this album has a lot of "firey tracks" according to Lana and the juxtaposition between folk and hip-hop feels like a blend between what Lana is known for - this album is also very fun and summer feels that way; it makes sense that LFL was released in the middle of Lana's favourite month.

Norman Fucking Rockwell - I think will come out between June 21st and September 20th - so far, MAC and VB feel very "pacific coaster" and the natural and organic feel to the music, visuals, and her look remind me of either when summer is just beginning, or when summer is winding down. Again, like Honeymoon, when seasons are transitioning. VB and MAC seem to be the most representative of at least one sound on the album so far, and I feel like their timing was so perfect in conjunction with the weather/seasons/time of year. For that reason, I won't mind if the album comes out a whole year after the first 2 singles.

Imagine going to a beach on a stormy but still warm night in early/mid September and listening to the NEW album.

Hopefully that helps justify the wait a bit!

Maybe the wait seems a bit long, but Lana has always been strategic with the feeling her listeners get while listening to the music.

She is known to talk about the weather in her songs, and I think the album is coming out in either June or August/September for this reason:

Born to Die - released in late January - perhaps for commercial reasons, but the album was very "fresh" and its beats were very "sharp" - much like the sharp, cold air of winter; was also a New York album, and I can see snowy buildings in NY being associated with that early BTD era.

Paradise - released in November - again, perhaps for commercial reasons, but something about songs like Ride/American/Yayo feel very comforting and "classic" for Lana - much like the comfort and class of the holidays(?)

Ultraviolence - released in mid-June - the album is so summery, full of desert-y guitars and a vocal effect that reminds me of the thick, humidity of summer. This one is very obvious.

Honeymoon - released in mid-September - summer was winding down as HM was released, and I feel because this album was so "moody," the change in weather between summer and fall mimics that.

Lust for Life - released in mid-late July - this album has a lot of "firey tracks" according to Lana and the juxtaposition between folk and hip-hop feels like a blend between what Lana is known for - this album is also very fun and summer feels that way; it makes sense that LFL was released in the middle of Lana's favourite month.

Norman Fucking Rockwell - I think will come out between June 21st and September 20th - so far, MAC and VB feel very "pacific coaster" and the natural and organic feel to the music, visuals, and her look remind me of either when summer is just beginning, or when summer is winding down. Again, like Honeymoon, when seasons are transitioning. VB and MAC seem to be the most representative of at least one sound on the album so far, and I feel like their timing was so perfect in conjunction with the weather/seasons/time of year. For that reason, I won't mind if the album comes out a whole year after the first 2 singles.

Imagine going to a beach on a stormy but still warm night in early/mid September and listening to the NEW album.

Hopefully that helps justify the wait a bit!

Killing it with your iconic posts as always. And I think you're right about the NFR release date.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Killing it with your iconic posts as always. And I think you're right about the NFR release date.

So nice of you to say, as always! Thank you :)

And yeah, I feel like this album is a mood record where everything about its visuals/timing affects its listen!

Kind of like literary theory, where when you approach a written work through a specific contextual lens, the meaning is altered.