Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

So during her live performance last night, Lana said (about the album) "I'm putting it out kinda slowly".

The 'I'm' part suggests it's her choice to put it out slowly, not her label. So this still leads me to believe it could be a surprise release. Lana wants to just ride this era out as slowly as possible for whatever reason. (Posted this in the other thread too).

Thoughts?

So strange...I don't know what to believe anymore.

I'm glad she confirmed the songs are still on the album so people can stop saying they aren't, though.

So during her live performance last night, Lana said (about the album) "I'm putting it out kinda slowly".

The 'I'm' part suggests it's her choice to put it out slowly, not her label. So this still leads me to believe it could be a surprise release. Lana wants to just ride this era out as slowly as possible for whatever reason. (Posted this in the other thread too).

Thoughts?

Could be but she's not going to say "The album's been finished for months but I'm putting it out kinda slowly because Interscope/Polydor records won't let me release it yet because of Billie Eyelash" so idk, if she surprise releases it though it'll probably flop 

Could be but she's not going to say "The album's been finished for months but I'm putting it out kinda slowly because they won't let me release it yet because of Billie Eyelash" so idk, if she surprise releases it though it'll probably flop 

Yeah that's still a possibility, but personally I feel like maybe Lana wants to ride it out and spend time with her friends and all that stuff before she gets back into the chaos of releasing the album, because then it'll mean interviews, radio premieres, possible signings etc. Maybe she's just trying to make the most of her free time...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Yeah that's still a possibility, but personally I feel like maybe Lana wants to ride it out and spend time with her friends and all that stuff before she gets back into the chaos of releasing the album, because then it'll mean interviews, radio premieres, possible signings etc. Maybe she's just trying to make the most of her free time...

I remember her saying in one interview that's already out that she tried to do most of her interviews before Hope was released so she didn't have to talk about it and it's not like she does much promo anyway  :rip:  Wyd Lana  :derpna2:  

*my mind reaching for any excuse after i read that* its her friends faults!

i honestly dont know who to blame for this mess anymore lmao

Honestly, I could see the album coming out anytime between June 21st (which could be cool since it's her birthday/a Friday) and September 20th.

i'm all for june 21 for 2 reasons

1) releasing it on her birthday is a really cute idea

2) it's also my birthday and that would be a great distraction from the whole aging thing

it's just the way i feel

Called it.

Honestly, what can she say more than the reply to her tweet from this week? (The fact that she answered in her old account also speaks tons to me) Unless something has come up in the last few days, which would be surprising, she can’t say much more. Plus it’s a festival; she’s more likely, I think, to announce something in an arena venue, where the crowd is there for her exclusively, rather than fans and non-fans alike.

Something tells me in my gut that the same that was happening with Ultraviolence it's the same thing happening with NFR. She's going to have to fight tooth and nail to get NFR released just like she fought for UV. 

Because Adele serves talent, emotions, drama.

Lana serves songs like Change and Hope.

Screen-Shot-2019-01-09-at-5.45.19-PM-430

Reported, thank you. We don’t tolerate libel toward Change on LanaBoards dot com. Thank you and have a nice day :hooker:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

The amount of dragging some of y’all are doing is a bit tew much. Saying she isn’t as talented as a writer as Adele, Nine Inch Nails. The former writes basic adult contemporary songs to appeal to the masses and the latter relies on great production to mask violent, hypermasculine lyrics. I’ve even seen Mitski referenced as some untouchable god here when even she’s admitted Lana was a huge influence on her lyrics.

It’s one thing to be frustrated with this release cycle, but to dismiss her talent on her own forum to look ~*edgy*~ is petulant af.

The amount of dragging some of y’all are doing is a bit tew much. Saying she isn’t as talented as a writer as Adele, Nine Inch Nails. The former writes basic adult contemporary songs to appeal to the masses and the latter relies on great production to mask violent, hypermasculine lyrics. I’ve even seen Mitski referenced as some untouchable god here when even she’s admitted Lana was a huge influence on her lyrics.

It’s one thing to be frustrated with this release cycle, but to dismiss her talent on her own forum to look ~*edgy*~ is petulant af.

I really don’t think it’s the label that’s preventing her from releasing NFR. Idk how people jumped to that conclusion simply bc she tweeted from her old twitter account. I just don’t get how after UV, they would again want her to change producers when the album is done and they let her do a quiet release with Honeymoon. I think she proved herself to them by then. Her fan base is pretty strong. Also why would they ignore all the critical acclaim she’s getting for this era? It’s been dry as hell, but musically it’s been amazing and this is the most praise she’s gotten for singles. I just don’t see it. She’s lagging it because of the poetry book and her damn lack of motivation.

Thoughts?

She does not ride it though. The NFR horse dies in the back while she behaves like a cringy teen on her social media and posts pics of her it-gurl friends, who look like the most unlikeable people in the world EVER.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!