Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

well, since Lana said NFR was finished but she "has no idea" when the record will be released,

do you all think she has already been thinking/writing the record to follow NFR?

This has me lowkey excited. If Norman Fucking Rockwell is her Ultraviolence 2.0 (a little more rock influenced and clearly the label aren't keen on this one either) does that mean we can expect LDR7 next summer, kinda like a Honeymoon 2.0?

It's likely that Norman Fucking Rockwell was finished in December / January when she did the livestream. So if it's not being released til summer she'll already be writing again, she had Music To Watch Boys To complete the week Ultraviolence was released. She works fast, I feel like this record was completed in quite a short amount of time - minus Happiness Is A Butterfly.

2010 – 2015 Lana remains unbothered, but 2019 Lana WISHES she could write an album even half as amazing as 21.

21 is sleep music.

giphy.gif

2010 – 2015 Lana remains unbothered, but 2019 Lana WISHES she could write an album even half as amazing as 21. 

:wtf2: :whoopi: :godlaugh2: :awkney: :awkney2: :wtfney: :usrsney: :stareney2: :hellno:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

They're right tho

I disagree but it doesn’t really matter lol

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

21 is once-in-a-career album. Just like UV was. 

21 was Adele's breakup album, which is why we hear so much of the ache and soul into it. Same with Amy Winehouse's Back to Black. 

Our girl has the talent to come up with something that could beas genius and yet different as 21.  

This has me lowkey excited. If Norman Fucking Rockwell is her Ultraviolence 2.0 (a little more rock influenced and clearly the label aren't keen on this one either) does that mean we can expect LDR7 next summer, kinda like a Honeymoon 2.0?

It's likely that Norman Fucking Rockwell was finished in December / January when she did the livestream. So if it's not being released til summer she'll already be writing again, she had Music To Watch Boys To complete the week Ultraviolence was released. She works fast, I feel like this record was completed in quite a short amount of time - minus Happiness Is A Butterfly.

I'm not so sure about that, to be honest.

Jack was in L.A. to record it 9 days a month. She said they began writing / composing / recording in January 2018, until December or January of this year. I feel that the songs were written in those sessions but also in-between, which could explain why the lyrics of so many of the songs feel «superior» or more storytelling than some songs on LFL, where she had the luxury of having her producer on speed-dial and «rush-record» was a possibility. I feel that many songs from NFR must have had a sort of «pause» in-between sessions, which could let them «breathe» a little, before finalizing them. 

i wish its in lana's hands because i feel like she at least cares what we think at a certain point (i hope) and literally anyday now she can come to a realization she should put this album out for us. if its her label they dont give a fuck about us, if they dont want the album out it aint coming out anytime soon period.

I know in the past I've said I don't want Lana to give us snippets, but considering how long we have to wait and that we don't know exactly when NFR willl be released, I think she should give us one more snippet to hold us off.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I expect NFR will be released and promoted in a similar way to Florence's High As Hope last year. 

Florence was very quiet about the album and released the lead single, Hunger, in May for album release in late June. 

The album received critical acclaim but was very restrained and understated. She also only really worked with one producer, namely Emile Haynie!!, like Lana is only working with Jack.

Just a thought, the album might be promoted and have a similar aesthetic to High As Hope, especially since Florence also released a poetry book last year. 

I know in the past I've said I don't want Lana to give us snippets, but considering how long we have to wait and that we don't know exactly when NFR willl be released, I think she should give us one more snippet to hold us off.

same here lol tbh I hope it leaks if it's not coming out til autumn cos wtf is a year long pre release period doing when there is no promo or roll out

what is The Point idgi

fight me

same here lol tbh I hope it leaks if it's not coming out til autumn cos wtf is a year long pre release period doing when there is no promo or roll out

what is The Point idgi

fight me

At this point, the lead single is needed lol. 

I loves all the snippets she teased for NFR, but I also love that we have no clue of 6 songs. I loved LFL partly because when it got out, there were still so many surprises and songs that wowed me, despite 5 singles and other snippets from it. 

I'd be glad if she took time to rework MAC and VB. I mean, MAC is already brillant, but I've always thought VB lacked something. We would have two "new" fresh songs when the album comes out, and she could still leave the old versions on Spotify, and just change the title to MAC (demo) or MAC (alternative)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

No rick papa and no leaks i guess isnt a coincidence

Conclusion: eclipse is actually grandpa newels :defeated:

A part of me wishes she would take MAC, VB and HIADTGJGJGRJ off the album and replace them with fresher songs but then it'll take longer for it to be released so were stuck with an album with two songs that 1 years old amongst a bunch of fetuses.

Ylz3pk7.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven