Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

anyways, marina, melanie, cruel youth and BANKS are coming tru this year so 2019 is saved after all

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Some of y'all are being a little dramatic. Lana is fine, she's enjoying life, she's happy in herself.

I do believe and have said previously that I think the lackluster era is down to her label rather than Lana herself. There's clearly a low budget for this album compared to the Lust For Life era. Repurposing the Happiness music video for 2 other songs and now using the leftover set from LA To The Moon Tour for her live performances. They weren't keen on the single choices to begin with and I wouldn't be surprised if Ben said the album wasn't done cos she wanted her to add more commercial or pop sounding songs. He is also the one that criticised the original album cover (but that could be a blessing).

I don't think a surprise release is coming, I just think Lana wanted to update us in her own way and used the Miss Daytona account to be honest. It's likely she doesn't know when the album is coming - at least we know it's done. Let's just let her enjoy herself with her friends and get the poetry book finished and hopefully Interscope will get their shit together.

Deep down I hope that the label are gonna push some money into this era... Maybe reshoot the Happiness video and push it as a lead single closer to the time? We can only wait and see.

*Lana, coming closer to the crowd to hear* : What should we do next

People : CINNAMONNNNNNNNNN

Lana : ok you know this one *High By The Beach starts playing*

she acted like she couldnt hear them when they started yelling cinnamon LMAOO

yea im starting to come to more of a realization that this aint no surprise drop and shes probably having label problems... well what do we do now?

cry

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

yea im starting to come to more of a realization that this aint no surprise drop and shes probably having label problems... well what do we do now?

interscope and polydor both have insta accounts. we could politely ask?  :usrs:

Like everybody has said it is one of two things - surprise release or label hold up! I find the former to be way more unlikely.

I think her tweet was a roundabout way to draw attention to the delay and call out her label without outright doing it. There are a lot of politics that go into this, Lana may say she has the creative freedom she has but she is still under contract with Interscope. At the end of the day they control the show. On top of that I don’t see her being bold enough to blatantly call them out of it is them while the album is in limbo.

Anyways I’ve been thinking about it and I’m really not expecting anything as far as the album until the Malahide date. I think they could maybe use that to pump things up a bit more. We will see though!

I loved MAC last night though. I know everybody is VB this and VB that but MAC is the superior track! :hooker:

Well if it’s indeed a Interscope politics thing, they probably will make a decision quickly. They know it is expected like crazy at this point.

she never said she's doing a suprise drop, half of the stuff in these pre-release threads is messy fan fiction, people trying to make things look more deep than they are and some feaver-dream delusions from fans.

if i were her label i'd literally lock lana up in her contract for the whole next album era and let her have her first single once the whole album is done and approved bc she's clearly not capable of organising this stuff on her own.

people always forget the fact that she's at least partially to blame for the random release of songs before she even finished the album and i'm not even going to go deeper on the whole teasing songs on instagram thing.

additionally remember when she went out of her way to randomly announce that she's cancelling shows at the beginning of the year without ever announcing what shows she was talking about, completely forgetting about the whole thing and like.. there were no cancellations so far so what was that whole thing about. another drama and mess that could have been avoided so easily.

i76mrxw.png 

Some of y'all are being a little dramatic. Lana is fine, she's enjoying life, she's happy in herself.

I do believe and have said previously that I think the lackluster era is down to her label rather than Lana herself. There's clearly a low budget for this album compared to the Lust For Life era. Repurposing the Happiness music video for 2 other songs and now using the leftover set from LA To The Moon Tour for her live performances. They weren't keen on the single choices to begin with and I wouldn't be surprised if Ben said the album wasn't done cos she wanted her to add more commercial or pop sounding songs. He is also the one that criticised the original album cover (but that could be a blessing).

I don't think a surprise release is coming, I just think Lana wanted to update us in her own way and used the Miss Daytona account to be honest. It's likely she doesn't know when the album is coming - at least we know it's done. Let's just let her enjoy herself with her friends and get the poetry book finished and hopefully Interscope will get their shit together.

Deep down I hope that the label are gonna push some money into this era... Maybe reshoot the Happiness video and push it as a lead single closer to the time? We can only wait and see.

low budget is no excuse for bad visuals. even no budget is no excuse. she just doesn't care about visuals anymore, or her taste has changed and genuinely doesn't want good visuals anymore. not all artists do and i respect that, but it would be nice if she made a point to talk about it in an interview or something so that we wouldn't keep waiting for the gorgeous visuals she used to be known for. to me it's a matter of knowing where we stand. she's allowed to change as a person, even do a complete 180, it's her life & her art. i just wish she'd let us know what's going on so that we know what to expect.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

low budget is no excuse for bad visuals. even no budget is no excuse. she just doesn't care about visuals anymore, or her taste has changed and genuinely doesn't want good visuals anymore. not all artists do and i respect that, but it would be nice if she made a point to talk about it in an interview or something so that we wouldn't keep waiting for the gorgeous visuals she used to be known for. to me it's a matter of knowing where we stand. she's allowed to change as a person, even do a complete 180, it's her life & her art. i just wish she'd let us know what's going on so that we know what to expect.

yeah and she's been reusing tour props and backdrops for like years now, it's not like that's a new thing either.

i76mrxw.png 

If there's still no release date then why did she do that photoshoot with Steven? I'm assuming it is for a magazine again and not the album cover but are they just going to release it randomly with no album in sight or just hoard it for however long it takes for something to happen  :derpna2:

The LFL album trailer came out 29th March 2017 and then the album was released about 4 months after, so I expect if she doesn't announce anything soon, we might be waiting until late summer for the album  :deadbanana:

What's the point in Lana doing a shoot/interview for a magazine if she hs nothing to discuss about the album considering we'll be getting it later this year, realistically.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

We all knew she wouldn’t say anything about the album, and still had meltdowns all over the place :defeated:

No more shows for three months, so all we have to look forward to are the V Magazine shoot with Steven and a possible song release. The album clearly isn’t coming until mid-late summer...a year after MAC and VB. Just tragic.

There are tons of huge releases on Interscope coming within the next two months, so i'm sure they're waiting to release this record after the dust is cleared. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.