Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm loving the continuity, the flow of the lyrics, how MAC "calls" VB and VB calls the rest of the album:

MAC: And who I've been is with you on these beaches / Your Venice bitch, your die-hard, your weakness

Venice Bitch: Norman Rockwell / No hype under our covers / It's just me and you

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

How can people not be into Cinnamon? The first snippet it felt like another piano ballad, but now hearing the heavy beats and melody - I cannot wait. I think the people that don't like it are the same people that told themselves she was making a folk album and then disappointed that she didn't....

Between this, MAC, VB, and HIAB - I'm really liking how this album is shaping up. So curious what will be the lead song she will release from the album!!

I'm not feeling How to Disappear, but will give it a chance once I hear the full song.

I'm loving the continuity, the flow of the lyrics, how MAC "calls" VB and VB calls the rest of the album:

MAC: And who I've been is with you on these beaches / Your Venice bitch, your die-hard, your weakness

Venice Bitch: Norman Rockwell / No hype under our covers / It's just me and you

Do you think Norman Rockwell could be about the same guy as Best American Record?

If you look at the lyrics of Best American Record it's pretty similar to what she said Norman Rockwell was about, then as you said in Venice Bitch it's like she's calling the guy Norman Rockwell. In both Best American Record and Venice Bitch she talks about how all roads lead to him then how she wants him back also in Venice Bitch and in MAC also she called herself his Venice Bitch so that is about the same thing pretty much.

I think Norman Rockwell could be similar style of song(lyrically) as BAR where she is going to sing about how the guy is Norman Rockwell and thinks he's better than he is and how he fucked up and she wanted him back.

I actually wonder if this whole album is going to actually be about that one person. As if the person being sung about in Venice Bitch and MAC(as we know they are the same person given she says shes his Venice Bitch also in MAC) and the guy in Venice Bitch is the Norman Rockwell guy then that would be at least 3 songs about that one guy and HIAB, Cinnamon and HTD could also both be about him as well.

I just think its unfair to NFR to put her up against UV girls! I mean NFR is still a BABY.. miss NFR hasn't even been born yet she's still in metamorphosis! Every album cycle we're always gonna compare the newer work to UV and it just sets us up for disappointment so let's just go in with a new state mind, let her magnum opus UV sit comfortably and sip some wine while we enjoy new things to come x

Yeah, it would be fair if we compared NFR with her worst, Honeymoon

I’m actually super excited for this record. LFL never felt right to me lol and I have barley listened to it since release but these snippets sound so good. HIAB, Cinnamon and VB already have a spot as my favs on the album. Now I’m just hoping she serves a quality photoshoot on the cover (Chuck can literally shoot any other promo idc, if she’s changing up producers why not change photographers!?) I’m also hoping for magazine covers like LFL Era, those were amazing. Finally I’m hoping for at least one TV performance, a few red carpet appearances and if she can’t do TV then some big radio interviews. (Also hoping for a quality MV!!!)

Yeah, it would be fair if we compared NFR with her worst, *LFL*

This is a lie. Honeymoon is second best, after UV.

lilkimxchapelle.png

I’m actually super excited for this record. LFL never felt right to me lol and I have barley listened to it since release but these snippets sound so good. HIAB, Cinnamon and VB already have a spot as my favs on the album. Now I’m just hoping she serves a quality photoshoot on the cover (Chuck can literally shoot any other promo idc, if she’s changing up producers why not change photographers!?) I’m also hoping for magazine covers like LFL Era, those were amazing. Finally I’m hoping for at least one TV performance, a few red carpet appearances and if she can’t do TV then some big radio interviews. (Also hoping for a quality MV!!!)

This is a lie. Honeymoon is second best, after UV.

Such a shame she doesn’t want to do any TV performances anymore. Some people deserve to be blessed by the queen.

giphy.gif

Some people are desperately trying to compare these songs to Jack‘s previous productions (e.g. Taylor Swift, Lorde).

It’s not realistic. All these songs scream made by Lana and they clearly show her signature.

All these artists wish they could

Such a shame she doesn’t want to do any TV performances anymore. Some people deserve to be blessed by the queen.

I've always wondered how much bigger she would be if she went on TV even just sometimes like once a year or two. A lot of people aged say 35+ when she became famous won't really know of her or have checked her music as most people once they get to that age never check new artists or new music since they'll have their own favourites by then and probably only ever hear about or see people on the radio or TV but Lana is never on TV or Radio to be noticed enough for people to check her out.

Her personality would come across well also on like a TV talk show, at least in the UK where im from I think here people in general kind of like shy and awkward celebrities and find them endearing. Im not sure about America though.

Accurate representation of my love support and appreciation for Cin since I came home from uni and went to the grocery for 40min with the merged snippet on a literal loop

63175243-business-infographic-positive-g

Honestly the power she has over my mind is borderline concerning, like how can a human have complete control over another human and make them do a 360 in a matter of seconds, in conclusion she's a goddess thanks for coming to my Ted talk

More seriously I think the reason I had some issues with Cin at first is that 1) the beginning really is objectively weaker compared than the rest 2) the sound quality is just good enough to hear details but just bad enough to make everything sound muffled and flat. It's gonna be incredible.

And I thought about it and I think the Melanie song it makes me think of is Alphabet Boy???? With the instrumental??? But I remain convinced it's also similar to an unreleased

ZKcaooE.png

Y'all saying Cinnamon sounds like Melanie makes me worried tbh lmao i don't know why but i just don't vibe with that girl  :rip:

Don't worry I adore Mel's music but it's very dissimilar and the production is miles away it's just the core melody that share a few notes imho. Nothing to do with her at all.

ZKcaooE.png

Accurate representation of my love support and appreciation for Cin since I came home from uni and went to the grocery for 40min with the merged snippet on a literal loop

63175243-business-infographic-positive-g

Honestly the power she has over my mind is borderline concerning, like how can a human have complete control over another human and make them do a 360 in a matter of seconds, in conclusion she's a goddess thanks for coming to my Ted talk

More seriously I think the reason I had some issues with Cin at first is that 1) the beginning really is objectively weaker compared than the rest 2) the sound quality is just good enough to hear details but just bad enough to make everything sound muffled and flat. It's gonna be incredible.

And I thought about it and I think the Melanie song it makes me think of is Alphabet Boy???? With the instrumental??? But I remain convinced it's also similar to an unreleased

Haha you are so funny

Love ur excitement

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Haha you are so funny

Love ur excitement

:toofunny: I'm sorry I can't detect sarcasm online so I don't know if you're joking but if you are not then thank you, when I talk about Lana I'm so passionate that people usually get annoyed with me in 10mins  :P

ZKcaooE.png