Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I feel like the album is a «jab at the male ego» *(someone here mentioned it and it sounds genius), a collection of her past love experiences.

The guy in BAR reminds me of Barrie, which she broke up with because of his depression («there was nothing left by the time we went to bed»; depressed guys aren't that great in the sack, believe my experience).

The guy on VB is the writer type of guy that reminds me of the writer in Is This Happiness («You write, I tour» / «You think you're fucking Hunter S Thompson). 

Lana said that NFr is about a guy who tells all the time that he is great and all... Could it be G-Eazy? The guy sure has ego and I always thought she referred to him when she sang live White Mustang and added «And it wasn't even that good!» after the line «The day your record dropped.» 

it's only speculation here, by the way :)

Who knows? We had heard Cherry live and didn't get it before July 21, so...

Could have been Barrie also the "wasnt even that good", I actually just listened to an interview of him today as he just tweeted it

He released an album in April 2016, his first album. Which he worked on for like 3 years, in that interview above he says he left his band because he fell in love with the Piano and wanted to make more Piano music while the band wanted more guitar so it just wouldn't work any more. The LFL era songs were probably mostly made after his album came out also and I can't see her really caring too much about G-Eazy music.

Her songs may be like a mix of all her ex boyfriends though.

one thing that Cinnamons production reminds me off is The neighbourhood's wiped out album, like the synth sound in the pre chorus. idk looolll but its given me that vibbeeee and i love it  :flutter:

I love that album so much!

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

Lalalalala beautiful beautiful beautiful

:defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

!!!!!!!!!!

I just love the way she sings that and "Whatever" part. :defeated:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

For me album/songs rankings are pointless. It’s depending on so many things, like seasons or something as simple as my current mood. Each of her albums is my favourite and describing my life at some point!

trying sooo hard to not overplay the cinnamon snippet... it reminds me of insane by flume

LOOOOL remember when people thought that was Lana on that track?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The pic of Kali Uchis on Apple Music reminds me of that shoot from 2011 I think where she’s in the car and I think the same shoot had the big fluffy cat. It might’ve been a different shoot but I think it was the BTD album cover shoot or it was one very similar

Sorry I know this is random but it’s funny how the “gangsta Nancy Sinatra” kind of left Lana and now since Lana’s kind of left that in the past (I think), Kali just looks very similar to the look Lana was going for in BTD days

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The way she sings Cinnamon reminds me of the way she sings Lemonade from Lemonade Motorcycles in Dance for Money

I was a bit sleepy when I first heard Cinnamon so I heard “cinnamon, lemon tea” and thought of dance for money too:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I just Wanted to share my thoughts on Cinnamon snippet, I like the song title and I think will represent very well the subjects of the song. Cinnamon if used wisely add a great taste to a dessert but used alone has a very aggressive taste and it makes you choke (see the cinnamon challenge) it could be a great metaphore for a guy she’s singing about maybe. Or maybe I’m just high.

Summarizing my life in 3 words :whatever everything forever

I thought she said “whatever everything whatever” instead of forever

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun