Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

If the album trailer is in the same vein as the MAC/VB videos she can keep it 

After all this wait I am sure she will give us something much better.

She writes the lyrics though; her cowriter usually just writes the chord progression 

Yeah what I meant was her songs likely evolve when she's working with someone else. Like I'm not doubting that she writes the lyrics, but she likely changes those lyrics up sometimes suit chords, etc ... there's some outside influence there.

Whereas the poems seem very raw and drafty.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I think we have to remember MAC, VB, and Hope aren't going to be on the album (supposedly). I'm sure I saw that HIB is going to be the first official single from the album the other's were just songs she wanted to put out

My sweet summer child, you still have a lot to learn lol

Seriously, at this point, the only certainties we have have come from sources outside of her. When Hope was released, so was this official press release from Universal, stating that Hope, VB and Mariners were fan tracks, that the lead was coming soon (it was never named). And many read that the tracks will be on NFR.

http://www.umusic.ca/press-releases/84263/ 

Lots of people mentioning a summer or autumn release... What makes you thinks there’s even an album anymore?

Honestly I'm starting to think it's scrapped. I know people will say "but her poetry book is obv coming first" but like...surely Lana herself would feel that the album is aging already and she's moving onto the next one in terms of writing/planning or whatever it is. She works fast. I wouldn't be surprised at all at this point.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Honestly I'm starting to think it's scrapped. I know people will say "but her poetry book is obv coming first" but like...surely Lana herself would feel that the album is aging already and she's moving onto the next one in terms of writing/planning or whatever it is. She works fast. I wouldn't be surprised at all at this point.

Lots of people mentioning a summer or autumn release... What makes you thinks there’s even an album anymore?

Ok, we have reached a new low. I won't say anything else. 

If the album was scrapped they would probably make a statement about it, yeah? There would be literally zero sense in trying to secretly toss out an album that has been talked about by Lana and by music publications repeatedly. It would just make more sense to tell people so they can move on.

Also has Jack Antonoff ever said anything about the album?

Ok, we have reached a new low. I won't say anything else. 

It's not far fetched, though. By the time we get the album, VB and MAC will be 7 months to (possibly) a year old. It's not exactly good to put old songs on a brand new album. I don't know why anyone would think that's a good idea. And if it's not scrapped, it's possible Lana is tweaking some things, wether it be the tracklist, the cover, or taking out old songs and writing new ones.  

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

If the album was scrapped they would probably make a statement about it, yeah? There would be literally zero sense in trying to secretly toss out an album that has been talked about by Lana and by music publications repeatedly. It would just make more sense to tell people so they can move on.

He publishes only when a single is out. Probably out of respect for her. 

When MAC came out, he published a picture of her recording the track, he tweeted how and when Hope was made, etc. 

... OK this is pretty far-fetched but I've been dying to type it.

What if ... Lana and Jack had a thing ... and they broke up? It would explain the dead silence from both of them, her managers' contradicting each other/Lana, and the delay.

And when I say it would explain the delay, I mean - if they are no longer on good terms - they might want some time before it drops .. or they might even have been told to fix/add something, and they need time before they feel comfortable working together again, etc. 

I also immediately thought of him when she wrote that poem about "Joe" and his "brown eyes".

It'd explain why she seemed so enthused about this album and then just went silent. I mean she probably is with that other actor guy now but it doesn't mean she wasn't with Jack.

(Captain's Log, Page 1552: people start really making stuff up to justify)

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

What if ... Lana and Jack had a thing ... and they broke up? It would explain the dead silence from both of them, her managers' contradicting each other/Lana, and the delay.

And when I say it would explain the delay, I mean - if they are no longer on good terms - they might want some time before it drops .. or they might even have been told to fix/add something, and they need time before they feel comfortable working together again, etc.

I also immediately thought of him when she wrote that poem about "Joe" and his "brown eyes".

It'd explain why she seemed so enthused about this album and then just went silent. I mean she probably is with that other actor guy now but it doesn't mean she wasn't with Jack.

Jack doesn’t have the « bad guy » aura she loves. I love your theory though. I’d love it to be true haha! And we could add some up by saying that she met the actor she’s been apparently seeing for the last few months (can’t remember his name) and she couldn’t decide between the good and the bad guy...

Could have conspiracy theores based on anything though.

I read on here the other day someone saying she's lazy and doesnt want to learn the new songs to perform at these summer festivals and shows she is doing and it also makes sense to me, especially as she mentioned how she was going to be cancelling some shows but then never did - she cancelled the album instead :thumb3: :omfg2:

:wowcry:

we know she loves two-timing them! :oprah:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.