Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Maybe Lana will drop the album this week on Good Friday. She does love a good religious theme.

(Disclaimer: I don't actually expect this to happen  :poordat:  )

Dale Coopers intuitively thinking y’all! This won’t happen but maybe the album cover could?

Lana cover Over the Rainbow challenge

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

decoding wether or not they're fucking isn't going to make the album come quicker

gotta stay busy somehow in the meantime

it's just the way i feel

What ever happened with those pictures of her and Jack in those grey suites? Where they for a photo shoot or just for fun? Maybe that was for the album cover and then she changed her mind? Who knows at this point.

What ever happened with those pictures of her and Jack in those grey suites? Where they for a photo shoot or just for fun? Maybe that was for the album cover and then she changed her mind? Who knows at this point.

I think just for fun. The caption said something to that effect.

It's common to dress up in your boyfriend's clothes, after all. :omfg2:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I just suspect that the reason for the delay might be personal because she hasn't said a word. If it was something really innocent and simple, like a production delay, then I don't see why you wouldn't just say that. She is avoiding talking about this album's release for whatever reason.

The thing with her is, she never was transparent. We've never been updated about an album during its writing process, except for things like Honeymoon's title in January 2015, but she barely ever communicated about the actual album-making. Of course it also partakes of the mystery that surrounds her. Since 2012 she's never sung a new song live, though she had recorded a lot of unheard songs when she toured in 2013, 2015, 2016. However, now, it doesn't even feel mysterious, it's just disrespectful, annoying and next to unbearable. With LFL we never had a piece of explanation about the delay either, so no explanation should be expected from her. It could be for literally any reason, except the ones that we know aren't valid: Rockwell's family and the label.

LFL not being that old - though it must be remembered that it's the longest time lapse between two of her albums, ever - doesn't justify anything because the album is done

I think just for fun. The caption said something to that effect.

It's common to dress up in your boyfriend's clothes, after all. :omfg2:

Oh ok, gotcha. I was hoping something would have came out of those photos. And lol. Yes I see the new conspiracy theory as to why Lana hasn’t released the album lolol.

imagine if she uses the poems from her book as the interludes to some of the music videos this era

imagine if she includes some music videos this era *

(other than recycled and repetitive iphone footage w a grainy filter lol)

I honestly find it really strange that she's supposed to play the Open'er Festival on July 6th and there's nothing on her official site or anything. Most artists tweet or IG their festival appearances ... and if you look at her IG she used to do that not so long ago ... but she has said absolutely nothing about this, or about any of the other festivals she's playing, for that matter. Tbh I find that a bit disrespectful to the festival organisers, who are probably paying her a fuckload to be there, and they don't even get a retweet when they announce that she's going.

I know everyone's all, "oh this is just how she is" 'n' shit, but I don't know. It really does seem like self-sabotage at this point.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I loved these pics and I'd love her to be in a suit on the cover. Depends on the scenery but she could finally drive the damn car in a suit leaving California behind. Would suit the cabin theme. Idk honestly but it would be a dream

The sad truth is that she's probably in a different place now since it's been so long since she started sessions for NFR and therefore she might end up adding and changing things LFL style so the whole deeply reflective foresty theme is no longer a given :rip:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I don’t think there’s anything that can save this era rn....

The fact that when we do finally get news on the album it’s gonna be something like “Happiness is a butterfly next week xo music video out soon” like I’ve heard that song and watched the footage 5 trillion times lana...... drop Cinnamon with high budget gorgeous visuals challenge

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I honestly find it really strange that she's supposed to play the Open'er Festival on July 6th and there's nothing on her official site or anything. Most artists tweet or IG their festival appearances ... and if you look at her IG she used to do that not so long ago ... but she has said absolutely nothing about this, or about any of the other festivals she's playing, for that matter. Tbh I find that a bit disrespectful to the festival organisers, who are probably paying her a fuckload to be there, and they don't even get a retweet when they announce that she's going.

I know everyone's all, "oh this is just how she is" 'n' shit, but I don't know. It really does seem like self-sabotage at this point.

She didn’t say anything about the other festivals until much later. The lineups had been revealed months prior her posting their posters on her Instagram, if I’m not mistaken. It somewhat calmed fans who wondered what shows she would cancel. Don’t worry, I’m sure a staff will update her live list in the upcoming weeks, they’re always a bit slow (in my opinion).

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Maybe Lana will drop the album this week on Good Friday. She does love a good religious theme.

(Disclaimer: I don't actually expect this to happen :poordat: )

Last week, I had a thought that maybe she would release HIaB this week, since she first teased the song Easter weekend last year...Then I remembered she probably doesn’t notice these things and that we see so much more into this than her.

she's a mess, we some announcements last year and the only update she gave us on instagram was "oops also by the way don't be surprised we're cancelling shows but also happy new year xx" and we still have no idea wtf she was talking about but she eventually posted some festival posters and line ups like a month later after she posted that mess so.. yeah.

what was the single she didn't even bother posting about until like hours after it got released or something  :deadbanana:

i76mrxw.png