Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Tbh I'd rather wait other six months than have another snippet or single posted tbh... I don't care anymore though... My life is in shambles

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

I think the question has been brought up before but where are Alex and Ashley? Haven’t seen Lana with them for ages it seems

She has new cool trendy baddie friends now. She doesn't need them anymore. It's a matter of time until she chops them from the live performances.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I just want Lana to explain wtf Lil B means

Brandon Christopher McCartney, professionally known as Lil B and as his alter ego The BasedGod, is an American rapper, motivational speaker and activist. Lil B has recorded both solo and with The Pack. His solo work spans several genres, including hip hop, new age, indie rock and choral music.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil_B

She has new cool trendy baddie friends now. She doesn't need them anymore. It's a matter of time until she chops them from the live performances.

Yayyy new baddie foreground dancerssss

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Can’t remember if it was on here or ATRL, but someone said she kinda “dropped” NFR around the time Titantic Rising was released? Then she started plugging Weyes Blood?

I’m probably reaching but I’d like to think Lana felt a sudden rush of inspiration (she did say Natalie was an inspiration on IG) and is making adjustments to NFR. Just maybe.

Can’t remember if it was on here or ATRL, but someone said she kinda “dropped” NFR around the time Titantic Rising was released? Then she started plugging Weyes Blood?

I’m probably reaching but I’d like to think Lana felt a sudden rush of inspiration (she did say Natalie was an inspiration on IG) and is making adjustments to NFR. Just maybe.

If thats true then good for her. Titanic Rising is a MASTERPIECE, a true work of art. If Lana still has some artistic self respect in her she would never release another song like Hope is an ugly thing after listening to the likes of Andromeda and Mirror Forever.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

if her baddie friends are the catalyst for lana getting rid of her backup dancers and the supreme awkwardness that comes along with her trying to do their choreography, that will be the only good thing they've managed to accomplish

and if the baddie friends themselves ever set foot on that stage, any of the good karma they receive from being said catalyst will be instantly wiped away 

it's just the way i feel

I'm gonna b hopeful for a sec and assume she's hanging out w them bc she misses her old days when she just had fun hanging w her old friends doing who knows what, referenced from TIWMUG, as if it's any of our business tho 

and if that's especially true, then at least we have another kinda facet on how she's trying to retain her basic humanity in tact. 

UV/Honeymoon

I'm gonna b hopeful for a sec and assume she's hanging out w them bc she misses her old days when she just had fun hanging w her old friends doing who knows what, referenced from TIWMUG, as if it's any of our business tho 

and if that's especially true, then at least we have another kinda facet on how she's trying to retain her basic humanity in tact. 

what better way to retain your basic humanity than to spend most of your time with a bunch of bAdDiEs from a misogynistic homophobic cult <3 we staaaaan <3

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
stay on topic & be respectful

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

yall with these potential tracklists that only have songs that have already been teased or released -- oh hell no.  if NFR is ever released, i better be seeing some songs i haven't even imagined or i'm done.  i swear.  cinnamon is the only NFR song she's teased that i'm even remotely interested in.  cant wait for the "new" material

what better way to retain your basic humanity than to spend most of your time with a bunch of bAdDiEs from a misogynistic homophobic cult <3 we staaaaan <3

Oh gooooood lemme tell ya something. Like I honestly dk her friend choice, and I'm not gonna go further into that bc to each their own, but coming from a Catholic to Christian family, singling myself out here and having been in different types of churches, Hillsong actually has a bit more patience and understanding when it comes to homosexuals, personal experience. Do they fucking scare me, these places? Fucking hell yes. But do I understand the renewal and inner strength they seem to foster when others need it? Apparently so.. 

It depends on how the person takes these things and makes the world a better, kinder place imo. I don't wanna shit on anyone else's religious beliefs, but I understand and KNOW the pain that comes from being pigeonholed into several categories, and like seeing both sides, and try to add the good into my personal life. Is it messy af? Hell yes. Can we learn from it? Hopefully we all can. Stream hope is a homo.mp3

UV/Honeymoon

sue me if this is off topic, but how tf does a religion that tells us we are all inherently evil (original sin) and need redemption from Big Daddy (or else youll burn forever) foster renewal or inner strength?  i mean i see how it goes perfectly with Lana's discography......... but isn't her whole deal now that she's left these abusive men for better things and more self belief and stuff??  Christianity tells us we all suck and need to suck up to patriarchs to be "saved."  NEXT

I’m part of another Lana fan group on FB: I love we are all up to date here and they are always two weeks behind lol. Big topic today: the trademarked name lol. And the argument brought up is a screenshot that was debunked here Hahahaha !

sue me if this is off topic, but how tf does a religion that tells us we are all inherently evil (original sin) and need redemption from Big Daddy (or else youll burn forever) foster renewal or inner strength?  i mean i see how it goes perfectly with Lana's discography......... but isn't her whole deal now that she's left these abusive men for better things and more self belief and stuff??  Christianity tells us we all suck and need to suck up to patriarchs to be "saved."  NEXT

For me, I like taking the moral lessons from it and try applying it practically as a kind of human decency check. To ur first question, I think the main thing might be pride. Like, to be so consumed in ur ego, that u forget everyone else, brings greed, and separation and all that shit. I found it real puzzling and interesting on how Lana sorta mimicked some of those themes in Paradise, bc imo, there's always gonna be ups and downs in life, and how u make ur life makes u, and that's what I attribute to the whole good vs evil thing, at least when it touches up on morality. 

There are people who aren't as strong as you, in mind, in heart, some people just wanna die sometimes, and if they find comfort in a higher power, let em. Do I support people who take it too far bc of impatience and lack of understanding before acting in imbalanced impulses? Nope. But if there's something to be taken out of anything, you owe it to yourself to be a better person to at least see things through and decide whether or not it fits to who you want to be in life 

UV/Honeymoon