Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lana was apparently interviewed by Grazia Italia by @fedi_volpe on instagram. does anyone know how to buy this magazine and anyone who can translate it?????? 

V Magazine AND Grazia magazine? A storm is brewing, gays!

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lana was apparently interviewed by Grazia Italia by @fedi_volpe on instagram. does anyone know how to buy this magazine and anyone who can translate it?????? 

She says in the comments it's on newsstands today. Someone in Italy find it  :creep:

the magazine is already out and released... someone help get the info :(

I'm on it!

giphy.gif

Update: One of my friends from Italy temporarily deactivated her twitter acc so I can't ask her to check :(

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm on it!

giphy.gif

Update: One of my friends from Italy temporarily deactivated her twitter acc so I can't ask her to check :(

Download the google translate app

The Instagram pic says

“THE STUDIES IN PHILOSOPHY AND THE FIRST SONGS UNDER THE FALSE NAME, THE SUCCESS OBTAINED AS WOOL OF THE REY, THE BLACK HOLE OF ALCOHOL AND THE RETURN. THE AMERICAN SINGER SPEAKS TO THE GRACE OF HIS MANY LIVES, AND NOW THAT IS THE FACE OF A PERFUME FOR FREE SPIRITS, IT EXPLAIN WHY NOTHING CAN STOP THE HEART OF BOHEMIEN BY Federica Volpe FROM Los Angeles”

You can translate images

Download the google translate app

The Instagram pic says

“THE STUDIES IN PHILOSOPHY AND THE FIRST SONGS UNDER THE FALSE NAME, THE SUCCESS OBTAINED AS WOOL OF THE REY, THE BLACK HOLE OF ALCOHOL AND THE RETURN. THE AMERICAN SINGER SPEAKS TO THE GRACE OF HIS MANY LIVES, AND NOW THAT IS THE FACE OF A PERFUME FOR FREE SPIRITS, IT EXPLAIN WHY NOTHING CAN STOP THE HEART OF BOHEMIEN BY Federica Volpe FROM Los Angeles”

You can translate images

Omfg my Italian heart is sobbing and gritting its teeth at this broken English smh

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Just bought it. It says nothing about the new album, only that we'll hear it soon

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

Apparently she talked about Gucci Guilty, Italy, and other pointless things.

When asked about the album, she says "you'll hear it soon, and read my poetry soon, too"

Queen of mystery

Does anyone have a full link to te article?? Even if its in Italiano

I've tried to find it online but there is nothing, i've downloaded the app and bought it for 1 euro lol 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

If her response to “when is your music coming out?” happens to be “you’ll hear it soon and you’ll read my poetry too”, it seems as if the poetry theory might be true. Maybe a side by side release. We won’t see or hear the record until the book is ready to go and they can’t announce the release date of the album because they don’t know when the book will be ready.

If her response to “when is your music coming out?” happens to be “you’ll hear it soon and you’ll read my poetry too”, it seems as if the poetry theory might be true. Maybe a side by side release. We won’t see or hear the record until the book is ready to go and they can’t announce the release date of the album because they don’t know when the book will be ready.

That’s what makes sense to me. I wonder if the music changes at all or the poetry? Hmmm

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

In Venice Bitch, Lana shows a kind of vulnerability that feels nothing short of pathetic. It feels nothing like Hope, The Blackest Day, Is This Happiness, even Ultraviolence with its "he hit me and it felt like a kiss". Until Venice Bitch, Lana's vulnerability -though not always relatable- always seemed tragically beautiful...stunningly disarming. She excelled in turning ugly situations into beautiful works of art. She sang "it's you, it's you, it's all for you, everything I do", in a song about her boyfriend ignoring her to play freaking World of Warcraft. It's such a silly thing to write a song about, and it could have easily came out sounding ridiculous. Instead she managed to create a dreamy, melancholic masterpiece. Same with Blue Jeans, where she romanticizes being her man's "ride or die bitch" while he's stressing her out. Venice Bitch just fails to have any sort of impact. It doesn't touch me. It doesn't move me. I'm hearing a silly little girl mumble. And I'm sitting over here like :pls:

And you know, it could be said that maybe it's just me. I'm older, I'm colder, my heart has turned into a shriveled lump of coal...maybe the walls I've put up make it impossible for me to have the emotionally charged, transcendent, otherworldly experience everyone else seems to have when they listen to Venice Bitch. But Hope was like a knife in the heart. And How To Disappear hit me so fucking hard. I felt just like I did when I first heard Pretty When You Cry, Religion, etc. So it can't be me. It's Venice Bitch and its lack of quality. But I guess a guitar solo can save everything :awkney2:

It's OK not to like every song she puts out, but the "One person's garbage is another person's masterpiece" phenomenon is something not discussed nearly enough here, imo (e.g., I was tempted to run to the defense of Moi Je Joue last week). However, I don't think either of us think VB is garbage.

I get "vulnerable" for VB in the sense of she's super happy in that song and maybe she shouldn't be? So HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI is presented next?  I don't have personal vibes to VB, or the other songs you mention. Instead I'm just attracted to her range in singing about love situations. I like VB, because she's taking risks (and hopefully some of the instrumental part is her fooling around too). I like the VB chorus, because it's something I'd never expect to hear in a song from the usual suspects (e.g., Taylor, Lorde, or Adele), and maybe predictably so, as that chorus is a tad socially incorrect, but another way of guaging its patheticness is in relationship to love-lorn songs by males. In particular, "I'm your man" (Leonard Cohen), which seems to be a central reference in MAC. I really don't know why she has it in MAC, but it does seem important (and strangely natural) that she does.