Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

the idea of singing from a "working class perspective" at shows she gets to via private jet seems very slimy and disingenuous

She had a rough 10 years before she blew up so that gives enough perspective about how much it sucks to live a life of poverty.

She had a rough 10 years before she blew up so that gives enough perspective about how much it sucks to live a life of poverty.

i started writing a response to this but i'm fuckin tired and need to sleep, so suffice it to say a] i don't agree and b] that's not even really what i was getting at

hopefully i'll be more coherent in the morning  

it's just the way i feel

Hillsong Is A Dangerous Church For A Woman Like Me To Go - But I Go To It

She will go over the Easter weekend without a doubt. The only question is which Insta baddie friend she will take with her.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I dreamt that I stayed outside a fancy hotel in the middle of the night where Lana would perform the day after and they played Cinnamon on the speakers outside, so I tried to record it with my phone even though people were talking around me. Long story short, it didn’t have any surprises, there was nothing new in it that we haven’t already heard in the snippets (melodically speaking, I don’t remember anything of the lyrics) but it ended with “hold me, love me, touch me, honey, be the first who ever did” slowly stretching out, kinda like “aah, aah, soft ice cream” in Salvatore. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

She will go over the Easter weekend without a doubt. The only question is which Insta baddie friend she will take with her.

I love Lana but I want to see her get dragged HARD by media for going there like has happened to other people. You could go to any fucking church, girl.....

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Seriously, what the fuck is she doing? Did she used to go to church (as in, another one) or is this a whole new thing?

Like I'm just wondering if someone convinced her to change to this one from another, or if she just started going to church and picked the worst one possible. I mean it's probably better than Scientology, but only marginally.

And as someone else said, thank fuck she'd already finished NFR before this shit.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Seriously, what the fuck is she doing? Did she used to go to church (as in, another one) or is this a whole new thing?

i think the last time she was seen at a church was when she was shooting the uv music video 

zKDuri.gif

can't wait for the religious h*llybilly inspired songs on the album

i76mrxw.png 

This is interesting!

It’s been forever since I listened to that interview! I don’t recall her saying that but if this is the case that makes VB much more interesting to me.

From the Zane Lowe interview: "And then in the song - Venice Bitch - there is another little reference to Norman Rockwell, which didn't have to be in there. I don't even remember if I threw it in there intentionally just to pop that message in a little further. I can't even remember what I was thinking. But I think when I was writing this song it was more of a happy take on love . . . And also I love having painter references in, because sometimes when you're writing you're trying to paint these ideas into existence and I'm very visual too." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VxZ5QHT8Fg

At 8:00 Zane asks her if she's into other art forms and then she eventually talks about automatic writing!

Norman Fucking Rockwell by Lana Del Rey

1. Venice Nun

2. Mariners Apartment Church

3. Faith Is A Dangerous Thing For A Sinner Like Me To Have - But I Have It

4. How To Disappoint

5. Hey Blue Mary

6. Stupid For Being So Slutty

7. In Your Church

8. Happiness Is A Baptism

9. (Sin)namon

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Prob skirtsandsuits just to annoy LanaBoards lmao

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Norman Fucking Rockwell by Lana Del Rey

1. Venice Nun

2. Mariners Apartment Church

3. Faith Is A Dangerous Thing For A Sinner Like Me To Have - But I Have It

4. How To Disappoint

5. Hey Blue Mary

6. Stupid For Being So Slutty

7. In Your Church

8. Happiness Is A Baptism

9. (Sin)namon

tenor.gif

Lmaooooo

Wait For Life has to be one of the most emotional Lana songs. The strings, the birds, her voice. It’s so hauntingly beautiful and makes me tear up. I feel this exact emotion when I listen to In Your Car’s intro.

giphy.gif

i didn't know about wfl until one of y'all mentioned it and I've been listening to it ever since, it's such a masterpiece not gonna lie ❤️ i love it so much and it lowkey keeps me going. it's now one of my favorite songs and i still wonder how the hell it's Unreleased

it's not unreleased, it just wasn't released by Lana

negAbhB.png

Looked at from a certain angle, especially since LDR is an acknowledged Christian, MAC seems like it may be almost directly about Jesus Christ in parts.

She begins by speaking as herself or as the female protagonist, who then "whispers to Jesus, 'Take a deep breath, baby let me in.'"

Directly after that, is it LDR or Jesus (who has been "let in") who says, "You lose your way, just take my hand / You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again / Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am / I'm your man / I'm your man"? 

​In Mark 4:35-4, Jesus calms the storm, and by doing so saves the lives of the apostles. 

'I'm you're man' is a direct reference to the song of the same name by Leonard Cohen, we know, but does it also refer to Jesus Christ, as Jesus was God incarnated as Man, according to Christian theology?  

"Cause even in the dark I feel your resistance / You can see my heart burning in the distance / Baby, baby, baby, I'm your man" also seems to meld both LDR's voice and Jesus's. 

After my initial listenings to MAC, I took these 'Jesus' references as intentional on the LDR's part. 

If the voice of LDR (or the female protagonist) and the voice of Jesus Christ are conflated at points throughout the song, it makes MAC the most Christian song she's ever released.