Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

oyrb1lmpwxs21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

...Kevin Abstract's album inspired by Venice Bitch coming before the album with Venice Bitch on it

6404327-atrl+smirk+laugh+gif.gif

You can definitely hear the Venice Bitch inspiration here

starting at 2:15 especially

Since some of you are so sure VB lyrics are bad could someone tell me why? bc I think they're good overall and even tho a couple lines are a little cringy to me I can get why they're there

I pretty much feel the exact opposite way lol, I think there are a couple lines that are good, but overall the lyrics are trash. I will never forget that initial crushing disappointment I felt when I first heard it, because I expected a grungy or rockier song in the vein of Brooklyn Baby thematically. And we got 10 minutes of Lana baked to a crisp, basically mumbling random words. And no offense, but I'm not here for that bottom anthem. Seriously, that song has micro dick energy, it's fucking sad. "Its me ur lil venice bitch"? really? bitch you're 35, stop making yourself small so that these losers will feel more comfortable being around you :bye:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Things we have learned from lanaboards through the months 

1)Lana is middle aged 

2)she cant call her self little bitch because she is 35

(beyonce is shook) 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

To me, you have to take Venice Bitch as a caricature of a Lana song to appreciate it. Its very topical, just skimming the surface of what its like to be in love. The aesthetic of the song reminds me of a vintage filter on Instagram: cute, but largely inauthentic. I think once you stop trying to get the song to be something its not you can appreciate it for what it IS: a childlike snapshot and an optimistic take on what its like to be in love, which is very fresh by Lana standards. It also gives us a nice NFR reference. Anyways, stream Hillsong Bitch xx

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

oyrb1lmpwxs21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

...Kevin Abstract's album inspired by Venice Bitch coming before the album with Venice Bitch on it

6404327-atrl+smirk+laugh+gif.gif

Isn't life craaaayyyzy, now that NFR's dead and gaaawwwn, ooooooh oooooh?

I'm listening to Joy Ride by Kevin Abstract right now. The instrumentals literally sound like Venice Bitch's instrumentals reused. like, not the beats, but the strings and the synths, that's venice bitch

qfrWuBl.png

I went looking (because I saw this earlier too and I was gonna RT it) but it seems like he deleted it? #sketchy

"I never liked her music really" ... :thumb3:  ... I admire him for having the courage to say that (although that bit is probably why it's deleted).

I mean all that tweet told us was that he has no fucking taste lmao imagine not liking BTD, UV, HM but hearing VENICE BITCH and being like finally some good fucking music :eartha:

not some of you writing essays about how u won't buy the album when y'all know ur gonna run and pre order that $90 box set with the cd and 5 photos of trees and sunsets taken on an iphone as exclusive photo prints once it goes online 

speak for yourself, its getting a spotify stream from me and thats it

idk how people can ignore how emotionioal Hope is.

you may not be able to relate to it fully but her emotions are shown in that song 100%.

to each their own of course but that song breaks my heart. proud of her for being that vulnerable in a song.

its boring no one said it wasnt emotional

i've really come to realize i only stan a past version of lana, i'm not nearly as interested in the artist she is today as i used to be, and this whole nfr mess only adds to it. she just seems so vapid even compared to 2 years ago. 

Ok, ladies and gays, we need to accept the fact that NFR will surely be released by the August or September, based on other singers' releases (Madonna, Taylor...).

Plus the album doesnt feel beginning of summer at all. 

So, we need to move on, and not come here as often. Anyways, most of us are so pissed at her that even if she released the damn thing today, nobody would appreciate it. We all need a couple of weeks of silence to process, grieve and get over the fact that this era wasn't handled properly in order to be a little bit more at peace when she finally releases it. 

We need a Million Dollar Man 2.0

girl it's 2019, million dollar man has gone bankrupt, best we can hope for in this mess of an era is Homeless Man With $1,25 In His Solo Cup

Ok, ladies and gays, we need to accept the fact that NFR will surely be released by the August or September, based on other singers' releases (Madonna, Taylor...).

Plus the album doesnt feel beginning of summer at all. 

So, we need to move on, and not come here as often. Anyways, most of us are so pissed at her that even if she released the damn thing today, nobody would appreciate it. We all need a couple of weeks of silence to process, grieve and get over the fact that this era wasn't handled properly in order to be a little bit more at peace when she finally releases it. 

I’m ok with her releasing NFR in August/September, I just need her to release a proper lead single somewhere in the future and I also want her to put MAC, VB and HIAD on deluxe version so we can experience a whole new-ish album 

To me, you have to take Venice Bitch as a caricature of a Lana song to appreciate it. Its very topical, just skimming the surface of what its like to be in love. The aesthetic of the song reminds me of a vintage filter on Instagram: cute, but largely inauthentic. I think once you stop trying to get the song to be something its not you can appreciate it for what it IS: a childlike snapshot and an optimistic take on what its like to be in love, which is very fresh by Lana standards. It also gives us a nice NFR reference. Anyways, stream Hillsong Bitch xx

That was so well written & a great take. You really have a point there.... You're right. And I know I'm sounding hateful, but I really don't hate it. It's just hard for me to get over the disappointment when it's made out to be some masterpiece. If VB had leaked as an unreleased track from 2007, I would've fucking loved it.