Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I don’t hate Yosemite or RBFY or BAR but I really want all new stuff on this instead of stuff we’ve heard before. At least Bartender would be 100% new and fresh when we hear it (if it’s on the album). I’d rather her do a 2 part collection of unused songs from her first couple albums on one and the same on the 2nd volume. That way if Stupid For Being Happy or w/e it’s called and Hey Blue Baby aren’t on the album they could have a home

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I have a hard time believing she will release the same day as Taylor. I doubt she cares, but Interscope would lose $$ wouldn't they?

it's not exactly the same fan bases, but there is some overlap. Feels weird to release when you know something big is coming that day.

August 30th makes sense to be eligible for Grammy's and avoid T Swift.

I mean.. reputation still did 256k copies in its second week, so I think the only way to avoid Taylor  is to release after Grammy eligibility ends or to release the week before her. Not sure about other releases though... Lust for life did 107k copies first week and this album will surely do less (so will Taylor's but still) so yeah releasing before her would be the optimal thing to do I think. (For us too that would mean it comes sooner rather than later lol)

I mean.. reputation still did 256k copies in its second week, so I think the only way to avoid Taylor  is to release after Grammy eligibility ends or to release the week before her. Not sure about other releases though... Lust for life did 107k copies first week and this album will surely do less (so will Taylor's but still) so yeah releasing before her would be the optimal thing to do I think. (For us too that would mean it comes sooner rather than later lol)

Taylor’s album is already “pre-ordered” on Apple Music by 180k people. Lana should do the same and that way it gets instantly downloaded to a larger amount of people who’s preordered it. But then again, she’s now friends with Apple so if she wants to, she could work out a surprise release whenever she wants I guess and still say it’ll be in August

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Y'all really think NFR & 2019 Lana deserve a Grammy? I have to laugh. She deserved a Grammy for Born To Die, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. I 100% believe she should have gotten at least one. But sadly that's in the past.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Y'all really think NFR & 2019 Lana deserve a Grammy? I have to laugh. She deserved a Grammy for Born To Die, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. I 100% believe she should have gotten at least one. But sadly that's in the past.

She was nominated for Lust for life so I could see that coming  :flutter:

tbh grammys have treated her like shit but i wouldn't be surprised if THIS album was the one to get her her first grammy. the recording academy always pulls some type of bullshit (but she would still deserve either way even if we expect this to be the least chance of her getting one)

I mean how an artist is perceived by literally only hardcore fans isnt a grammy criteria. It would be the ultimate trolling move. I'd be here for it :brows:  

Still annoys me Kacey Musgraves got a grammy and I never heard of her before in my entire life, nor have I ever heard a single song of hers. 

(No shade, I'm sure she's a nice person but like...who?)

I remember back in 2012, I was really deep in the heavy metal scene and steered away from artists like Lana, but even then I remember her songs having a HUGE impact and everyone was always talking about her.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

It’s the anniversary of Farrah Fawcett’s death omg maybe the Charlie’s angels trailer will come out

Omg smh could she have died a few weeks earlier so we'd have it sooner  :smh:

All the award shows are about politics : studio push certain artists and they become the nominees.

Sometimes talent wins, but not all the time. Is she incredible? Of course. Did she deserve Grammy noms before LFL? Hell yeah. But some of her lyrics might have been too controversial for that.

We have yet to hear NFR, but it has a chance. The lyrics aren’t about a tragic girl « glamourizing abuse » like many accused her of in the past, and it is produced by a Grammy winner already. So there’s a chance there.

Let’s give the album a chance first and then we can discuss if it’s worthy a Grammy or not.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png