Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

were not getting an album trailer are we

I have mixed feelings about an album trailer for this record. I loved all the ones she put out in previous eras, but this time around, since we heard 3 full songs and parts of 6, and given the low-key approach for visuals, I'm not sure what an album trailer could bring more. A snippet of one of the «4 unknown»? Another part of another song? Bits of the three singles with the same footage? 

I was telling myself yesterday that I wasn't that interested anymore about this album, but then while I'm working today, I've got both Hope and HTD playing in my head.

And I never noticed just how stunning the Cinnamon* clip is.

*Edit: I meant HIAB, but the point still applies

I don't see why you guys want more than 13 tracks. We don't need more. The record has to be cohesive which is hard to achieve when you have a lot of songs, and with VB being nearly 10 minutes, it would be way to long if she added more songs. 13 is actually perfect. And I don't think I would've minded if it had 11 tracks, look at Melodrama and how perfect it is. But only if she hadn't teased so much. With all the snippets, I prefer 13 over 11.

More tracks doesn't mean it can't be cohesive. Look at Smashing Pumpkin's album 'Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness'. 28 songs and it's a full blown cohesive dream. :flutter:

I think people are just basing it off of how LFL turned out, and that's because one part of the album had a different sound/vibe from the other. Lana can make it work, provided she does it right.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

After Lana’s concert in Dublin Venice Bitch sounds so different to me. I feel something else while listening to this song just like Lana gave me some new emotions. Its amazing.

giphy.gif

After Lana’s concert in Dublin Venice Bitch sounds so different to me. I feel something else while listening to this song just like Lana gave me some new emotions. Its amazing.

Half of the reason why I got my Lolla ticket was to hear Blake go off in Venice Bitch, I knew he would play his guitars sound soooooo good, ugh, I can’t wait to hear it, I’ll scream just for him tbh! :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I have mixed feelings about an album trailer for this record. I loved all the ones she put out in previous eras, but this time around, since we heard 3 full songs and parts of 6, and given the low-key approach for visuals, I'm not sure what an album trailer could bring more. A snippet of one of the «4 unknown»? Another part of another song? Bits of the three singles with the same footage?

We’ve had a album trailer one that has been going on over a year

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

if in your car isnt the albums intro then i will riot

its funny bc it probably wont be called "in your car" so the tracklist is gonna confuse us when we dont see it... we will only know till the day of

The fact that the picture of her sitting next to the train tracks (?) looking into the distance would make the best cover for NFR, it fits the music so well. Sadly there are gays who have such disgusting taste that would say otherwise. Yikes. Can’t relate.

its funny bc it probably wont be called "in your car" so the tracklist is gonna confuse us when we dont see it... we will only know till the day of

ive got a feeling its gonna be similar to cruel world, where she never states the title in the song... whatever it may be

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I've sunk so deep into this fandom that i forget Lana isn't the centre of the world and that there are actually people out there who've never heard of her or her music. And i've completely lost my ability to see things the way i used to before discovering her. My poor lost soul. This is a cult i quite enjoy being a part of

call me crazy

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The fact that the picture of her sitting next to the train tracks (?) looking into the distance would make the best cover for NFR, it fits the music so well. Sadly there are gays who have such disgusting taste that would say otherwise. Yikes. Can’t relate.

if someone put a car in the background and edited her shirt to white it'd be stellar

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Tbh I hope it’s not called In Your Car bc IYC is such a basic and ugly title imo

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif