Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

You can tell he was fine tuning it. That's the final version, too much work to be joking. And im HAPPY because it sounds amazing. If it was just ANOTHER stupid piano ballad with nothing else in terms of production then fuck that.

Here's to hoping other snippets got the treatment they DESERVE. COUGH COUGH you don't ever have to COUGH COUGH.

Might actually pull the song from the sewers because right now it's hanging out with Hope in the shitpile

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

You can tell he was fine tuning it. That's the final version, too much work to be joking. And im HAPPY because it sounds amazing. If it was just ANOTHER stupid piano ballad with nothing else in terms of production then fuck that.

Here's to hoping other snippets got the treatment they DESERVE. COUGH COUGH you don't ever have to COUGH COUGH.

Might actually pull the song from the sewers because right now it's hanging out with Hope in the shitpile

Facts! I love a good piano ballad, but like Lana sis these ain’t strings they don’t sound amazing on every single song :toofunny:

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

It has the “fastest/biggest beat” on the record from what we’ve heard!

https://youtu.be/nDgVxA8Q_jQ

How To Disappear is a hip hop influenced piano ballad! It’s High By The Beach meets White Mustang

her saying "Latina queen" at 5:42 always gets me

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

she's literally wearing sketchers... sorry I want more effort

It's a DAILY LIFE album and that's why this cover would be perfect

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

:wtfney:

i--am lost for words

it's just the way i feel

@ Rick Nowels give us the trap album we deserve and desire daddy :flutter:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

It has the “fastest/biggest beat” on the record from what we’ve heard!

https://youtu.be/nDgVxA8Q_jQ

How To Disappear is a hip hop influenced piano ballad! It’s High By The Beach meets White Mustang

Ok see I love WM, but she better not make HtD Coachella 2.0.. luv Coachella too, but I was hoping for a mature Because Of You :oprah:

UV/Honeymoon

I'm thinking Cinnamon's more like a mature(?) Groupie Love, which shows growth but mygod will we ever get another song toned like Freak or Cola? Asking for a friend giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Imo Cinnamon has nothing to do with Groupie Love. Cinnamon is about trusting a man despite being hurt and scared because of previous experience. Groupie Love is basically about Lana fangirling over a musician, so yeah both are love stories but they have nothing in common

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Imo Cinnamon has nothing to do with Groupie Love. Cinnamon is about trusting a man despite being hurt and scared because of previous experience. Groupie Love is basically about Lana fangirling over a musician, so yeah both are love stories but they have nothing in common

Personally was noting vibes, and I know that's kinda frustrating to discuss for some, but I clung to that thought nd went with it. Tech speaking if anything, was trying to refer the intensity levels of the track. Groupie Love's mellow and sensual, and at least for me, that's how Cinnamon sounds like (or what we have from it)

Hope that bridges something, lemme know if or how that might make sense 

UV/Honeymoon

I feel Bartender might make it. Since she does say she came to Jack with 2 songs! Then it was confirmed they did nothing with them. From there she created the songs around the instrumental & whatever else. Hope is confirmed to be one of the 2 made in January & Bartender possibly was the other one. She mentioned it an that awards show in February I believe & we know how hard it is to master songs. If anything it’s possibly a laurel canyon RHCP vibe type song. Made after hope, before HIAB it’s gonna slay.

Also, do we have a timeline of when the songs were made?

We know it was like this

Hope

Bartender

Happiness Is A Butterfly

Venice Bitch

How To Disappear

She also said she had the concept for the album in March last year. So I think the title track was done at the same time as HIaB (and it’s very piano also, which would fit the timeline)

I think the true question is. Will, DT be on the record ? Suuuuummertiiiiime  

I wouldn't be surprised if her label decided to put it on the record in order to have one "hit" on it as an incentive for more casual (potential) buyers and, even more importantly, so that the streams of Doin' Time count towards the album. They'd probably tag it on as track 14 (assuming the "main album" consists of 13 tracks) and call it a bonus track, which is a practice that's not exactly unheard of (Lily Allen and Ariana Grande come to mind). 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I think the true question is. Will, DT be on the record ? Suuuuummertiiiiime  giphy.gif

Lettuce hope not

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif