Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This era isn't even a mess, some of yall cant even handle waiting a long time for an album to come out.

In my opinion, Lana not posting much and pushing back NFR was good, now fans are used to Lana not updating and that things can be pushed back.

can we just collectively pin a post on the front about how literally no one is mad about waiting, they’re mad about the cryptic lack of communication before another one of you fuckers comes in here with the same tired ass jab y’all come in here to say every 2 months. jesus christ.

NFR didn't get 'pushed back'. Lana promoted the album too early with the singles (VB and MAC) to sway people away from the Israel controversy. It's blatantly obvious. 

Lana didn't even perfom there at last. Your theory doesn't make sense.

Can somebody remind me what the Israel controversy was again? How did it affect Lana?

Lana was gonna perform, the overreactive gays were like "noooo stopppp", lana then said "im gonna sing where i wanna sing!", then the gays exploded and started a trending hashtag, then lana confirmed that she will ultimately not perform there and shortly after released the singles to get the gays to stop talking about the concert

can we just collectively pin a post on the front about how literally no one is mad about waiting, they’re mad about the cryptic lack of communication before another one of you fuckers comes in here with the same tired ass jab y’all come in here to say every 2 months. jesus christ.

As i said before, her not posting much is good. It creates a major demand, have you seen the views on the snippet of NFR Lana put out? 

NFR will sell good because of this and with Doin Time and the CA soundtrack, it will create more hype.

Lana doesn't owe us anything until it comes to announcing album releases etc. Which she has done. Calm. Down.

tumblr_mz57xcWKBd1tnabrro1_500.gif

gurl....... people were offended she was gonna perform in the first place so she quickly changed the subject with the singles after she cancelled because people kept talking about it

Lana was gonna perform, the overreactive gays were like "noooo stopppp", lana then said "im gonna sing where i wanna sing!", then the gays exploded and started a trending hashtag, then lana confirmed that she will ultimately not perform there and shortly after released the singles to get the gays to stop talking about the concert

Ah yes 'the gays overreacted,' a classic, not like PACBI got involved or anything. Just 'the gays' yep.

locals only

Just because she didn't end up performing there doesn't mean it didn't cause controversy. She released those singles to get articles to stop talking about it. She releases the singles, they write about the music instead. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Also, wasn’t there talk of her dueting or featuring some reclusive rock legend on NFR? My earlier guesses were Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys, on whose last solo album LDR was supposed to be featured, or Axel Rose. Those are the two most reclusive rock legends I know, and she has connections to both.

https://youtu.be/8gdPoAjKZZg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

This collab is either going to be glorious or tragic. I like Miley because she uses her platform for good but I can’t say I like her music. Puss in boots is talented & I can understand the hype but personally her voice almost irks me :oprah3:

Gals, are we excited?

I think it’s going to be interesting :et:

i'm glad it's not just me lmao

anyways, saying that i'm ~excited~ is a bit of an overstatement but i'm definitely looking forward to it. the wait has been soo long that at this point i only want the album and consider everything else she does an annoyance, but at the same time i'm also glad about it because it's still Lana and it's better than none, plus i feel that this collab has a great potential to be a really sexy and powerful song, as all three of them are sexy and powerful females imo, but in different ways. i also have hope for a high budget, aesthetically pleasing mv since we know we're not getting one from Lana this era

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

According to Elizabeth Banks, director of the movie, yes the song is coming out tomorrow too.

She implied it luv she didn’t explicitly state it

I mean like snippets of so many songs we've lost count months before an album, cancelled tour dates, and false promises are kinda messy no?

Speaking of, did we ever actually figure out which tour dates she cancelled lel

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Imagine if there’s a video and Lana shows up wearing her trademark all-black Adidas gear :flutter:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Oh shit, I didn’t realIze this was coming so soon. I hate to say I’m mostly just pleased to get it out of the way so NFR stuff comes sooner but, well, yeah....

I’m actually very interested in it, but I know I’ll listen a few times and then stop until NFR COMES.