Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i hope she scraps venice bitch and mac... im sorry but they're old news at this point. she can keep the masterpiece that is hope though, that HAS to make the cut

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i hope she scraps venice bitch and mac... im sorry but they're old news at this point. 

Agree. It's gonna sound so stale, even though they're still good songs. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

some of yall might not want last minute shit but i hope she gives us 15 tracks instead of 13 first off bc of this DAMN WAIT and second bc we already know too much 

Yes !! I wasn't the only 1 thinking this 

I was joking actually but knowing Lana this could very well be the album trailer indeed lmao

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I don't see why you guys want more than 13 tracks. We don't need more. The record has to be cohesive which is hard to achieve when you have a lot of songs, and with VB being nearly 10 minutes, it would be way to long if she added more songs. 13 is actually perfect. And I don't think I would've minded if it had 11 tracks, look at Melodrama and how perfect it is. But only if she hadn't teased so much. With all the snippets, I prefer 13 over 11.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Both Dazed and Fader are running articles about her "two months" and both say they've contacted her people for comment. 

Imagine how grumpy Ben is rn 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/45013/1/lana-del-rey-says-new-album-norman-rockwell-released-in-two-months%3famp=1

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I don't see why you guys want more than 13 tracks. We don't need more. The record has to be cohesive which is hard to achieve when you have a lot of songs, and with VB being nearly 10 minutes, it would be way to long if she added more songs. 13 is actually perfect. And I don't think I would've minded if it had 11 tracks, look at Melodrama and how perfect it is. But only if she hadn't teased so much. With all the snippets, I prefer 13 over 11.

You can put 20 songs on a record and still make it cohesive. These two are not mutually exclusive. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

mariners apartment complex

norman fucking rockwell

happiness is a butterfly

venice bitch

yosemite

how to disappear

the tracklist gotta start like this and end like that

it bugs me that MAC is the perfect opener but she's had a consistent theme of her title tracks being 1-2-1-2 and if it's 2 again it'll be annoying. but HiaB going from piano to a noisey production and ending on stripped back guitar for VB to start on stripped back guitar and go into psychedelic and ending on the loopy guitar back into a folky acoustic ballad with yosemite then simmering down with the RIGHT PRODUCTION of HtD, which is a stripped back piano

plus the themes, gorgus themes

happiness being hard to obtain, it's beautiful but sly

finding that happiness in a mature relationship, noting how you've grown and have that "norman rockwell" stylesque love

a song on how relationships change over time and how she's finding inner peace and reason for her past loves

a song detailing where she's been, reconnecting physically with a past love and glossing over her past; and stating how she'll always have her legacy with her partners and be there for her art even though they go in and out of her life

it's the fucking perfect thing nobody is telling me different