Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

We finally got the answer to what the vinyl color is. Blue and black. Tbh I really like this blue for this album. It fits with the whole comic book thing the cover got going on.

White and gold teas

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

look at the track list on the jb page:

1. Norman fucking Rockwell

2. Mariners Apartment Complex

3. Venice Bitch

4. Fuck it I love you

5. Doin' Time

6. Love song

7. Cinnamon Girl

8. How to disappear

9. California

10. The Next Best American Record

11. The greatest

12. Bartender

13. Happiness is a butterfly

14. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it

the casing of the titles is deliberately inconsistent which Tickles me pink also the description says:

“Soul-pop superstar Lana Del Rey returns with a new album ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell!’. ‘NFR!’ features her latest singles ‘Fuck It I Love You’ & ‘Doin Time’ and follows her ARIA #1 album ‘Lust For Life’.”

album title has the exclamation point confirmed and fuck it i love you last single before the album sans the greatest which will just be featured in the mv

look at the track list on the jb page:

1. Norman fucking Rockwell

2. Mariners Apartment Complex

3. Venice Bitch

4. Fuck it I love you

5. Doin' Time

6. Love song

7. Cinnamon Girl

8. How to disappear

9. California

10. The Next Best American Record

11. The greatest

12. Bartender

13. Happiness is a butterfly

14. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it

the casing of the titles is deliberately inconsistent which Tickles me pink 

I really hope this was just copied from the back of the album. If the tracklist is gonna look like this on streaming services imma be real annoyed. Idc if it has some deeper meaning, it's so messy, in a bad way.

qfrWuBl.png

The transition between Doin' Time and Love Song is gonna be awful, but again, I'm sure it's her label who forced her to include it in the album so she can have the classic summer song (Summertime Sadness, West Coast, HBTB, Summer Bummer, Doin' Time). It was a poor decision though, 13 tracks as Lana first announced was enough

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Also guys it says “Jb exclusive colour” so maybe it’ll be different elsewhere

I work at JB Hi-Fi and basically from my experience "JB Exclusive" means "Australian Retail Exclusive" i.e. the only place in Australia that will stock the specific colour of vinyl. A lot of the time we will get in stock that was another retailer's exclusive but because that specific store isn't in Australia we can call it JB Exclusive. For example, Urban Outfitters had an orange pressing of Broods' latest album that they called a UO exclusive, but when we got the orange pressing in we could call it a JB Exclusive.

My best bet is that the blue will either be a webstore exclusive or UO exclusive as was the case with LFL. Hopefully she does some signed webstore exclusive physical copies like she did last time though

FzytWEW.png

The transition between Doin' Time and Love Song is gonna be awful, but again, I'm sure it's her label who forced her to include it in the album so she can have the classic summer song (Summertime Sadness, West Coast, HBTB, Summer Bummer, Doin' Time). It was a poor decision though, 13 tracks as Lana first announced was enough

we have no idea what love song sounds like so it might be ok!

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

we have no idea what love song sounds like so it might be ok!

I'm most likely sure that the snippet she shared is the beginning of the song, the intro with a verse, but I hope you're right and it turns out to sound good. I'd be happy if Jack reworked DT so it can fit better

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I work at JB Hi-Fi and basically from my experience "JB Exclusive" means "Australian Retail Exclusive" i.e. the only place in Australia that will stock the specific colour of vinyl. A lot of the time we will get in stock that was another retailer's exclusive but because that specific store isn't in Australia we can call it JB Exclusive. For example, Urban Outfitters had an orange pressing of Broods' latest album that they called a UO exclusive, but when we got the orange pressing in we could call it a JB Exclusive.

My best bet is that the blue will either be a webstore exclusive or UO exclusive as was the case with LFL. Hopefully she does some signed webstore exclusive physical copies like she did last time though

Yep, that scares me a bit. I wonder if we'll only get the blue. I'm dying for a neon version!

Genre :pop and rock :creep:

Also, all of her music has been put into that category at JB haha we don't change the genre based on the album, the same artist will always be put in the same genre so it's easier to find... not sure who decided to put BTD in Pop but yes

Yep, that scares me a bit. I wonder if we'll only get the blue. I'm dying for a neon version!

So am I! Hopefully this time around they do a UO exclusive that's actually a different colour like they did for Ultraviolence, that pressing is so pretty

FzytWEW.png

I have a feeling that cinnamon girl will be very short

the whole song is what she teased on ig

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Mom is really insisting that I must come and visit grandma and I’m like, not TODAY, mom, NOT. TODAY. :defeated: I tried to convince her that I can come next time because I had some other plans (not involving Lana) but she won’t listen! :poordat: I’ll just bring my credit card with me and hope I can order stuff on my phone instead.

I feel like a bad grandchild now. :ohno:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png