Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The HTD snippet is actually growing on me. Imagine the transition between HTD «I'm always gonna be right here» and the message from California (she ain't there for a friend in need). :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Where are these snippets?

https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/norman-fucking-rockwell-lana-del-rey/ez7vd1zsfwqxc 

The HTD snippet is actually growing on me. Imagine the transition between HTD «I'm always gonna be right here» and the message from California (she ain't there for a friend in need). :defeated:  :defeated: 

How is California about NOT being there for a friend?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

How is California about NOT being there for a friend?

«But I never said a thing

I shouldn't have done it but I read it in your letter

You said to a friend that you wish you were doing better

I wanted to call you but I didn't say a thing»

Maybe it's more I didn't do enough for you more than not being there for a friend?!? Anyways, I like the «opposition» between the two songs. 

I'm so glad that I changed my username to the best song on Norman Fucking Rockwell. My power.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

why "thank god"??

becuase i hate that people are defending themselves by saying its an official site, even if the fucking site is official it was clearly a mistake putting up the previews, legit previews should've been available everywhere the moment lana announced the tracklist, so i'm pretty sure she didn't want anything to be teased with previews ANYWHERE, like god can y'all just wait a month for an album? thank god thank GOD because last time this happened the album leaked the next week.

EDIT:

someone posted the snipets above me and i just want to say that i'm so dissapointed like guys, this site was official but these snippets were NOT supposed to go out to the public, why do y'all have to ruin the surprise for yourselves lmao, its just a fucking month

i will love you until the end of time.

Here's the snippets for anyone who missed it:

https://dbree.org/v/5135d4

You're the best  :defeated:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

becuase i hate that people are defending themselves by saying its an official site, even if the fucking site is official it was clearly a mistake putting up the previews, legit previews should've been available everywhere the moment lana announced the tracklist, so i'm pretty sure she didn't want anything to be teased with previews ANYWHERE, like god can y'all just wait a month for an album? thank god thank GOD because last time this happened the album leaked the next week.

you sound no fun.

giphy.gif

Maybe it's more I didn't do enough for you more than not being there for a friend?!? Anyways, I like the «opposition» between the two songs. 

I interpreted it to be about an ex-lover who's depressed (i.e. the same one from almost all her post-UV songs) or whatever. She still cares obviously but she doesn't reach out to him.

I don’t want it to leak. We’ve waited all this time and finally we have the end in sight I’d kinda hate if it came too early (premature ejaculation insinuation entirely intentional).

I’d love if someone who has actually heard the whole thing gave opinions on it, though.

Love Song quite possibly has my favorite chorus of Lana's. Ever. It's so fucking dreamy.

Hm ... especially in combination with the previous snippet we had ("you don't ever have to be stronger than you really are when you're lying in my arms")  I kind of got it as a song about a friend/lover who does not think he/she can actually count on Lana and is not telling her about his/her troubles. So Lana reassures them that they in fact CAN count on her.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!