Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

MY SNIPPETS REVIEW

Cinnamon is the Cherry of this era in terms of excellent production.

MAC is the Heroin of this era in terms of lyrical excellence.

Love Song is amazing. Fuck it I love You is good too.

Unpopular but I like the production on How to Disappear.

Norman Fucking Rockwell & Hope is a Dangerous Thing are the worst production on the album; bland & uninspired.

The California snippet has lyrics & melody exactly like a Taylor Swift song! Not rea

The Greatest, Venice Bitch, Doin' Time & Bartender are ok at best! Nothing special.

She butchered Best American Record's lyrics. Someone send me the original demo in the best quality so I replace it. Funny how she replaced "fame" part with with "good" & you can still hear "fame" in the background reverbed part.

Keeping all these things in mind I was more excited about the LFL snippets when they got out due to the variety in production (although 5-6 songs were pretty terrible & redundant, the rest was really exciting).

I'll give the snippets 6.5/10 stars!

Thinking VB is “ok at best, nothing special”...... wow.... the lack of taste jumped out

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

With the exception of htd & bar, it’s a cute album. It’s not entirely my style but it’s grown on me & I know it’ll be very special once we actually have the album.

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

listened to the snippets and felt kinda emotional you know. cinnamon doesn't sound as drop bass heavy which i'm a little sad about and some of the lyrics seem a bit old news, but hearing the full thing could be very different so i'm not gonna be unfair. i'm very struck and pleasantly surprised by how much her sound has matured and i'm getting very seminal vibes

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I like the production on HTD, surprisingly.

TNBAR sounds like it got the same treatment lyric-wise as BPBP, and I hate the “I just wanna party with you” line but I’m hoping it’ll get better in full. At least we’ll have it in HQ soon.

Does anyone else think the production sounds louder than her vocals on Cinnamon Girl though???

Absolutely love the vibe of the Greatest! Already know I'm gonna play that one to death. 

California sounds interesting- I hope there is a saxophone/trumpet break in there. (because it sounds like it's leading to that). My wig would be scalped if so.  :worship: (I also love when she counts in her song? lol)

I wasn't impressed with HIAB at first from the Insta snippets, but now we got it in better quality and I am seeing the light girlies! 

I'm so excited for the title track NFR. I love the sound of the piano and the uplifting melody. 

atm i'm disappointed with TNBAR. The new lyrics sound so strange on top of the OG instrumental. I think I'll have to wait and hear the full version to fully judge. 
And How to Disappear. I absolutely adore that track. It's up there in my top 10, but I can't stan this studio version.. I'm so happy we got the Apple Event version tho.  :flutter:

source.gif source.gif