Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Because Kanye is not anywhere near the level of Lou Reed, Elvis or John Lennon...

What’s not clicking? Just because Kanye calls himself a mastermind genius in every interview doesn’t make it true lmfao

Yeah, Kanye never married a teenager, or beat his wife like John Lennon did, nor did he make fun of the hearing impaired Nico like Lou Reed did. 

Lana should definitely romanticize those people but go after Kanye for political views, but then namedrop Mike Love's creation in the first verse of The Greatest anyways. :rip:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I never said Brian had anything to do with that song. The song is about a paradise in your mind so it’s the perfect metaphor for heaven when talking about Dennis’s death. It could also be referencing that that’s the Beach Boys most hated and ridiculed song and that Dennis’ death earlier that decade represented the real end of the Beach Boys. You’re just purposely not understanding so you have something to complain about.

So she uses a most hated and ridiculed song to symbolize heaven? Make your theory make sense. She either doesn't know about Mike Love's Trump support, or she wilfully ignores it like she ignores all her other idols fuckery while focusing her anger on Kanye. 

Annie is annoying af with her irrelevant questions, she always ask artists "Why aren't you political??!!1!" 

Like Lana went political on one album and it was also arguably her worst, I don't understand the fascination with artists going down that road.

honestly Kanye is incredible if you truly analyze his work, he is comparable to them in terms of "genius"

and also the Kanye lyric in TG sounds so stupid and try-hard. she drags that outro several lines too long. i get so eager to play LDR songs for my friends and family but then I can't because her lyrics are so unnecessary sometimes. i played the greatest for my dad and turned it off as soon as she said the last "miss doing nothing the most of all". the outro is the worst. kay its mY OPINION so don't kick me

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Thank god cause it's 2019

All of those things still happen today, and Lana is at the forefront of romanticizing them and turning a blind eye to them, but the moment someone supports a political party she opposes, she's ready to go to war.  :deadbanana:

All of those things still happen today, and Lana is at the forefront of romanticizing them and turning a blind eye to them, but the moment someone supports a political party she opposes, she's ready to go to war. :deadbanana:

Ok but I wouldn't congratulate a straight men for not beating his wife. Like "omg he's so wholesome! he doesn't even beat his wife". lol

People who willfully misunderstand Lana’s lyrics don’t deserve to understand them. It’s like our special treat.

People who wilfully ignore their idols fuckery, what with the domestic violence, rape, molestation, etc but then come out guns blazing all over political differences are pandering which is just an indication of autopilot mode and hive mentality. Prioritize one, prioritize all. Otherwise don't bother with the social commentary. 

Because Kanye is not anywhere near the level of Lou Reed, Elvis or John Lennon...

What’s not clicking? Just because Kanye calls himself a mastermind genius in every interview doesn’t make it true lmfao

You can dislike Kanye for his political views but you cannot deny his acclaim and influence on the hip hop and rap culture and genre.

People who wilfully ignore their idols fuckery, what with the domestic violence, rape, molestation, etc but then come out guns blazing all over political differences are pandering which is just an indication of autopilot mode and hive mentality. Prioritize one, prioritize all. Otherwise don't bother with the social commentary. 

You are actually really annoying