Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Ok but I wouldn't congratulate a straight men for not beating his wife. Like "omg he's so wholesome! he doesn't even beat his wife". lol

I wouldn't romanticize them but then selectively go after the lesser of two evils, either. 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I always seem to come to this thread when there's some wild discourse going on.

I didn't like the dig at Kanye West, I'm not gonna lie. I wish she would stay out of the Hollywood drama to try to look woke. But it doesn't really taint the song for me.

Nobody outside the US really knows Kanye's work though lmfao 

i would have no idea who he is if i didn't see people making fun of him on twitter

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

the Ultimate Review -- PARADIXO's first impressions

I, like everyone else, was extremely excited for this album to finally come out and I dare to say I myself was more excited than most people, because I've seen so much hate towards the California, Happiness (before they were released) and especially Hope is a Dangerous Thing... I've loved all those tracks since first listen.

However I am extremely disappointed. Confused is the word, actually. I have never felt this way with a Lana album. I obviously have to listen to it much more times to have a concrete opinion, so this is my first impression from my first three listens.

Norman - good song, nice vocals, nothing I'd die for. I wasn't excited for this song

Mariners - always loved it, the lyrics are extremely powerful

Venice - is there anything to say? perhaps her best

Fuck It I Love You - I swear if this ends up being the album version I'll hate it forever. The beat is the cheapest Lana has ever come up with, and that's a lot...

Doin' Time - never really cared for it. It's a great song but I'd rather not to have it on Norman. And now that I heard the whole thing, I feel it's out of place

Love Song - oh my... I was absoluely amazed by the beauty of this one. Her voice!!! It's so gorgeous and romantic... too bad it reminds me my ex

Cinnamon Girl - amazing song; very cathartic, like Venice bitch's little sister. The melody flows beautifully with the beat and the instrumentation is powerful and dramatic. When the sawer bass kicks in the final chorus wooo... HOWEVER the end of the outro was extremely anti climatic... it was MEANT to grow creazier... why did it suddenly stripped down to a horribly cheap drum? It ruined the song

How to Disappear- I cannot describe the ugliness of this song. The boring vocals, the terrible mixing, the cheap CLEARLY LANA-APPROVED (because we have PROOF) production... wow. I can't remember the last Lana song I thought had such BAD production

California - my most anticipated song... obviously gorgeous, there was no way she could ruin this one. sadly the outro kinda ruins it... couldnt they put a little more effort and make a strings/guitar/piano outro? :/ again, anti climatiqué

The Next Best American Record - I just can't. and I won't. I will forever hate this version. Definitely some of her worst lyrics ever; the DRAMA of this song doesn't match the new lyrics at all... and the Eagles line :rip: goddamn...

The Greatest - amazing song, one of her best, gorgeous, anthemic etc etc

Bartender - Okay this one is good, her voice is amazing, the lyrics are interesting... not CRAZY for it, not a huge fan of the chords, but still one of the best on the album

Happiness Is a Butterfly - my other most anticipated song. i've been DYING for it. and it did not disappoint... I live for it and its messiness. Truly my favorite

Hope - incredible track since the very beginning

photo-21141.png?_r=1565351105

After first full listen

Norman Fucking Rockwell 11/10

Mariners Apartment Complex 10/10

Venice Bitch 11/10

Fuck It, I Love You 10/10

Doin' Time 7/10

Love Song 9/10

Cinnamon Girl 10/10

How to Disappear 11/10

California 10/10

The Next Best American Record 8/10

The Greatest 11/10

Bartender 10/10

Happiness Is a Butterfly 7/10

Hope is a Dangerous Thing  for a Woman Like Me To Have -- but I Have It 10/10

tenor.gif

The other two are dead and not expressing their current opinions.

Which does not erase their extensive abusive history & the way Lana romanticizes and wilfully ignores their disgusting actions but then goes after Kanye for political differences, sorry!

It's like saying "Harvey Weinstein will be dead in 8.5 years so he's cut him some slack" :rip:

Thank God Julian Lennon tells it how it is about his father. 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot: