Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

and yet she didn't scrap Love nor Lust for Life (the song), which were the two first singles from LFL, didn't she?

Are you trying to compare an era that the album was released 4 months after the first single with an era that the album possibly will be released almost 8 months after the first single? :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

She's not gonna scrap two well received critically acclaimed tracks from NFR.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Gays: She's finishing the record, she scrapped everything to add Roachella 2.0, she's on hibernation, she's dead

Lana: *Meanwhile*

47330894_385197588690949_526186292191206

makin my way downtown

walkin fast

faces pass

and I'm home bound

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Tbh those who keep complaining deserve a LFL 2.0.

If she scraps MAC and VB (not gonna happen) but if she does then it's what y'all deserve.

And if she gets Rick in to make collabs with MGK then you did this to yourselves.

Stop being so extra and creating hyperbole! IT'S UNNECESSARY!

Those of us who appreciate Lana, I look forward to talking about the next single and enjoying the album with you all in March.

Are you trying to compare an era that the album was released 4 months after the first single with an era that the album possibly will be released almost 8 months after the first single? :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

apparently, this is how she does things, unfortunately: the pre-release period drags on and on. Although I don't think NFR will change from what we heard so far (since she has a new producer, nothing leaked, etc.) 

I feel like this era is more chill than LFL because LFL had the whole Love leak happen then everything felt rushed?  Like I know it's really slow right now and Lana shouldn't have released those two singles so early on but I feel like in January everything will pick up with interviews, shoots, another song etc. And at least we have a solid release date unlike with LFL where we all spammed Ben's insta comments asking for the release date.

Tbh those who keep complaining deserve a LFL 2.0.

If she scraps MAC and VB (not gonna happen) but if she does then it's what y'all deserve.

And if she gets Rick in to make collabs with MGK then you did this to yourselves.

Stop being so extra and creating hyperbole! IT'S UNNECESSARY!

Those of us who appreciate Lana, I look forward to talking about the next single and enjoying the album with you all in March.

I am with you all the way!

the LFL situation got out of proportions in so many minds. No, she didn't scrap everything. Yes, some songs got excluded (like on all of her albums), but none of the songs she previewed with a snippet (except RBFY, but we already knew it wouldn't make the cut since she said it herself). No, she can't do as she pleases with a new producer on board (if she does, she will be become high risk for her record company, and we know how professional and dedicated she is to her work). No, I don't think the album can be postponed to summer since Jack Antonoff is a busy guy and seems to be already working on something else. 

And yes, I can't wait for a new song from NFR!!!!

And at least we have a solid release date unlike with LFL where we all spammed Ben's insta comments asking for the release date.

I can't. I don't understand how people don't understand.

LFL was originally intended for May 26th, as stated in the majority of interviews Lana did. Her manager then said that Lana was postponing the record in favour of adding a few new songs and last minute collaborations. July 21st was the next date announced and used in media and Lana then confirmed this on Twitter.

What ever happened between May 26th and July 21st for some of y'all, I don't know - but it was always very clear, especially in May that the album was delayed.

I can't. I don't understand how people don't understand.

LFL was originally intended for May 26th, as stated in the majority of interviews Lana did. Her manager then said that Lana was postponing the record in favour of adding a few new songs and last minute collaborations. July 21st was the next date announced and used in media and Lana then confirmed this on Twitter.

What ever happened between May 26th and July 21st for some of y'all, I don't know - but it was always very clear, especially in May that the album was delayed.

Exactly. It was during this point where the gays were running wild because nothing was set in stone and we were all left wondering what the real release date was until Lana herself confirmed it.

I hope you're all right with the March date being the real one and not another May situation.

MTV is a solid source of info. Things still could change, but I doubt it. Just her Christmas image, that everybody hated, indicates the contrary: it's a NR one, and there is excitement for something new in this picture... I read that as: it's coming in a couple of weeks. I'm sure we'll get news in January. 

That was the problem with LFL: we got so many infos from diverse sources when she was still making the record. Her creative process is a messy one, one where she joggles a lot with ideas and goes back and forth. The less we know about it while making a record, the happier we'll be. The only set-in-stone infos are the ones she releases herself via snippets and social media updates. The rest is to be taken with a grain of salt. 

And i bet there aren't magazine interviews out yet because she doesn't want to make the same mistake she did with LFL: she did the interviews with a probable May-release date and she thought she was done. Then we know how it all went down... 

But May 26th wasn't a rumour. It was confirmed to many publications (that interviewed Lana about the album) by her team. It was Lana's personal choice to delay the album.

may 26th was over before we knew much about the album. u know things change and release dates aren’t fixed 6 months in advanve, if everything is hinting towards something else there’s no reason to cling on

to something that’s obviously not going to happen just because it got mentioned somewhere down the line and you‘d love if it were true. (a james franco x lana book kinda tea here as well)

thx for the good sis kitsch already going into how this was some fan created drama solely created out of the delulu base on here some posts above (oops previous page but i mean nvmd)

the ways y‘all played urself was on the level of the iconic lil monsters joanne meltdowns.

i76mrxw.png 

Love: 18 February 2017, Lust For Life: 21 July 2017 – five months

Mariners Apartment Complex: 12 September 2018, Norman Fucking Rockwell: 29 March 2019 as of now – six months and a half

I know it's a rather long pre-release period regardless, but let's not make up numbers.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I feel like this era is more chill than LFL because LFL had the whole Love leak happen then everything felt rushed?  Like I know it's really slow right now and Lana shouldn't have released those two singles so early on but I feel like in January everything will pick up with interviews, shoots, another song etc. And at least we have a solid release date unlike with LFL where we all spammed Ben's insta comments asking for the release date.

I feel like this is the 78th time I read this on this thread

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Ooh do u think she'll release an album trailer for the album?? 

I don't see a reason why she wouldn't tbh 

I think she will even if it's recycled footage of MAC and VB

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...