Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

lana NEEDS to make a statement before this gets to the media because.... its already messy

No she doesn’t

LET THE GIRL LIVE

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I don’t think we’ll get any more psychedelic songs on the album apart from VB, but I do hope we’ll get some more guitars... it feels like they wrote the tracks with a piano and added more things when they worked more on them? So many of them (all of them?) include a piano, and that isn’t necessarily bad... I just thought there’d be more guitars because she mentioned Red Hot Chili Peppers... but then again, maybe she’s not the best person to describe the sound of her songs?

Noo don't say that :( ...eh it's probably true, which is sad. I'm hopeful too for some more guitars, the heck 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

This is going to sound insensitive, but the extreme outrages and sensitivities against miniscule "wrongdoings" is what sparked the extreme alt right movement in America and around the world (which always existed). We have to be smarter than this and put things into perspective by choosing the RIGHT battles. The more people cry and complain about things that are incosequential like this, we are just playing into the hands of the alt-right, giving them a weapon to use against us.

you're 100% correct but people will never stop to listen to this which is a shame

can I be honest about the cover?

Yeah, it's not stunning, but it does fit the music. Lana is doing a more raw aesthetics, she is striving for another group of fans. Lana doesn't want to be a popstar anymore, she's going back to her alternative/indie roots. It's a personal song, and a selfie is way more personal than a glamorous photoshoot. She made a personal cover for a personal song. That's good.

If we look at the cover without listening to the song, it's bad. But, if we're looking at the cover while we're thinking about the song, it makes a lot of sense

That's what I've been saying about the MAC and VB covers, but people keep on hating them 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

No she doesn’t

LET THE GIRL LIVE

she needs tbh. I mean, we know that she's not being racist, but you know how people take things out of context

soon people will be saying that even Fine China is racist bc she's fetichizing all the asian women

Every listen of Hope is a Dangerous Thing gets better

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Venice Bitch > HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI > MAC

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Hope > MAC > VB 

tenor.gif?itemid=5326393

This is spoiled milk, nothing close to tea

Yeah, I don't think this is her saddest thing either, but it is definetly really personal and real

Agreed. I usually don’t have a problem listening to Lana’s “sadder” songs no matter the time or day but this is the first time I actually feel a song of hers is almost unlistenable in everyday situations. Kind of killed my mood this morning oop. It’s very heavy and direct, there’s really no way to misinterpret the message.

Don’t think I’ll be playing this one much outside of late nights at home.