Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

"The Other Woman" from Ultraviolence Lana Del Rey (2014)

I wanted to write something about In Your Car here but I'm speechless tbh.

That's the one I'm waiting for the most & it's gonna age beautifully. Mark my words

I know! I made the mistake of listening to all the snippets of NFR: none of them are bad! Cinnamon and In Your Car are the ones I cannot wait to hear. The only snippet I wasn’t feeling that much was Hope, but the whole song is just stunning. This album is going to be incredible.

http://atwoodmagazine.com/ldrhd-lana-del-rey-hope-is-a-dangerous-thing-song-review/

Praise (again) for Hope. The introduction is very nice and sums up the ever-changing « Lana character ».

And for all the LFL haters, the author reminds us why LFL was a good record in Lana’s evolution, how the record was perceived outside the fan circle, before reviewing Hope itself.

February is usually an empty month for music so I'm not expecting many things to come yet

Would it be a good month then to release the lead single since it is a quieter month? I just want the album so damn much, it can’t believe it might actually be released between May and July, though I know it’s a possibility.

http://atwoodmagazine.com/ldrhd-lana-del-rey-hope-is-a-dangerous-thing-song-review/

Praise (again) for Hope. The introduction is very nice and sums up the ever-changing « Lana character ».

And for all the LFL haters, the author reminds us why LFL was a good record in Lana’s evolution, how the record was perceived outside the fan circle, before reviewing Hope itself.

Would it be a good month then to release the lead single since it is a quieter month? I just want the album so damn much, it can’t believe it might actually be released between May and July, though I know it’s a possibility.

It would be a good month for her since she'd probably one of the very few people releasing something. To be honest I never really got why they release in January and March but not in February. Maybe it's a bad month for charts.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

oh my god lana give us the fucking tracklist already

Could it be possible that all the snippets she teased might be her way of giving us the tracklist bit by bit, beating the retail sites who always end up leaking it and snippets a couple of days before she did it officially? UV’s tracklist got leaked by Amazon, LFL’s by another retail site, and a sampler of all the songs also... and these are the examples I can think of.

I feel like she’s being so quiet beacuse she’s busy working on something big, such as the alleged video series. I also feel like this may be why she’s been so lazy with visuals thus far

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Could it be possible that all the snippets she teased might be her way of giving us the tracklist bit by bit, beating the retail sites who always end up leaking it and snippets a couple of days before she did it officially? UV’s tracklist got leaked by Amazon, LFL’s by another retail site, and a sampler of all the songs also... and these are the examples I can think of.

its way less exciting this way though, plus i wanna see the order of the songs

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It would be a good month for her since she'd probably one of the very few people releasing something. To be honest I never really got why they release in January and March but not in February. Maybe it's a bad month for charts.

January releases are always quieter releases and never do well apparently. Don’t know why February is such a bad month. But I don’t get nor like why we have an orgy of new music starting in March until June, then it gets quiet again, before the second orgy of September through November releases. No wonder nobody can have a number one for more than two weeks in a row: we are flooded with new music all the time.

its way less exciting this way though, plus i wanna see the order of the songs

I like the « snippet game » she is playing with us. Keeps us on the edge and thirsty. But I don’t like that she teased so early on after MAC and VB’s release. Who would have thought that LFL’s pre-release period isn’t her actual worst?

I get what you mean though: I can’t wait to see all the songs in all the right order.

January releases are always quieter releases and never do well apparently. Don’t know why February is such a bad month. But I don’t get nor like why we have an orgy of new music starting in March until June, then it gets quiet again, before the second orgy of September through November releases. No wonder nobody can have a number one for more than two weeks in a row: we are flooded with new music all the time.

Wasn't BTD released in January 2012? (I might be wrong though, can't exactly remember the date.)

Wasn't BTD released in January 2012? (I might be wrong though, can't exactly remember the date.)

I was released in late January, yes. The 27th if I remeber correctly

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You