Elle

“Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass” hardcover Poetry Book Pre-Release Thread

Ok but has she seriously cut her hair off again 5 weeks before the grammys I-

InsistentFirstAtlasmoth-size_restricted.

I honestly hate her I was watching the videos from the Vancouver show and I was like "oh wow can't believe I'll be seing her live with her hair at its full glory" just for her to do this atrocity I'm fumming.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i’ve never heard a spoken word album before, will there be any instruments?? in my mind i’m picturing a whole album of Burnt Nortons, or is she literally just going to be speaking and that’s it

It will be reading with nothing but the sounds of her turning pages and hitting her vape in the background and we will deal

So... She's planning -not that it will make her do it- to release a spoken word album, a poetry book and a new album in 2019?

she said Jan 4th so I feel there’s more truth behind those words than before

So... She's planning -not that it will make her do it- to release a spoken word album, a poetry book and a new album in 2019?

sgopYhV.gif

Ye, I meant that the three releases were unlikely to happen in 2019 together, even if she has said so. But, undoubtly, she has given new info about three new projects when nobody was expecting it, and that's exciting for sure!

The bit about her family lineage/native Americans "informing her next album" ...

I'm scared

I love Lana but sometimes I feel like she thinks she's the spokesperson of white people regarding other cultures, ethnicities and the sort. Her saying she feels the need to do some "reparations" regarding native americans... like I'm sure she means no harm but something like that can be taken out of context and twisted pretty easily to become something people can hold against her. I don't know how well received a white girl doing native american inspired music will be but oh well let's wait and see...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I couldn’t be more excited! My fave Joan Baez album is Baptism and I’ve always hoped Lana would do an album like that, especially after she recited Burnt Norton on Honeymoon already. I really really wanted Lana to do this. Her voice is so soothing, idec if she just reads her grocery list.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I love Lana but sometimes I feel like she thinks she's the spokesperson of white people regarding other cultures, ethnicities and the sort. Her saying she feels the need to do some "reparations" regarding native americans... like I'm sure she means no harm but something like that can be taken out of context and twisted pretty easily to become something people can hold against her. I don't know how well received a white girl doing native american inspired music will be but oh well let's wait and see...

Yes, her choice of words was uh ... interesting. I have ... many thoughts ... but I'm not going to share them all because I don't feel like fighting anyone about this.

I'll just say that I know her heart is in the right place, but "preserving their rights" made me howl ... she makes it sound like native people's rights are anywhere near adequate and should simply be preserved rather than improved.

ETA because I can't help myself:

Let me get this straight: she's making this album as cheap as possible ($1) because "thoughts are priceless" and "should be shared" and whatever ... and this is the album she elects to be charitable with? I can't with her. I'm not suggesting that she's being in any way malicious or thrifty, I just think she genuinely doesn't think. Like ... make it $5, at least ... people will pay, if half the proceeds go to a good cause.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Yes, her choice of words was uh ... interesting. I have ... many thoughts ... but I'm not going to share them all because I don't feel like fighting anyone about this.

I'll just say that I know her heart is in the right place, but "preserving their rights" made me howl ... she makes it sound like native people's rights are anywhere near adequate and should simply be preserved rather than improved.

ETA because I can't help myself:

Let me get this straight: she's making this album as cheap as possible ($1) because "thoughts are priceless" and "should be shared" and whatever ... and this is the album she elects to be charitable with? I can't with her. I'm not suggesting that she's being in any way malicious or thrifty, I just think she genuinely doesn't think. Like ... make it $5, at least ... people will pay, if half the proceeds go to a good cause.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Bahaha I can never actually read your tone, but I doubt the spoken album will be $1.

The $1 price tag was Lana being audacious/facetious for her book when it was a passion project and was not going to be widely available, all done for herself satisfaction. Who knows of we'll end up with a $1 book.

More likely that, since this will be widely accessible to everyone, it will be a standard price plus to actually benefit the cause she has now named.

I have no thoughts on her claiming to want to reconnect to the earth and whatever she is going to throw onto the next album.

3lfQEhw.png

If she really manages to do it for one dollar it's going to garner a lot more publicity (it already made headlines when she said it the first time) and people love value so it'll probably actually end up making more profit - Amazon selling 440,000 copies of Born this Way in two days at a price of 99 cents teas 

If she really manages to do it for one dollar it's going to garner a lot more publicity (it already made headlines when she said it the first time) and people love value so it'll probably actually end up making more profit - Amazon selling 440,000 copies of Born this Way in two days at a price of 99 cents teas 

Okay fair but I hope she'll have like an extra donation option ... (like, you pay $1 for it but you can opt to donate say, another $10) because a lot of her stans would pay wayyyy more.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Okay fair but I hope she'll have like an extra donation option ... (like, you pay $1 for it but you can opt to donate say, another $10) because a lot of her stans would pay wayyyy more.

Radiohead teas 

Idk how she's selling it but if she uses iTunes I don't think that's possible? Hmm

I wonder if she’s gonna release it physically. A simple cardboard sleeve and disc shouldn’t be too expensive I imagine. Kinda like what Melanie Martinez did for her Dollhouse EP. She could do it as a limited run kinda thing..,

I would buy it in a heartbeat tbh

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371