Elle

“Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass” hardcover Poetry Book Pre-Release Thread

It's just so funny because she ghosted us about her album for 7 months whilst obsessing over her poetry book, and now she's doing the opposite. Fickle af. 

The irony in that. 

I don’t think we’ve seen the last of the poetry book. She clearly finished the book and has even promoted it in Vogue Italia, so I don’t think it’s abandoned. It’s probably just taking way longer to publish than she expected. If it comes out this year, it’ll probably come out closer to Christmastime.

Or maybe she’s just waiting to release it as part of her merch (maybe also some copies of her paintings because those would be great merch items for this album).

But this seems like one of the more important side projects to her, so I don’t think she’s tossing this out.

a friendly reminder:

she promoted Yosemite almost in every single magazine at that time  :creep:

:smile3:

a friendly reminder:

she promoted Yosemite almost in every single magazine at that time :creep:

Mentioning Yosemite in every interview is different than doing a whole magazine issue about her poetry book. She didn’t do a fucking magazine issue revolving around Yosemite lmao. You guys also used Yosemite as a reason why the whole album was scrapped and look how that turned out. The book is coming eventually whether you like it or not...

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

did we forget about her book

that gurl is a big liar

The book is might have been

The book is never was

The book's forgotten

Heyyyyyyy

Kwg812S.gif

Yes I realise this gif is from Malibu and not Celebrity Skin and I do not give fucks

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

So what is even happening with this

I mean she's done like 25 interviews the past few days, and she's mentioned a tonne of random non NFR shit ... but absolutely nothing about this. Like she even said she's going to do a video of herself ice skating to Young and Beautiful ( :oic2:), but not a single fuck word about the poetry book.

It's either gone and forgotten, or she's adapting some of the poetry as lyrics for WHF.

Did anyone else notice that, with the last poem she read out, the paper was all tattered? She probably threw the entire book in the bin, got bored, plucked a page out and decided to make that video.

I mean she's done like 25 interviews the past few days, and she's mentioned a tonne of random non NFR shit ... but absolutely nothing about this. Like she even said she's going to do a video of herself ice skating to Young and Beautiful ( :oic2:), but not a single fuck word about the poetry book.

It's either gone and forgotten, or she's adapting some of the poetry as lyrics for WHF.

Did anyone else notice that, with the last poem she read out, the paper was all tattered? She probably threw the entire book in the bin, got bored, plucked a page out and decided to make that video.

Did she at some point say the poetry would be bundled with NFR or was that just speculation?  I have to say i'm kind of surprised if she's abandoned it because she's put quite a bit of effort into promoting it via her insta

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Did she at some point say the poetry would be bundled with NFR or was that just speculation?  I have to say i'm kind of surprised if she's abandoned it because she's put quite a bit of effort into promoting it via her insta

I could be wrong, but I don't think she ever said it would be bundled ... I think we just speculated.

She said back in March (?) that she wanted to put it out before the album, and she said it'd be sold at book stores in Silver Lake, and that it'd be $1. As far as I know those are the only things she said in regard to when/where it'd be available.

Maybe she just feels content to have shared it all on her insta and to have some of it published in Vogue. I mean she's selling postcards for $5 so I just don't see how she'd sell an entire book for a $1. She would absolutely be selling it at a loss, not to mention that if it wasn't available worldwide, people would be pissed off. She probably put it in the too hard basket as a result.

I think she just gets bored of stuff easily. Many of us can relate. :smile3:

I could be wrong, but I don't think she ever said it would be bundled ... I think we just speculated.

She said back in March (?) that she wanted to put it out before the album, and she said it'd be sold at book stores in Silver Lake, and that it'd be $1. As far as I know those are the only things she said in regard to when/where it'd be available.

Maybe she just feels content to have shared it all on her insta and to have some of it published in Vogue. I mean she's selling postcards for $5 so I just don't see how she'd sell an entire book for a $1. She would absolutely be selling it at a loss, not to mention that if it wasn't available worldwide, people would be pissed off. She probably put it in the too hard basket as a result.

I think she just gets bored of stuff easily. Many of us can relate. :smile3:

We'll give her a couple months then add this to the lies thread :creep:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

The collected Sylvia Plath poems is available for 4 bucks as a kindle book on Amazon. Not that I'm trying to compare LDR to her or anything, but LDR could easily sell her book of poems for $1, as a e pub, and still make money. Or she could just self-publish on the internet as she's been doing. I don't think LDR poems are that bad. They are quite interesting as a roadmap of her mind, so I'm still hoping she does some kind of release.

The collected Sylvia Plath poems is available for 4 bucks as a kindle book on Amazon. Not that I'm trying to compare LDR to her or anything, but LDR could easily sell her book of poems for $1, as a e pub, and still make money. Or she could just self-publish on the internet as she's been doing. I don't think LDR poems are that bad. They are quite interesting as a roadmap of her mind, so I'm still hoping she does some kind of release.

i'd just assumed she was gonna put out a chapbook, maybe a couple hundreds of them, and call it a day. they're cheap to make, so it was compatible with the $1 price + dropping them in small libraries around LA. i also hope she releases it in some form soon.