canela

Slayyyter

1 hour ago, Gore said:

So she’s not doing the dance pop now, baby. She’s been doing for quite some time, maybe is just you that are not being fair enough to her trying to take her credit comparing to the other girls that sometimes don't do the half creativity work that Slayyyter do. Don’t be tired at her, be tired of yourself.

Although I agree with u and I think she has proven multiple times how creative she is (TP is an example of an eclectic album done right) I also see their point here. 

Even if Slayyyter has ten times more personality than those other mentioned artist (comparing her to Ava Max is an atrocity) I do see how she’s leaning towards more traditional pop and leaving behind maybe the more underground genres… 

Her earlier stuff like Swimming Pool, Fallen Angel, Hiccup or Serial Killer showcase a more indie side of her while the mixtape era (clearly inspired by hyper pop, like it or not) was targeting the gay club scene rather than the mainstream. 

Following TP she did mention her obsession with Chromatica and other “more basic” pop albums and that made me afraid… not gonna lie

TP was a 10/10 and the recently leaked stuff, while catchy and cute, isn’t as exciting to me (with a few exceptions like My Body or Ms Belladonna). With time I’ve grown to like it more but I would lie if I said I didn’t want her to go a more experimental rout like Talk To Me, Different or Tear Me Open :crossed: Even Stupid Boy felt more like her if that makes sense… also, That Bitch deserved better! 

that said, I still have faith in her vision and I am thrilled to see what she has planned for this new era. The visuals so far have been great and she delivered with Out Of Time… :kris:

She is... a popstar. She never hid the fact she wants to be successful and 90% of the "shtick" (I don't think that's the best term but you get it) is about being a celebrity and a huge star followed by paparazzi and the y2k shit. Literally about tabloid obsession and so on.

The thing is; she's killing it while doing the "basic sound". Out Of Time is literally everything some of these girls were TRYING and FAILING, and she does it looking effortlessly. I'm sure the album will have different gems all around. Troubled Paradise is fantastic, a little hodgepodge of genres and sounds but everything works. This album is shaping up to be much more cohesive and well constructed. She keeps evolving as an artist: visuals are getting better and better, she keeps showing her RANGE, doing her lyrics... eveyrything is aligning.

I find it tiring and awkward as fuck when people try to box her as "Hyperpop!" or anything like that, and the constant Ayesha digs as well. They were friends, Ayesha never said anything negative about Slayyyter or viceversa, and they created GREAT songs together, but everybody gotta move on. They already did.

20 hours ago, White Dress said:

Out of Time is cut but I’m kind of tired of her just trying out whatever sound is trendy at the moment. She doesn’t really know who she is as an artist. She started doing an Ayesha impression, then went the generic “hyperpop” bratty Charli route and is now going for Dua/Kim/Ava generic dance pop

I don't necessarily agree but I def see where you're coming from? If that makes sense?

I do think this era in particular sticks out as not being "uniquely Slayyyter". Only Plastic and Purr on this album I would consider to be songs only she can pull off. The rest of the tracks are amazing but I def could see another artist coming out with them also. To me, the reason I hated slutpop so much is Kim just cannot pull off these types of songs the way Slayyyter or Ayesha or Chase Icon can. But I don't hear any of these songs and feel like Slayyyter can't pull it off. I just usually expect something different from her than most of the tracks on this new era.

Really though I always see music as a collaborative effort. Its going to be influenced by everyone that worked on it. So I find it I guess incorrect to say the mixtape is "an Ayesha impression". Its an album Ayesha wrote and produced and collaborated on. TP sounds the way it does because those covid-era hyperpop producers worked on it. Out of Time sounds comparable to a Kim Petras song because.... well, one of Kim Petras's collaborators produced it.  And I mean honestly can you really criticize pop music for being trendy? Its kind of the point of it. Although I understand what you mean as sort of her stepping further away from that more edgy sound and towards a more mainstream approach which is I guess a valid criticism but one that doesn't personally bother me.

Honestly the first sessions leaks that came out for this era I was not that much impressed as I am at this moment now. But that's because now I can start to see her vision going forward with all the songs together in an album and the visuals, shes actually pulling it off in a way I didn't expect her to.

edit: this ended up kind of a repeat of what @DinahLee said at some parts but our posts were 5 minutes apart, made while I was typing, oop!!

9 hours ago, Gore said:

You mentioned she’s doing someone else impression when that person only made 8 beats of the 14 tracks for the album, and the most streamed songs she did even touched: Mine and Daddy AF. And think, those are edm/dance pop inspired.

You can say her name… :eek2:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

6 minutes ago, slayyyngel said:

I don't necessarily agree but I def see where you're coming from? If that makes sense?

I do think this era in particular sticks out as not being "uniquely Slayyyter". Only Plastic and Purr on this album I would consider to be songs only she can pull off. The rest of the tracks are amazing but I def could see another artist coming out with them also. To me, the reason I hated slutpop so much is Kim just cannot pull off these types of songs the way Slayyyter or Ayesha or Chase Icon can. But I don't hear any of these songs and feel like Slayyyter can't pull it off. I just usually expect something different from her than most of the tracks on this new era.

Really though I always see music as a collaborative effort. Its going to be influenced by everyone that worked on it. So I find it I guess incorrect to say the mixtape is "an Ayesha impression". Its an album Ayesha wrote and produced and collaborated on. TP sounds the way it does because those covid-era hyperpop producers worked on it. Out of Time sounds comparable to a Kim Petras song because.... well, one of Kim Petras's collaborators produced it.  And I mean honestly can you really criticize pop music for being trendy? Its kind of the point of it. Although I understand what you mean as sort of her stepping further away from that more edgy sound and towards a more mainstream approach which is I guess a valid criticism but one that doesn't personally bother me.

Honestly the first sessions leaks that came out for this era I was not that much impressed as I am at this moment now. But that's because now I can start to see her vision going forward with all the songs together in an album and the visuals, shes actually pulling it off in a way I didn't expect her to.

edit: this ended up kind of a repeat of what @DinahLee said at some parts but our posts were 5 minutes apart, made while I was typing, oop!!

You did a better job in expressing it all xx

16 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Although I agree with u and I think she has proven multiple times how creative she is (TP is an example of an eclectic album done right) I also see their point here. 

Even if Slayyyter has ten times more personality than those other mentioned artist (comparing her to Ava Max is an atrocity) I do see how she’s leaning towards more traditional pop and leaving behind maybe the more underground genres… 

Her earlier stuff like Swimming Pool, Fallen Angel, Hiccup or Serial Killer showcase a more indie side of her while the mixtape era (clearly inspired by hyper pop, like it or not) was targeting the gay club scene rather than the mainstream. 

Following TP she did mention her obsession with Chromatica and other “more basic” pop albums and that made me afraid… not gonna lie

TP was a 10/10 and the recently leaked stuff, while catchy and cute, isn’t as exciting to me (with a few exceptions like My Body or Ms Belladonna). With time I’ve grown to like it more but I would lie if I said I didn’t want her to go a more experimental rout like Talk To Me, Different or Tear Me Open :crossed: Even Stupid Boy felt more like her if that makes sense… also, That Bitch deserved better! 

that said, I still have faith in her vision and I am thrilled to see what she has planned for this new era. The visuals so far have been great and she delivered with Out Of Time… :kris:

This very well explained tbh. But as another user said, we've always known she wanted to "make it", so the experimental route for me was always the "unreleased" that would never go beyond that, kinda like with Lana's own unreleased songs that also have this unique essence about them that just doesn't translate in the same way in the released songs. I did feel like Tommy was maybe the embodiment of both a more mainstream song while still being original and true to herself (and especially the fact that it is longer, has a bridge etc.) but maybe I'm biased because it's that good.

But anyway, I do feel like she is still finding her sound, and evolving. Especially with the visuals and the concept of this rollout, we can definitely see she has been working on it for a long time. 

I get her wanting to go big and mainstream… and she understands pop like no one else. The problem is, nowadays pop music isnt what it used to be… all formulated songs no more than 2 minutes long and with strong beats to appeal for dopamine addicted younger generations who can’t sit through 4 minutes straight without getting bored (TikTok for example). 

Slayyyter does pop like no one else, the only thing she’s lacking lately is personality in her songs… I mean, they are BOPs… but like u said anyone could pull them of, from Kim Petras to Dua Lipa to even The Weeknd! Something about nowadays pop lacks any kind of soul and I don’t know why. Even other decades popstars are missing the mark like Lady Gaga with Chromatica… endless samples with 80s sound and I’m getting tired of it

56 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I get her wanting to go big and mainstream… and she understands pop like no one else. The problem is, nowadays pop music isnt what it used to be… all formulated songs no more than 2 minutes long and with strong beats to appeal for dopamine addicted younger generations who can’t sit through 4 minutes straight without getting bored (TikTok for example). 

Slayyyter does pop like no one else, the only thing she’s lacking lately is personality in her songs… I mean, they are BOPs… but like u said anyone could pull them of, from Kim Petras to Dua Lipa to even The Weeknd! Something about nowadays pop lacks any kind of soul and I don’t know why. Even other decades popstars are missing the mark like Lady Gaga with Chromatica… endless samples with 80s sound and I’m getting tired of it

Wow okay now I'm listening to her new playlist and I realize the song is just sampled off of Head over heels... :( honestly really agree that it's getting so old.

27 minutes ago, slayyy said:

Wow okay now I'm listening to her new playlist and I realize the song is just sampled off of Head over heels... :( honestly really agree that it's getting so old.

Also parts of Heart Of Glass by Blondie…

EDIT:

I thought you meant Tears for Fears, Wow but yeah that song was completely ripped off!

IMG-3521.jpg

Someone mentioned a few pages ago it sampling that song. 

She actually tweeted a while ago about her liking the recent trend of sampling. 

In my opinion its getting really, really tired at this point. Almost every song that comes out anymore right now is sampled off a more popular song.

Alone ft. Nicki Minaj for me was the breaking point tbh but I'm Good (Blue) was the song that really made me hate the trend at first.

But I didn't even know this song was originally sampled, and this song has always had that "familiar 80s sound", to me, it just sounded "somewhat like Thriller, but new". So it doesn't take me out of it.

But... this isn't new for Slayyyter though. Theres been a few songs, like Sweet 16 that went unreleased because it sampled Its My Party and couldnt get the sample to clear.

And then of course her remix of Gimme More. And then her Heidi Montag collab that apparently didnt release because it sampled Britney. (why would you even bother trying that a second time? why waste Heidi's time and get our hopes up?!) They should have done a "Heidi's Version" of I'll Do It ft. Slayyyter like Paris and Kim did and absolutely clear them.

How do you girlies feel about titles in single/album art cover? 

I personally don't like that much besides TP, Erotica (Madonna) and Bimbocore (Scene Queen). Just the image as a view to me carries.

Ultraviolence is hideous

1 hour ago, Gore said:

How do you girlies feel about titles in single/album art cover? 

I personally don't like that much besides TP, Erotica (Madonna) and Bimbocore (Scene Queen). Just the image as a view to me carries.

Ultraviolence is hideous

it depends on the album/single artwork tbh.

Personally I prefer titles specially when they are done in a creative/nice/beautiful  way: slayyyter the mixtape; That Kid - Crush…

Charli XCX - True Romance (an amazing album) would’ve been way better without that horrid Microsoft Paint title in there but it was her debut so they had to put names in there.

idc how local it is but mine is such a good song its atleast top 5 of self titled

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind