Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,019 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

it's crazy to me that when i first heard the album cinnamon girl was my absolute fave on there, now i usually forget it exists lmaooooooo

i never cared for it, there was some point where i did actually like it a fair amount but like im back to being very indifferent to it

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

This kind of thinking is so dumb. NFR is a great album. Yes. But it is in no way better than HM, UV, BTD. And if you want to come with "BuT ThE CrItIcS"!!!!!!

Well guess what, critics are biased as fuck and echo each other in a big way, it's more about the public perception of the artist than the music itself. If they actually evaluated the music itself, BTD would not have received all the criticism it did. But they dragged her for "being inauthentic and having fake lips". Because that is what many inept critics focus on. Now as time passed and Lana proved herself by continuing to not make commercial music and being relatively non-controversial, the critics are actually open to praising her because she is seen as an artist, rather than a corporate money making machine. But it is not primarily about the music. It's about their opinon of her public image. Beyonce is another great example of this. You think anyone would care about Lemonade? No, but because it was released by her, suddenly it's this god-like work in the critics eyes.

I SO agree with you on this. I do like NFR a lot but you can totally see how biased the critics reviews are. I mentioned this before about that Rantano YouTuber that everyone seemed to be over the moon about when he gave NFR a high score whereas he had been shitting on Lana’s work for ages because of her image and I will never stop believing that a big part of the truth is that this is a relatively non-controversy record where Lana has settled in an image that mostly everyone can be comfortable with.

I might be the minority here, but it’s almost a perfect 10 to me.

Being in the minority here (on board where people think Hope is A Dangerous Thing...is a horrible song and Born To Die is a better album than NFR) means you're sane.

Congrats!

4DBc.gif

Being in the minority here (on board where people think Hope is A Dangerous Thing...is a horrible song and Born To Die is a better album than NFR) means you're sane.

Congrats!

4DBc.gif

a king who makes offhand comments about mental health! Mods, BAN HA

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Congrats!

4DBc.gif

I really like the new record and don't want to be rude against Jack Antonoff but everytime I see  a picture of him  I think that he  has autismn and i don't know why :rip:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Geez, the turn this thread took in a month :/

I guess I don’t have your ear, but I don’t hear how « poor » the production is. I mean, the emotions of the songs are just so spectacular to me that I don’t even hear all the flaws you’ve noticed. NFR has all the best elements from all her previous records while still being it’s own thing. It also has some of the best lyrics and storytelling she has ever done. I might be the minority here, but it’s almost a perfect 10 to me.

Basically, people will say shit about flaws that were intentional, make it the reason why they don't like NFR, and will use that to trash Jack at the same time.

But what they didn't get is that it's Lana's fault if there are flaws, not Jack's, because she's the one giving directions for the production :hooker:

And yeah, I completely agree with you. Almost a perfect 10. This record is so raw but that's what makes it perfect.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I really like the new record and don't want to be rude against Jack Antonoff but everytime I see  a picture of him  I think that he  has autismn and i don't know why :rip:

Well people certainly don't like him for his looks that's for sure. At least he can play the piano well I guess.

Well people certainly don't like him for his looks that's for sure. At least he can play the piano well I guess.

I have nothing against him and he is not bad producer. But this thought come always in mind and I can't nothing so against that lmfao

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The Grammys usually have all AOTY nominees perform at the show. If Lana gets in, I wonder if she'll be able to opt out?  :teehee:

What are the easiest (and most appropriate) NFR songs for her to perform when under the big pressure? I can only think of two: How To Disappear and Mariners Apartment Complex.

The Grammys usually have all AOTY nominees perform at the show. If Lana gets in, I wonder if she'll be able to opt out?  :teehee:

What are the easiest (and most appropriate) NFR songs for her to perform when under the big pressure? I can only think of two: How To Disappear and Mariners Apartment Complex.

I think she would sing the title track. She really seems to like it and it represents the album well.

I think she would sing the title track. She really seems to like it and it represents the album well.

Would be the most epic performance ever, but maybe a little too explicit for their audience? But then again, if Jay Z and Beyonce can perform Drunk in Love...

I honestly cannot with the person that said that both Dan Auerbach and Rick Ruben are washed up like...

They might be washed up to you, but at least they don't put (alleged) amateur-ish mistakes/flaws make the final cut to add so call "charm" to a track (or to a certain extent: a whole album).

The audacity!

Unpopular onion: NFR, MAC, VB, Love song, Cinnamon girl, and Happiness should have been released as their own EP and the remaining 8 tracks (along with Roses Bloom for You, the Shangri-Las esque songs she scrapped, the two folks songs she performed w Jack, and perhaps a couple more songs that came out of the same sessions as California) should have been released as their own album. If this had occurred though, I would still be fully expecting Yosemite and Looking for America to be on White Hot Forever

Unpopular onion: NFR, MAC, VB, Love song, Cinnamon girl, and Happiness should have been released as their own EP and the remaining 8 tracks (along with Roses Bloom for You, the Shangri-Las esque songs she scrapped, the two folks songs she performed w Jack, and perhaps a couple more songs that came out of the same sessions as California) should have been released as their own album. If this had occurred though, I would still be fully expecting Yosemite and Looking for America to be on White Hot Forever

wasnt this post nfr

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL