Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Just popping in to say I still love the album wholeheartedly

My fave Lana album to date. Still all over it weekly (I haven't been so obsessed with a Lana album since UV) - Hands down album of the year

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Beyonce's beyond overrated live album shouldn't even be in contention.

AnxiousSilentBlackfootedferret-size_rest

Can you actually believe that we agree on one thing? Omg

why are y'all trying to convince urselves the flaws in the production department were intentional!! literally having vocals that cut off awkwardly instead of properly fading out, very obvious volume increases (and i have hearing issues so that i assume that shit is VERY obvious to other people), and half filtered out white noise is not the way u make things sound ""cheap"" or ""nostalgic""

May I which know vocal takes were cut off awkwardly?

Also ya'll never had any problems with Heroin's white noise not fading in in the intro so why come for NFR now eh

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

why are y'all trying to convince urselves the flaws in the production department were intentional!! literally having vocals that cut off awkwardly instead of properly fading out, very obvious volume increases (and i have hearing issues so that i assume that shit is VERY obvious to other people), and half filtered out white noise is not the way u make things sound ""cheap"" or ""nostalgic""

THIS

Can you actually believe that we agree on one thing? Omg

Lol. Critics lose all critical thinking skills when it comes to Beyonce (and Rihanna). It's both amusing and disturbing at the same time.

May I which know vocal takes were cut off awkwardly?

Also ya'll never had any problems with Heroin's white noise not fading in in the intro so why come for NFR now eh

The big one that comes to mind with me is Bartender, though that’s all Rick and Lana. It’s like the white noise fading in in Heroin except through the whole fucking song

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Lol. Critics lose all critical thinking skills when it comes to Beyonce (and Rihanna). It's both amusing and disturbing at the same time.

They worship the very ground their feet touch and act as if they should win all the awards for just existing, and oh god, if someone other than them dare (especially Beyoncé) win an award they should give it back to them/her ASAP and be sorry for breathing the same air. Their popularity and public perception is weird af.

They try so hard to make it something it's not, it's hilarious tbh 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Does anyone here have the UO vinyl as well as the standard black vinyl? Has anyone noticed the difference in sound? The intro of the title track, as well as the talking at the end of HIADTFAWLMTH–BIHI seem to be louder on the UO vinyl and quieter (especially the talking at the end) on the standard black. Overall the UO feels a bit slick and tinny (UO Honeymoon was like that too) compared to the standard black. Am I imagining this or has anyone else noticed this? I’m starting to think maybe the UO vinyls have the audio compressed a bit more. They both sound fine, just slightly different. Maybe it’s because of the coloured vinyl? Are the blue and green like that too?

Anyway, maybe that’ll help people decide which vinyl is best for them. If you’re someone who finds the production sounds “unbalanced” or “unfinished”, the more compressed UO vinyl might be for you. Whereas if you already find the production “flat” or “tinny”, the more organic sounding standard vinyl will be for you. It’s like there’s a version for everyone.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

ugh if another one of you pretends to be ann powers and uses the adj uncooked again imma lose it

Don't get us started on this bitch. Her "review" was an attack on Lana's so called persona calling it "uncooked", which was quite frankly a lie and very uncalled for.

But the whole vibe I'm getting from NFR, in my honest opinion, is very that... "uncooked", at least from a production point of view.

The big one that comes to mind with me is Bartender, though that’s all Rick and Lana. It’s like the white noise fading in in Heroin except through the whole fucking song

OMG tea but it doesn't bother me that much?

Blame ha for not going into the booth and being too lazy to edit that out because "it's a vibe"

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

really not hearing these production flaws tbh. some of y’all are just picky and it’s a lil annoying lol but if it bothers you then that’s on you. NFR sweety i’m so sorry

Not being picky though, it's literally the first thing I hear on the very first track of the album, how "flat" the vocal track sounds like, and also how the entire instrumentation of the title track sounds tinny, like it has this sorta cheap metallic sound (?) like at some point it legit sounds like loose change in a pocket. Still love the song, but much like the vast majority of this record I'm honestly perplexed about what happened, or didn't happened, when they produced/mastered this record.

The so called flaws are obvious.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110736a2d8d7d5a7d4ef

Not being picky though, it's literally the first thing I hear on the very first track of the album, how "flat" the vocal track sounds like, and also how the entire instrumentation of the title track sounds tinny, like it has this sorta cheap metallic sound (?) like at some point it legit sounds like loose change in a pocket. Still love the song, but much like the vast majority of this record I'm honestly perplexed about what happened, or didn't happened, when they produced/mastered this record.

The so called flaws are obvious.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110736a2d8d7d5a7d4ef

tenor.gif?itemid=3417891

nF70D0F.png

Don't get us started on this bitch. Her "review" was an attack on Lana's so called persona calling it "uncooked", which was quite frankly a lie and very uncalled for.

Lana was being over-sensitive with her unprofessional reaction and saying she never used a persona is obviously a lie.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!