Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

What do you mean, you "did a Lana song sorted"? :)

My bad, Lana song “sorter”. They give you the choice out of two songs and you have to decide which song you like most. This one had practically her whole discography. At the end it ranks them from the choices and decides your favorites and puts them in a numerical list.

giphy.gif

Its funny - from the previews she posted, California and Norman Fucking Rockwell were my least favourites and now California is my favourite and NFR amongst my favourites. That being every song on this masterpiece is a favourite. She better at least get a Grammy nomination. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

Its funny - from the previews she posted, California and Norman Fucking Rockwell were my least favourites and now California is my favourite and NFR amongst my favourites. That being every song on this masterpiece is a favourite. She better at least get a Grammy nomination. 

I had the same with Love Song.

Mfhp.gif

In Love Song there’s this craving of intimacy when you hear it. There’s a peaceful but heartbreaking separation of two people who shared great memories together. It makes you want to reunite with an old flame to just share what you’ve always known best about each other.

giphy.gif

what is this HTD production volume thing?

HTD production volume thing, or NFR production ''issues'', is something no one outside of this board/fan base has noticed or has problems with,

giphy.gif

In other news my 2 cd's for buying tickets have finally arrived. I was pleased that they are the store cd and not just a cd slipped in to a cardboard sleeve. I already have one and an iTunes download. If there is poor soul who needs one an doesn't have the means right now I am willing to part with them. U.S. only as I live here and DON'T post address here. We'll figure some way to coordinate. I will check back periodically.

I can see him being extremely bummed about UV, given Brooklyn Baby has a soundalike musician singing the male part at the end of that song (Seth Kaufman, everyone was fooled by this initially and thought it was Barrie). So UV is really the beginning of the end for them. I also remember Barrie praising UV ("UV is ultragood"), shortly before the infamous "It's not over" TMZ interview. If I had to guess as to why they broke up, I would *guess* that she felt his relationship to alcohol was too dangerous for her. The "liquor off the top shelf" line in California sort of supports this idea, which I originally got from thinking Barrie's instagram (at about the time of their public breakup) had a lot of alcohol imagery in it (could have been a cause or could have been an effect). Other than Black Beauty and Brooklyn Baby, I don't think any of the songs of UV pertain to Barrie. With the possible exception of The Blackest Day (he's sort of associated to the word "black"), I don't see any of the HM songs to be about Barrie.

The Blackest Day is no doubt about him. "I don't really wanna break up we got it goin on. It's what you gathered from my talk but you were wrong" relating to that interview thing where it was indicated that they separated but actually hadn't.

I thought Terrance Loves You too mostly because "I still get trashed when I hear your tunes". 

I forgot his name (Edwin,Erwin, Ewin,Elias???). The noodleboy  who is on every Lana concert. I know you know who I mean. Imagine he would use his impact and would say to Lana things like: It would be amazing if you would perform more Nfr songs or we love your High budget videos.

If you can go to EVERY FUCKING LANA CONCERT you can do a little bit for the whole fandom... :um2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

This is a viral gif of Italian translator in disbelief having to translate batshit insane stuff Trump says during a press conference. That's why I posted the gif - because that's me as soon as I log in and start reading posts here.

giphy.gif

I'm shook to have found out that Brooklyn Baby doesn't have Barrie in it :O 

Anyone else really not like the new lyrics in TNBAR but now scream them out like they're the best thing ever?? 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

then who was the dude singing in it?

According to slang:

I can see him being extremely bummed about UV, given Brooklyn Baby has a soundalike musician singing the male part at the end of that song (Seth Kaufman, everyone was fooled by this initially and thought it was Barrie). So UV is really the beginning of the end for them. 

From wikipedia as well: 

Credits adapted from the liner notes of Ultraviolence.[12]

Performance credits

Instruments

Technical and production

I made a music video for Hope is a dangerous long ass title.  

What do you guys think? I actually like it..

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Thank God Lanz didn't date that Cop during NFR writing. Can you imagine what an album it would have been...

In your car in your car in the backseat

I'm your prisoner

We go fast wo go so fast

Shoot this thug

Fear fun fear love

Fresh out of hand-cuffs forever

Yeah you just a cop it's just what you do

My hands in hand-cuffs as you beating me blueee

And I'm areeeeeested

Don't run I just need a warning shot

I'm faaacing the greatest

The greatest cop of them all