Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

girl we get it you don't like NFR

You guys need to get over your sensitive selves and stop selectively clutching your pearls. It all comes down to personal taste. I still very much consider myself a fan even though I think her last two records have been really lackluster (in different ways, but still very lackluster!). NFR is obviously a great record, and I'm glad she's finally got good reviews, but it doesn't change how much this record doesn't do anything to me. I have the right to regurgitate the same comment if I feel like it, just like there are people on this sub that basically have nothing but praise for this record, and do just like I do on a daily basis (and good for them honestly!).

Lana ain't no diety, not everything she does is going to please everyone, and it's honestly a good thing. She's not immune to criticism.

Hmm. Well, I really love the ambiance of the track. Especially during the verses. I find it super compelling. The use of the guitar and the synths, although minimal, creates an almost spiritual atmosphere. If you take out the vocals, the instrumental definitely sounds like it could’ve been drawn out to fit a movie scene where the characters are walking through the desert or something.

Plus, I listen to a lot of ambient/electronic music so I’m just drawn to stuff that has a mystical vibe to it.

That's kind of what 13 Beaches and some other songs on LFL made me feel (the ones that had an aesthetic consistency on the album -13 Beaches, Heroin, WTWWATW, etc.´), but with BAR I felt that the attempt to develop that vision was failing. Also I hoped that on the new version it would have been reworked on a way that I would like, but it just didn't happen.

You guys need to get over your sensitive selves and stop selectively clutching your pearls. It all comes down to personal taste. I still very much consider myself a fan even though I think her last two records have been really lackluster (in different ways, but still very lackluster!). NFR is obviously a great record, and I'm glad she's finally got good reviews, but it doesn't change how much this record doesn't do anything to me. I have the right to regurgitate the same comment if I feel like it, just like there are people on this sub that basically have nothing but praise for this record, and do just like I do on a daily basis (and good for them honestly!).

Lana ain't no diety, not everything she does is going to please everyone, and it's honestly a good thing. She's not immune to criticism.

How am I being sensitive lmao it's just annoying how you repeat the same shit over and over again, there's nothing wrong with sharing different opinions but we got your point the first couple of times.

qfrWuBl.png

How am I being sensitive lmao it's just annoying how you repeat the same shit over and over again, there's nothing wrong with sharing different opinions but we got your point the first couple of times.

It's basically the same with people that constantly praise this record, call it a magnum opus (or whatever) and are not open to the fact that not every fan praise the crap out it though? Ok, werk.

BTD and UV are probably her most sonically cohesive records but the songwriting is so much more advanced on NFR, which makes it my favourite Lana album to date. 

NFR isn't my #1 though I do love it - but yes, I also think BTD and UV are the most cohesive.

It's basically the same with people that constantly praise this record, call it a magnum opus (or whatever) and are not open to the fact that not every fan praise the crap out it though? Ok, werk.

It's not the same though. There's a difference between being excited about an album and praising it a lot and saying an album's production's terrible like it's a fact and making post after post about it. Repeating it over and over again is just being negative.. Not liking an album is fine, criticizing it is fine, but what's the point in repeating the same stuff over and over again? You already said that you think the production's bad, you already said that the imperfections are cheap sounding, you already said all that several times..It does also get annoying when someone keeps repeating the same things they like about the album over and over again though (except if they're talking about the underappreciated masterpiece that is 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it', which gets slandered way too much, it's disgusting) 

qfrWuBl.png

It does also get annoying when someone keeps repeating the same things they like about the album over and over again though

This is exactly like I said though... anyway! Have a good day, hun. You'll probably be reading a thousand more posts about people liking and disliking this, as well as her futures record/s. You can find me annoying it's fine. But don't put words into my mouth, I'm fully aware that my comments here are very that, just opinions, not trying to pass them matter of factly.

Agree to disagree.

NFR haters can spew their delusions and hate as much as they want on this site, but nothing they say will change the album's legacy in the real world. The album will continue collecting accolades and be hailed as masterpiece/magnum opus/classic, etc. Not to mention we have another Jack produced masterpiece, White Hot Forever, on the way. Exciting times are upon us! 

tenor.gif

NFR haters can spew their delusions and hate as much as they want on this site, but nothing they say will change the album's legacy in the real world. The album will continue collecting accolades and be hailed as masterpiece/magnum opus/classic, etc. Not to mention we have another Jack produced masterpiece, White Hot Forever, on the way. Exciting times are upon us! 

tenor.gif

how many fucking times are you gonna reiterate the same thoughts over and over again...

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

tenor.gif

Is this the only thing you're capable of talking about? 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are still her best albums and probably always will be

Honeymoon? No. BTD, AKA, and NFR are all better than Honeymoon.

giphy.gif

Honeymoon? No. BTD, AKA, and NFR are all better than Honeymoon.

I love all the albums mentioned but Honeymoon is an absolute masterpiece and her best body of work next to Ultraviolence. Hands down her most cohesive with arguably the best production out of any of her albums.

qfrWuBl.png