Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

So is there a sorter?

I have a sorter on my tumblr page that sorts NFR among all of her other released stuff if that’s what you mean:

https://trashsugarmagic.tumblr.com/lanadelrey

If you’re talking about just NFR itself, I think you might have better luck sorting them by manually x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I have a sorter on my tumblr page that sorts NFR among all of her other released stuff if that’s what you mean:

If you’re talking about just NFR itself, I think you might have better luck sorting them manually x

yeah fuck you im doing this and now i have to choose between California and VB and I'm not ready yet

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

If you’re talking about just NFR itself, I think you might have better luck sorting them manually x

Thank you for this!!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Something that I can't stop hearing is how Rick messed up with the white noise in Bartender. It's not fully filtered and you can hear it when she sings, but on some parts of the song, the white noise stops when she stops singing and then starts again as she starts singing again too. It's kinda annoying, would've been better if Rick left the white noise on the whole track even when she's not singing, or if Lana recorded it in one take. I think the best example is 1:41 (white noise stops) and 1:43 (white noise starts again).

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Hi all,

Idk if this was discussed yet but did Lana slightly alter the intro to the chorus of Cinnamon? Only cuz you hear the ring/bell instrument as soon as the chorus hits in her insta video but not on the actual song?

Hi all,

Idk if this was discussed yet but did Lana slightly alter the intro to the chorus of Cinnamon? Only cuz you hear the ring/bell instrument as soon as the chorus hits in her insta video but not on the actual song?

Yeah and tbh it’s for the better. This way it’s more cohesive. I also love how it comes in so smoothly in the final version.

qfrWuBl.png

had my first listen at midnight last night and it was magical. i don't think i've ever liked every single song on a lana album before (on first listen) but this album did it.

they did how to disappear dirty but i'll let it slide it's still a fine song i just realllllllly think her live performance outshines it by a mile.

cinnamon girl fucked me up, we knew it was going to be incredible but holy shit  :cumming:

honestly there is no bad song on the album. i can't believe she keeps outdoing herself. a masterpiece  :krylie:

Something that I can't stop hearing is how Rick messed up with the white noise in Bartender. It's not fully filtered and you can hear it when she sings, but on some parts of the song, the white noise stops when she stops singing and then starts again as she starts singing again too. It's kinda annoying, would've been better if Rick left the white noise on the whole track even when she's not singing, or if Lana recorded it in one take. I think the best example is 1:41 (white noise stops) and 1:43 (white noise starts again).

I love Bartender with ALL my heart but this also irked me!!!!! When mixing issues were brought up, this is what popped into my head! 

o4qjp4j.png

ugh i love all the mixing errors in the album ugh they feel like they are on purpose and the errors give the album a more painterly feeling

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Yeah and tbh it’s for the better. This way it’s more cohesive. I also love how it comes in so smoothly in the final version.

Thanks! I will admit I was bummed at first but I can definitely appreciate it now.

Doing the song sorter and i've had The Blackest Day vs Venice Bitch open for like minutes....how can I choose

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I love Bartender with ALL my heart but this also irked me!!!!! When mixing issues were brought up, this is what popped into my head!

I don't mind when the volume changes in a song, I think it brings the song to life and makes it more real, but the issue in Bartender is the only one that doesn't sound intentional. It's not the first time Rick had issues with the white noise... In Bartender, it's more noticeable because the song only has a piano, and I can't help but think how even better it would sound without that shitty white noise

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

This is what @@HeartbreakHotel and I have been saying. The album is gorgeous but has so many production and mixing fuck ups. It's not very Lana -like to have such sloppy production and mixing, especially when looking back to the production of something like Honeymoon with polished production.