Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I think she would sing the title track. She really seems to like it and it represents the album well.

That would be extremely epic and probably very emotional too... I'm so here for that perfomance to happen since NFR is one of my favorite Lana songs ever. :icant:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"Β Β :makeup:

I honestly cannot with the person that said that both Dan Auerbach and Rick Ruben are washed up like...

Β 

They might be washed up to you, but at least they don't put (alleged) amateur-ish mistakes/flaws make the final cut to add so call "charm" to a track (or to a certain extent: a whole album).

Β 

The audacity!

Jack Antonoff doesn't either, unlike the singer asks him, in this case, it was Lana's decision. Try again next time, sweetie :hooker:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I really like NFR! and I still listen a lot to it. UV , HM and NFR! are LanasΒ  best albums for me. But I have to say that I barely listen to HoneymoonΒ  in full. Honeymoon is such a good album and a mood album. I really wanna enjoy the listening. That's why I only hear the album in my holidays, when I'm alone at home or when I'm sun bathing. . UV still is my fave album and I love to listen to it on rainy and stormy days and every now and then.Β  I need everyday a listen to West Coast..... a bop!

Of course I'm listening to many songs besides the album, I'm only talking about listening to the whole record.

Β 

The difference to NFR!Β  is that it is more stripped down and acoustic. It has a day in the life feeling.That's whyΒ  play the album so often. It fits perfectly for driving, when your cleaning the house, cooking......I can understand that some people have problemsΒ  with the production of this album. The production is not that rich or big like on her previous albums..

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

Jack Antonoff doesn't either, unlike the singer asks him, in this case, it was Lana's decision. Try again next time, sweetie :hooker:

Hmm interesting, reading interviews from 2014 and Dan and Lana seemed to have quite opposite opinions about the direction of her music, whereas reading recent interviews "Oh Jack I love the chords here!!1!" "Der ok Lana". Jack is a yes man, Dan was more of a visionnaire.

Β 

You tried again.

Even with the new lyrics, BAR remains one of her most captivating tracks sound wise

Β 

I love this site because I can read views like this one towards songs which I feel absolutely the opposite about. I've thought, since the demo -which I liked better than the final version- that it's one of her worst released songs ever (the official version being, from my view, a strong contender for her worst released song ever).Β 

Β 

What are the things that make you love it, instead? Curious to know and listen to it again from another point of view.

I love this site because I can read views like this one towards songs which I feel absolutely the opposite about. I've thought, since the demo -which I liked better than the final version- that it's one of her worst released songs ever (the official version being, from my view, a strong contender for her worst released song ever).Β 

Β 

What are the things that make you love it, instead? Curious to know and listen to it again from another point of view.

The way she sings "whatever's on tonight I just wanna party with you" sounds beautiful, and also the delivery on the eagles line it's just very catchy

Hmm interesting, reading interviews from 2014 and Dan and Lana seemed to have quite opposite opinions about the direction of her music, whereas reading recent interviews "Oh Jack I love the chords here!!1!" "Der ok Lana". Jack is a yes man, Dan was more of a visionnaire.

Β 

You tried again.

Jack isn't a toxic macho man thinking a woman can't have the lead on the sound of her music unlike Dan, that's the difference. It's still her albums, I think it's normal that she can decide how they sound like now that she's been in the business for many years. People often are puppets in the industry and listen to what the producers want, whereas Lana fought to have the sound that SHE wants as soon as UV apparently. Also, you're blaming Jack for not arguing with Lana on the production, but it was basically the same with Rick, he was doing what Lana wanted, and I don't see you having any problem with that, so...

Anything else?

~?~

Jack has three of the most acclaimed and beloved albums of the decadeΒ under his belt, possibly two AOTY nominees, all in the span of 2 years. No other Lana producer can compare or compete with him!

Β 

220px-St_Vincent_-_Masseduction.png220px-Lorde_-_Melodrama.png220px-Lana_Del_Rey_-_Norman_Fucking_Rock

Β 

tenor.gif

Jack has three of the most acclaimed and beloved albums of the decadeΒ under his belt, possibly two AOTY nominees, all in the span of 2 years. No other Lana producer can compare or compete with him!

Β 

220px-St_Vincent_-_Masseduction.png220px-Lorde_-_Melodrama.png220px-Lana_Del_Rey_-_Norman_Fucking_Rock

Β 

Β 

This post puts everything into perspective.

I was initially disappointed with the NFR cover because it's weird that that guy is in it, but wow...those 2 other album covers are just atrocious. NFR is actually the best.

The way she sings "whatever's on tonight I just wanna party with you" sounds beautiful, and also the delivery on the eagles line it's just very catchy

Β I

It's funny, cause these two things are maybe the ones that make me cringe the most about the song xd Thank you for the feedback, it's a very nice thing to discuss approachs to music without it becoming some kind of nonsense conflict!

The way this album so solidifies her as being completely in her own lane with no modern contemporaries... I've been thinking about it a lot.

I see her most naturally grouped along with the likes of Van Morrison, James Taylor, Paul Simon, Carole King....Β and absolutely nobody from the current music scene.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Jack isn't a toxic macho man thinking a woman can't have the lead on the sound of her music unlike Dan, that's the difference. It's still her albums, I think it's normal that she can decide how they sound like now that she's been in the business for many years. People often are puppets in the industry and listen to what the producers want, whereas Lana fought to have the sound that SHE wants as soon as UV apparently. Also, you're blaming Jack for not arguing with Lana on the production, but it was basically the same with Rick, he was doing what Lana wanted, and I don't see you having any problem with that, so...

Anything else?

Where does this crap about Dan Auerbach being a macho man comes from? Last time I checked he literally fought for Lana to release Ultraviolence against execs at Interscope?? They both had nothing but good thing to say about each other from that time period. Sometimes having a little bit of a challenge in the studio is good for you, not always having a yes man agreeing with your every decisions.

Β 

You're just pissed because Dan was actually able to create something Jack did not on NFR: an intricate, atmospheric and cohesive soundscape.

Β 

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

I love this site because I can read views like this one towards songs which I feel absolutely the opposite about. I've thought, since the demo -which I liked better than the final version- that it's one of her worst released songs ever (the official version being, from my view, a strong contender for her worst released song ever).

Β 

Hmm. Well, I really love the ambiance of the track. Especially during the verses. I find it super compelling. The use of the guitar and the synths, although minimal, creates an almost spiritual atmosphere. If you take out the vocals, the instrumental definitely sounds like it could’ve been drawn out to fit a movie scene where the characters are walking through the desert or something.

Plus, I listen to a lot of ambient/electronic music so I’m just drawn to stuff that has a mystical vibe to it.

You're just pissed because Dan was actually able to create something Jack did not on NFR: an intricate, atmospheric and cohesive soundscape.

Β 

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

LOOOOL thanks foe the good laugh, I appreciate it. Jack made NFR a masterpiece, that's on that. It's her most cohesive album to date, so you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, not me. Though UV is really cohesive, it still less cohesive than HM.

~?~

Β 

LOOOOL thanks foe the good laugh, I appreciate it. Jack made NFR a masterpiece, that's on that. It's her most cohesive album to date, so you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, not me. Though UV is really cohesive, it still less cohesive than HM.

thanks for the good laugh too hun, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are miles ahead from NFR in terms of cohesiveness and soundscape AND that's that on that.