Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

^ thanks for sharing! She sounds amazing :flutter:  I would love to hear her sing in a smaller or more private venue.

it would be cool if she did a residency somewhere

giphy.gif

"Was anything left behind?"

"Yessss ... like, there were some real big like 60s shangri las pop stuff kinda like the title track of my last album, Lust for Life ... which I was trying to do like, a bit of a girl group sound ... I thought it was either gonna go kinda like hip-hop girl group or, like, something a little more acoustic. And in the end, there were just more songs that were like that. And I think the next album, whatever that ends up being, will still be more in this realm 'cos I'm having so much fun."

:usrs:

From (approx 9 mins in): https://1077theend.radio.com/blogs/1077-end/lana-del-rey-visits-1077-end-seattle

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

"Was anything left behind?"

"Yessss ... like, there were some real big like 60s shangri las pop stuff kinda like the title track of my last album, Lust for Life ... which I was trying to do like, a bit of a girl group sound ... I thought it was either gonna go kinda like hip-hop girl group or, like, something a little more acoustic. And in the end, there were just more songs that were like that. And I think the next album, whatever that ends up being, will still be more in this realm 'cos I'm having so much fun."

:usrs:

From (approx 9 mins in): https://1077theend.radio.com/blogs/1077-end/lana-del-rey-visits-1077-end-seattle

Sorry I might sound dumb. But I'm confused.

Next album in the same sonic as NFR or the 60s Shangri La LFL type?

Or did she mean hip hop....?

Also does someone remember the interview where she said there were alot of bombastic 80s songs that she felt would be better on Jack's/Jesse's album so she didnt include them on NFR!?

Also does someone remember the interview where she said there were alot of bombastic 80s songs that she felt would be better on Jack's/Jesse's album so she didnt include them on NFR!?

I think she means an acoustic NFR type sound but she may also mean 60s Shangri La.

I wouldn't put too much weight into any of it; she sucks at describing stuff and it's subject to change anyway.

I would love something similar to LFL title track tbh. It's very fun and dreamy .(I know alot of people here hate it).

On another note, Maleficent 2 is going to be released soon. Hopefully she has done a track for it.. all the fans who met her yesterday,did they even ask her about it? They said she spilled so much tea about all the upcoming stuff ..yet no one said anything

Don't even worry about what she said to them - you'll never find out because they want to be all exclusive 'n' shit. We always end up finding out whatever it is anyway, if it's important.

July: Omg WHERE IS THE ALBUM PUTAAAA

August: Omg I stan this woman!!1!1! AOTY!!!

Late September: wtf is this tour mess who is that influencer cop lemme hand in my stan card

It’s like a roller coaster you guys :deadbanana:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

July: Omg WHERE IS THE ALBUM PUTAAAA

August: Omg I stan this woman!!1!1! AOTY!!!

Late September: wtf is this tour mess who is that influencer cop lemme hand in my stan card

It’s like a roller coaster you guys :deadbanana:

Never a dull moment huh? :smile3:

Don't even worry about what she said to them - you'll never find out because they want to be all exclusive 'n' shit. We always end up finding out whatever it is anyway, if it's important.

Yes but I waste alot of time speculating what she will do/ when shes releasing stuff. I know that's my fault but yeah. It really bugs me that people out there know so much but want to act cool and hide shiny info giving them the idea that they're important kewl kidz.

For eg I wanna know whether shes gonna do a soundtrack for Maleficent 2. Or Birds of Prey(there was a leaked snippet few days back). Any tea on WHF. the Jesse collab song. The California video rumor. If shes attending the MTV awards... the new rumored collab with Ariana. Etc etc

I think she meant a blend of 60s girl group sounds (like the Shangri-Las) and hip hop, sorta like actually most of the LFL album. Like Summer Bummer is the best example of a more hip hop take on the Shangri-Las, which isn’t the direction I would hope for but it could be interesting. If she meant just hip hop beats or something attached to The Shangri-Las sound, then she already did that with almost every song on LFL so it’s confusing that she was gonna do that again. Maybe her original goal was a more cohesive version of LFL since lots of fans didn’t appreciate it and she liked the sound. I would love to hear some of these eventually though because SOTW definitely had a Shangri-Las sound so I know Jack can pull it off (possibly better than Rick, sorry Rick). I’m also very interested to hear the 80s sounding stuff someday because that’s what I originally expected when I heard she was working with Jack.

If her next album is more acoustic stuff, it would be cool though if she blended in a bit of the 60s girl group sound into it too kinda like Laura Nyro or Carole King would do. I feel like an album like that would be as revered as honeymoon by the fans.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I think she meant a blend of 60s girl group sounds (like the Shangri-Las) and hip hop, sorta like actually most of the LFL album. Like Summer Bummer is the best example of a more hip hop take on the Shangri-Las, which isn’t the direction I would hope for but it could be interesting. If she meant just hip hop beats or something attached to The Shangri-Las sound, then she already did that with almost every song on LFL so it’s confusing that she was gonna do that again. Maybe her original goal was a more cohesive version of LFL since lots of fans didn’t appreciate it and she liked the sound. I would love to hear some of these eventually though because SOTW definitely had a Shangri-Las sound so I know Jack can pull it off (possibly better than Rick, sorry Rick). I’m also very interested to hear the 80s sounding stuff someday because that’s what I originally expected when I heard she was working with Jack.

If her next album is more acoustic stuff, it would be cool though if she blended in a bit of the 60s girl group sound into it too kinda like Laura Nyro or Carole King would do. I feel like an album like that would be as revered as honeymoon by the fans.

Omg no. I dont really like Summer Bummer. It's mostly just a background song when you're cleaning the room or driving and block out the traffic.

Something similar to LFL title track or SOTW would be rad!! SOTW is soo good.. it's a blend of LFL with a little bit UV.

Personally I feel her voice shines best when does songs like NFR or Change or Old Money(u can almost feel the strain in her voice due to the emotions). ... summer bummer is a big nonono. :(

an album that sounds like summer bummer is the only thing that could save her career

? Her career doesnt need any saving. Shes doing quite well. She recently did a cover for a movie(sotw). And another for a Documentary. Theres also upcoming Birds of Prey soundtrack. She did the DCMA though it flopped but it gave her exposure and people said she was the only good part in the song. She also probably has a musical coming up. Not to forget the possible role in Elvis movie . Her Elvis song being used for the movie..... Gucci Guilty.

She has so much stuff going on. Highly recognized and good exposure in the past 2 years. And Dont forget NFR is now her most critically acclaimed album. Billboard numbers dont matter when shes up against a pop superstar who has a wider fan base just because her music is very bright and has no cuss words or no dark themes. So alot of teenagers get into TS.

? Her career doesnt need any saving. Shes doing quite well. She recently did a cover for a movie(sotw). And another for a Documentary. Theres also upcoming Birds of Prey soundtrack. She did the DCMA though it flopped but it gave her exposure and people said she was the only good part in the song. She also probably has a musical coming up. Not to forget the possible role in Elvis movie . Her Elvis song being used for the movie..... Gucci Guilty.

She has so much stuff going on. Highly recognized and good exposure in the past 2 years. And Dont forget NFR is now her most critically acclaimed album. Billboard numbers dont matter when shes up against a pop superstar who has a wider fan base just because her music is very bright and has no cuss words or no dark themes. So alot of teenagers get into TS.

ok and....... her career still needs saving

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Omg no. I dont really like Summer Bummer. It's mostly just a background song when you're cleaning the room or driving and block out the traffic.

Something similar to LFL title track or SOTW would be rad!! SOTW is soo good.. it's a blend of LFL with a little bit UV.

Personally I feel her voice shines best when does songs like NFR or Change or Old Money(u can almost feel the strain in her voice due to the emotions). ... summer bummer is a big bonobo. :(

Tbh I don’t think she meant like Summer Bummer. That’s the extreme end of hip hop meets 60s girl group. She probably meant similar to songs like LFL, WM, GL, GBA, and GF. Those are the most Shangri-La’s sounding from LFL, and SOTW had a similar sound. I almost wonder if SOTW was originally gonna be on NFR now. You can even feel Shangri-La’s vibes in HIAB and TNBAR and we know those songs were early in the NFR process. Seems like NFR was almost a more organic and focused version of LFL. I hope she revisits some of the songs she scrapped that possibly have that sound for the next album. Imagine an album of songs like HIAB and SOTW? A dream!

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688