Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Well, taking her underwhelming tour and tour drama into consideration, she should rerelease the album

1. Tour fucking babies

2. Private plane complex

3. Annoyed bitch

4. Fuck it I forgot the lyrics

5. Doin' time (on another boring ass show)

6. Late song

7. Laziness girl

8. How to be disappear during VB electro gutar part

9. California tour leg 234568

10. The Next Worst American Acapella

11. The greatest vape of it all (I lost it)

12. Nood-d-dle boy (our love's alive)

13. Happiness is singing BtD songs only

14. Tours are the dangerous things for a singer like me to have - but I hate them

im soooo excited to see lana tomorrow for the first time. it's been my dream since 2014 and I'm so grateful for the opportunity.

Make sure you go barricade. There is nothing like catching her eye during the bridge of Blue Jeans :flutter:

You're going to have the best time EVER!!! Dont pay attention to any of the bullshit threads on here. At the end of the day, concerts are always super fun and unforgettable!!!! Have fun!!!!

im soooo excited to see lana tomorrow for the first time. it's been my dream since 2014 and I'm so grateful for the opportunity.

Make sure you go barricade. There is nothing like catching her eye during the bridge of Blue Jeans :flutter:

well i have GA floor tickets so let's hope i get barricade or close to it

hope it's a better show than some of the other recent shows

honestly i see why people are kinda mad about her shows this tour, especially fans who have been to see her before, but for me it'll be heavenly no matter how tomorrow goes down because at the end of the day every song she's written and released in some way, shape, or form, has had a tremendous impact on my life personally, and to hear it performed live, (even if she half asses it sometimes), will blow me away regardless, i think. im so excited.

giphy.gif

I was surprised how she said a completely different story about her firsrt meeting with Jack compared to the story she told over and over again during that week of interviews. But this story was better.

Yeah I noticed that too  :creep: maybe asking her the same question 15 times has its place

Well, taking her underwhelming tour and tour drama into consideration, she should rerelease the album

1. Tour fucking babies

2. Private plane complex

3. Annoyed bitch

6. Late song

7. Laziness girl

14. Tours are the dangerous things for a singer like me to have - but I hate them

Only the lucky ones get Season of the Which Song Are We Doing Now?

If Lana would be clever she would start to sing more Nfr songs. Her fans beg and ask her to for example to sing California and Happiness is a Butterfly. She tried it but messed up with the lyrics. If she would clever she could learn between the shows some of her OWN LYRICS and can perform at least some Nfr songs acapella in full and with the right lyrics. I say acapella bc I now it would be to much work for her to show the band how to disappear  to play those songs. And maybe there is not enough time between the shows to learn the Nfr songs now but she could show the band how to play the songs weeks ago :facepalm:  Ad I'm sure they could learn the songs very fast bc her band is good and Blake is for example a very good guitarist. On the other Hand fans are begging for years that Lana sing for  example The blackest Day, Heroin or many other songs. They wanted her to sing Get free, she did it acapella but why is she not able to understand that she could play these songs in full lenghth  with instrumentation and make the fans happy. 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Lana performing with Joan Baez at last night's show at the Greek Theatre in Berkley, CA

I'm glad LDR's performing Joni Mitchell songs--she did a serviceable job on the one verse of 'For Free' she sang in her concert--and dueting with the likes of Joan Baez, but she sounds terrible here. 

If Lana would be clever she would start to sing more Nfr songs. Her fans beg and ask her to for example to sing California and Happiness is a Butterfly. She tried it but messed up with the lyrics. If she would clever she could learn between the shows some of her OWN LYRICS and can perform at least some Nfr songs acapella in full and with the right lyrics. I say acapella bc I now it would be to much work for her to show the band how to disappear  to play those songs. And maybe there is not enough time between the shows to learn the Nfr songs now but she could show the band how to play the songs weeks ago :facepalm:  Ad I'm sure they could learn the songs very fast bc her band is good and Blake is for example a very good guitarist. On the other Hand fans are begging for years that Lana sing for  example The blackest Day, Heroin or many other songs. They wanted her to sing Get free, she did it acapella but why is she not able to understand that she could play these songs in full lenghth  with instrumentation and make the fans happy. 

exactly. that's part of the reason i don't like her dancers, because their presence (which is unnecessary anyways) make it harder to change up the setlist as they needed to learn new choreos and stuff, so the performances i feel aren't as flexible as they were during the Paradise tour or the festival tour after UV's release. they also lowkey make me uncomfortable but that's just me.

also i'm clueless why she sings doin' time when it's only a cover. like i get it, it has a lot of streams, but the people who pay 99 euros to see her live are probably not the casual listeners, but the hardcore ones who want to listen to her own songs, not a cover she made for a documentary. it's taking up a valuable spot in the setlist, that could be california, love song, terrence loves you or west coast.  :$

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

exactly. that's part of the reason i don't like her dancers, because their presence (which is unnecessary anyways) make it harder to change up the setlist as they needed to learn new choreos and stuff, so the performances i feel aren't as flexible as they were during the Paradise tour or the festival tour after UV's release. they also lowkey make me uncomfortable but that's just me.

also i'm clueless why she sings doin' time when it's only a cover. like i get it, it has a lot of streams, but the people who pay 99 euros to see her live are probably not the casual listeners, but the hardcore ones who want to listen to her own songs, not a cover she made for a documentary. it's taking up a valuable spot in the setlist, that could be california, love song, terrence loves you or west coast.  :$

Agree 100%  

I can understand when she sings her bigger songs like SSadness, Btd, Doin Time on festivals bc there are people who maybe now only Lanas bigger songs or her Born to die songs. But on her own shows are mostly real fans or the hardcore fans and she can sing every song from her discography to them even leaked  songs and we would know and like them. It would be so amazing  if she would perform California, Love Song , The  blackest Day, west Coast or Terrence live :flutter:

She could at least perform the songs  live she put out as singles aka Filly and The greatest

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

hope it's a better show than some of the other recent shows 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This tour is a hot mess, it's the gift that keeps on giving for all the wrong reasons

i never understand why she wouldnt perform How To Disappear at her OWN shows :rip:

she just did that at the Apple Event in front of everyone :rip:

she's even clever in scamming people money with her lazy a$$  :lmao:

giphy.gif

1. Tour fucking babies

2. Private plane complex

3. Annoyed bitch

6. Late song

7. Laziness girl

Omg I just lost it in the middle of work. I'm screaming