Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Ok since we're all dragging NFR now, like we anticipated...

I love Cinnamon Girl but it's the type of song she needs to stop putting in albums. I've come to enjoy HTD. TNBAR shouldn't be on the album, I was never a big fan of the demo and I don't mind the change in the lyrics. But it sounds so boring, I skip it every time. I wasn't into Bartender very much but I really like it now. The album would be perfect with just 11 tracks. Doin' Time as a song is great but it shouldn't be in the album either. And I'm sorry I know Hope is gorgeous and I get why a lot of people love it, it's beautifully written but I can barely listen to it. So that's that.

Honest and well said. 'CG' is too much in the style of 'Religion,' but with a few highs and lows, fewer dramatic turns.   

She said October, but as we know October doesn't necessarily mean October. October can mean March.

My ARTPOP could mean anything teas :rip:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

the nfr cover reminds me of this selena shoot 

original.jpg

WOW.

:ohmy:

Where is that Zane Lowe interview that was filmed on the beach? 

I heard that it was cancelled and that he interviewed Camila Cabello instead, but I don't recall who told me that or why that happened so ... take it with a grain of salt.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

mentally unstable losers, who all live in their parents basements blasting Sad Girl as they wait for their Hot Pockets to come out of the microwave.

no thanks, hot pockets arent vegan

it's just the way i feel

promise this is the last time i bring this up but this is actually what a nice piano sounds like, jack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMGh3Ts5-WQ

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

promise this is the last time i bring this up but this is actually what a nice piano sounds like, jack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMGh3Ts5-WQ

do you mean to say that not all piano based songs have a cheap-y and tinny tone about them? I'm shocked.

my problem with the production on NFR is that there is not enough variety, as well as the fact that the piano and strings sound kind of cheap-ish. It's not a bad album by any means, but it's certainly not her magnum opus. 

It's certainly her magnum opus... unless there's some brilliant, super secret Lana album that the rest of us haven't heard yet? Have you heard White Hot Forever?

tenor.gif

It's certainly her magnum opus... unless there's some brilliant, super secret Lana album that the rest of us haven't heard yet? Have you heard White Hot Forever?

tenor.gif

Interesting, Wet Hot American Summer White Hot Forever is not out yet? But I do have heard of Ultraviolence and Honeymoon which are both her magnum opuses? And actually have good production and mixing creds.

tenor.gif?itemid=5638876

This is dry. :hooker:

Venice Bitch will forever be my favorite from NFR. It never gets old. Like I'm so glad we have it, it's so beautiful.

if she decided to quit music after releasing Venice Bitch and The Greatest I wouldn't be mad y'all, her PEAK is here

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

ik a lot of people hate the setlist this tour, and i get that since most of you have probably seen her live before, but as someone who's never seen her live and is finally getting to in less than a week, I'm honestly really happy about the setlist and am still very excited to see my idol sing these songs. i wish she would add some honeymoon because it's my favorite album along with NFR!, but i have no problems with the songs she has been singing as i love every song she's ever released. <3

giphy.gif

Ok so I was a little disappointed with the full version of Happiness is a Butterfly. It was the song I was most excited for with the release of the album. The chorus is just insanely gorgeous. However, the verses don’t seem to fit with it as well. I’m always caught off guard when the chorus starts. It’s like 2 songs were morphed into one. It doesn’t flow smoothly imo. Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me?

Edit: honestly it sounds kinda like 3 songs morphed into one. 1) the verses 2) the chorus (“happiness is a butterfly”) and 3) the post-chorus (“I said don’t be a jerk”). The chorus and post-chorus flow better together than the verses and choruses, but they each could be parts of a separate song imo.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I love Cinnamon Girl but it's the type of song she needs to stop putting in albums.

Can you elaborate on this?

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

ik a lot of people hate the setlist this tour, and i get that since most of you have probably seen her live before, but as someone who's never seen her live and is finally getting to in less than a week, I'm honestly really happy about the setlist and am still very excited to see my idol sing these songs. i wish she would add some honeymoon because it's my favorite album along with NFR!, but i have no problems with the songs she has been singing as i love every song she's ever released. <3

that's how i felt at Jones Beach. it was such a good time.

giphy.gif