Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

ok but it still sounds to me that ur kissing ass what's ur point

And it sounds like you’re randomly bringing out personal attacks for no reason.

Β 

How is it kissing ass to say that the volume change in the instrumental section at 3:32 ish in HTD is done for artistic purposes? That is my interpretation of it. The whole song has an interplay between the vocals and backing.

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch-Β Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

LMAO Sis vs Calvin Klein lawsuit incoming

Β 

IbE2kJa.png

Β 

why did she go for thatΒ hideous pop art font/style for the cover this eraΒ  :rip:

you know it’s true

Uh, no. Honeymoon is phenomenal.

Β 

You as a user kill me. all of your posts, I’m either like β€œyaaaas I agree 100%” or I’m like β€œnah girl...” there is no in between. And for this, I love you. You contain multitudes :kiss3:

LIZARD PEOPLE

If you think the very obvious volume increase in HTD was "carefully chosen and placed" to create a "retro and timeless" sound, then there's nothing more to say.

Β 

There are glaring technical errors that are not conducive to creating a "retro and timeless" sound. They're mistakes, and anyone with experience in sound production knows it.

Β 

Whatever, though. If it's you love it then good for you.

I don't even need to answer, as other people did it perfectly for me :hooker:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

maxdenhaag, on 29 Sept 2019 - 4:28 PM, said:

Β 

Suddenly all these mistakes and amateur-ish mishaps are considered like purposeful artistic decisions? I mean, at this point they will just say whatever to try and elevate what was a very lackluster album production and mixing and try to make it sound deep and artistic. Looking back at her previous albums, that's just baffling, even Lust for Life was more intricate in some regards (just on a production point of view to be clear).

Lana was the one who wanted that sound for NFR. It's not Jack's fault. He did exactly what she wanted. Have you heard Taylor Swift "Lover" album? Jack produced Taylor's album too and I can tell, the mix and sound quality of the album is superb. Lots of bridges, instrumentals and great mix in "Lover".

Β 

This is like when Chuck works with other artists, the results are gorgeous but when she works with Lana, it's boring.

Β 

We can yell at Chuck and Jack until we're blue in the face but it's not their fault for how NFR sounds or why the photos or video look boring. Blame Lana.

If you think the very obvious volume increase in HTD was "carefully chosen and placed" to create a "retro and timeless" sound, then there's nothing more to say.Β 

Β 

There are glaring technical errors that are not conducive to creating a "retro and timeless" sound. They'reΒ  mistakes, and anyone with experience in sound production knows it.Β 

Β 

Whatever, though. If it's you love it then good for you.Β 

Β 

I bet Lana heard the audio mistakes and told Jack to leave it as it is because she's too lazy to have it fixed.Β 

Β 

We know how lazy Lana is. It's no secret.Β  :toofunny:

LMAO Sis vs Calvin Klein lawsuit incoming

Β 

IbE2kJa.png

Β 

Β 

He didn't invent that font. He has no grounds to sue.Β 

What happened to the nfr music video

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

Ok since we're all dragging NFR now, like we anticipated...

Β 

I love Cinnamon Girl but it's the type of song she needs to stop putting in albums. I've come to enjoy HTD. TNBAR shouldn't be on the album, I was never a big fan of the demo and I don't mind the change in the lyrics. But it sounds so boring, I skip it every time. I wasn't into Bartender very much but I really like it now. The album would be perfect with just 11 tracks. Doin' Time as a song is great but it shouldn't be in the album either. And I'm sorry I know Hope is gorgeous and I get why a lot of people love it, it's beautifully written but I can barely listen to it. So that's that.

There's a reason why NFR recieved massive, universal acclaim and why it hasΒ attracted so many non-fans in a way her previous albums didn't.

Β 

Of course those people who expect Lana to always sound the same (dramatic, mysterious, cinematic) won't like it that much. And that's ok.

Β 

But it's been more than a month now. Aren't y'all tired of posting the same ''Jack's production sucks'' propaganda over and over again?

Β 

tenor.gif

There's a reason why NFR recieved massive, universal acclaim and why it hasΒ attracted so many non-fans in a way her previous albums didn't.

Β 

Of course those people who expect Lana to always sound the same (dramatic, mysterious, cinematic) won't like it that much. And that's ok.

Β 

But it's been more than a month now. Aren't y'all tired of posting the same ''Jack's production sucks'' propaganda over and over again?

Β 

tenor.gif

Exactly. Don't even bother rationalizing with these mentally unstable losers, who all live in their parents basements blasting Sad Girl as they wait for their Hot Pockets to come out of the microwave. First they loved it, then they switch like *******. They're just going to have to suffer with the reality that NFR! is her most critically acclaimed for a reason, and Lana won't be shooting up methamphetamines and getting with Barrie any time soon.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedΒ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

tenor.gif

Β 

I couldn't care less what critics have to say about Lana's music, the critics that have "praised" Lana on NFR, are the very same critics that have been disregarding her since the very beginning. Their words don't mean much, just saying. Also aren't you the fan that comes here just to shit on all her albums and say the words "magnum opus" like 11240749 times day? Aren't you tired too?Β 

Β 

tenor.gif