Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

It's probably just because of the Ultraviolence video but I see and hear this potential so vividly. It feels like it would've fit more with her older femme fatale approach in terms of image and lyrics, but who knows, she might return there one day.

They’re definitely still friends. She wrote Coachella after she was in the crowd with Josh’s (FJM) wife, so maybe she would be down. Especially after the Freak video, this is all i’ve wanted is one song, let alone an entire record lol

but you’re right, who knows, she’s definitely a chameleon with a disco ball mind cx

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Imagine an album produced by David Kahne, Dan Auerbach and Kevin Parker :legend:

She needs to do psychedelic rock and I don't care how. She just needs to.

Yes she does!!! VB is exceptional and it's not even full-on psychedelic

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

THIIIIIIIIISSSSSS

what would you guys want to see more and less of on this album? personally,

more: psychedelic guitars and psychedelic atmosphere overall, venice bitch and ultraviolence/west coast style

less: piano-based songs. i really enjoy them, but i think we've had plenty on NFR and i'd like to see it switched up!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I've been really into WestCoast lately, go back there bebe

(wow I posted that and it's so irrelevant oops)

I think Lana should definitely go down the psych-rock vibe for WHF, play with strong structures and just do something ~funkier~

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I've been really into WestCoast lately, go back there bebe

(wow I posted that and it's so irrelevant oops)

I think Lana should definitely go down the psych-rock vibe for WHF, play with strong structures and just do something ~funkier~

deffff agree!! particularly the point about song structures. we didn't even have bridges or proper outros on many of NFR's songs, so their structures, at times, could get repetitive 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

What I'd like to see more and really hope she continues to do is the coherence and consistence in the lyrics. Since Honeymoon, she's putting out projects that reference themselves throughout the tracks. On Honeymoon, you have the time travel thing, even in the production. On Lust for Life, the songs all take place nearby black beaches, and Norman songs tell a day-in-the-life story and there are lyrical sections on the record, e.g Mariners-Venice-Fuck It, Bartender-Happiness-Hope.

I'd really like for her to move into a more airy, bright and romantic production, almost like a fairytale.

I picture and album not so heavily piano driven, but when used it's for more complex melodies like Bartender.

I think she would sound lovely with harp, Id'd like to see her use more saxophones and flutes as seen in HM, I think they complement her music very well.

And I would Love if she experimented more with mundane real life sounds, the birds and film reel sounds on Is This Happiness are truly lovely.

And in terms of vocals I would love to keep hearing her as clear as she's sounding right now, with zero reverb, but I'd love to see her trying more different melodies with her backing vocals and for them to be more prominent.

Idk why but I feel like I picture an album like Bjork's Utopia in my head, but you know, with actual melodies :hottie:

Jk Utopia I love u

PS: I'd really liked if it was shorter, like 10 tracks to avoid meh songs like TNBAR to slip into the tracklist and lower her +90 metascore :slay:

8nl2OpX.png

Lonerism is a good album and Currents is my favorite of his (but tbh my bf has a first pressing special edition vinyl copy of Innerspeaker and i’m very proud to say that i’ll be listening to that soon when we get a place together in the near future bc i fucking love that album)

Kevin has been one of those producers that, you’re right, is very particular about what he makes. He makes absolute fucking jams, the entire Currents album changed my life at the end of high school for me, something like a cross between Eventually with Lana’s voice oooo....

Also, can we get FJM and his team working on an album with Lana? PLEASE? A collab record just with him. Imagine a I Love You Honeybear + Lana or a God’s Favorite Customer + Lana omg

Lonerism is a modern psychedelic masterpiece imho (and it was deemed so in a couple of decade end lists as well). It's honestly one of my favourite albums of all time. Currents is an amazing record as well I live for the sorta lava lamp/psychedelic 80s synth atmosphere, but I did prefer the lowfi/neo-psychedelic approach of Lonerism. I want a psychedelic record from Lana at all costs.

Anyway, both are amazing records that cement Kevin Parker as an important figure on the current music scene. I want him and Lana to collab so bad, but I feel like it's a bit far fetched.  :toofunny:

He did an amazing record with his then girlfriend Melody Prochet: the self titled album Melody's Echo Chamber. It's a fantastic album that almost feels like a sister album to Lonerism. He can def work with other artists and bring out the best in them with his own approach. The song Some Time Alone, Alone slaps so hard.

A FJM collab would be amazing too. I Love You Honeybear is one of my favourites as well!

She NEEDS to do more songs like Freak and Cherry oh my fucking gosh the beauty of the trap beats and guitars. Also, just rewatched the Freak video and is that Pure Heroine on the record player?

giphy.gif

Idk why but I have a feeling that this album will be LFL sister but without the collabs  :toofunny:  That title.... I'm just keeping my expectations very low I guess

the first time i heard “white hot forever” i literally thought it was a lyric to the lfl title track that i’d forgotten

it's just the way i feel

still not feeling the (alleged) title, first lana album title im not feeling. when she announced Norman Fucking Rockwell I was like wow.. a genius.. a mastermind... but White Hot Forever? nothing.

qfrWuBl.png

I’ve been saying this for years. Flipside and West Coast gave us a pinch of what that’d sound like and i miss it so much. I need this to happen again

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

An album titled "White Hot Forever" should definitely have a psychedelic, grungy rock sound. Something in the same vein as Cruel World, Freak, Guns & Roses, Wayamaya. I'd hate this see this album be full of piano ballads, not that I dislike them or anything. I feel like NFR was a huge improvement from LFL and I want her to continue the momentum and reach out of her comfort zone. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

still not feeling the (alleged) title, first lana album title im not feeling. when she announced Norman Fucking Rockwell I was like wow.. a genius.. a mastermind... but White Hot Forever? nothing.

NFR as an album title always rubbed me the wrong way personally

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

NFR as an album title always rubbed me the wrong way personally

Oh it rubbed me the right way

More explicit album titles PLEASE

giphy.gif

I’ve been saying this for years. Flipside and West Coast gave us a pinch of what that’d sound like and i miss it so much. I need this to happen again

Like imagine the trippiness of High By The Beach and Freak in an actual rock song