Elle

3 Part Video for Norman Fucking Rockwell, Bartender, & Happiness is a Butterfly - OUT NOW

I really liked seeing her playing piano. I thought she only knew guitar...? But I honestly like seeing her playing in general, don't know why...

I’m pretty sure she’s pretending to play the piano :creep:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I just found it super odd to think this is the same woman who delivered National Anthem\Ride\Tropico (hell, even Summertime Sadness and Born To Die) and then... well. iPhone Vintage App happened.

Things started to slow down by Ultraviolence (because West Coast is cute but there's nothing much going on and Shades Of Cool is ok. The title track... we just don't talk about that. Not after what she did with the original video which was probably going to be on her top3 with the ones mentioned above).

Is not that the videos are bad or anything but most of the time they're really boring now. I guess I kinda miss the storytelling instead of... just looking gorgeous. 

I just found it super odd to think this is the same woman who delivered National Anthem\Ride\Tropico (hell, even Summertime Sadness and Born To Die) and then... well. iPhone Vintage App happened.

Things started to slow down by Ultraviolence (because West Coast is cute but there's nothing much going on and Shades Of Cool is ok. The title track... we just don't talk about that. Not after what she did with the original video which was probably going to be on her top3 with the ones mentioned above).

Is not that the videos are bad or anything but most of the time they're really boring now. I guess I kinda miss the storytelling instead of... just looking gorgeous. 

But also her debut video was Video Games so there's that :rip:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I completely agree, I never expect much from her music videos anymore. Doin’ Time was quite entertaining though, maybe because it actually had a story to tell.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

most people find the style she used in national anthem/ ride / tropico to be unsettling or over the top

and now Lana is more and more like most people  :smokes3:

she is moving towards the happy and simple. which isn't bad but it is distinct from her older stuff. mostly I think that Lana doesn't take things as seriously as she did when she was younger, when she was more idealistic and passionate about extreme artistic expression

Because back then she had real directors and i expect a more ambitious vision. Maybe if Chuck left her alone we may get some of it back. We saw in The Greatest and FIILY, even Doin Time videos that she is immensly great when she's working with proffesionals so she still has it in her but, sadly also a sister with her

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

loved the cute animations of bambi and the rain and lightening but really didn't enjoy the video. it feels like you've seen all the footage before bar a few parts ): 

But also her debut video was Video Games so there's that :rip:

As a debut, we can imagine she didn't have the budget nnnn. It's the same thing from the Lizzy days

I completely agree, I never expect much from her music videos anymore. Doin’ Time was quite entertaining though, maybe because it actually had a story to tell.

I fucking forgot Doin' Time that's a classic that IS a classic and probably her top5 videos

Not sure I ever mentioned that I got teary eyed when Giant Lana  helps Lizzy???? like BITCH.

and now Lana is more and more like most people  :smokes3:

mostly I think that Lana doesn't take things as seriously as she did when she was younger, when she was more idealistic and passionate about extreme artistic expression

these are all really bad things lol - if being interesting and artistic means being looked down upon by boring people then so be it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Because back then she had real directors and i expect a more ambitious vision. Maybe if Chuck left her alone we may get some of it back. We saw in The Greatest and FIILY, even Doin Time videos that she is immensly great when she's working with proffesionals so she still has it in her but, sadly also a sister with her

Well, she is the one to pick directors and stuff, I'm sure if she wanted someone else she could easily call someone. I believe her main problem is much more "I just had this AMAZING idea, Chuck come to my house now with the iPhone app and we have some work to do".

Even with big directors she... managed to fuck things up.

See: Ultraviolence-Music To Watch Boys To-Freak

Next Best American Record-White Mustang.

They were MEANT to be GREAT and the final result is... good. At best I guess.

Putting on her sunglasses a million times is the new putting on her headphones for the billionth time from MtWtBt. Out with the old.

Anyway, cute hecho en casa video with recycled footage. I liked the animation. And, I don’t know what else to add. I am glad my expectations were non-existent.

source.gif

I think it's cute and better than Honeymoon and Ultraviolence so I'll take it.

Please delete this disgusting comment as soon as possible.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

the greatest/fiily had allusions to her old videos, but it was nothing like them. the older videos were marked by daring, grand, beautiful emotional truth that no one but Lana was honest, talented, or cool enough to portray accurately

portraying an emotion accurately can sometime only be done through the use of non-naturalistic storytelling

and nfr is Lanas most naturalistic record yet obviously. but the lust for life videos weren't good either. love tried and failed, white mustang video is a flop if there ever was one. so I think Lana is just more reserved in her willingness to portray very strong emotions

these are all really bad things lol - if being interesting and artistic means being looked down upon by boring people then so be it

I agree ! I don't like it either, which is what I was expressing. trying not to be too harsh though... I always come around to appreciate Lanas stuff more over time

oh shit, mm yeah.

You can read my about my confusion in the previous page :hooker: But I didn’t get major Cali vibes from this video, maybe because we didn’t get to see that many California-esque things like palm trees, beaches, super long traffic lines..?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png