Elle

3 Part Video for Norman Fucking Rockwell, Bartender, & Happiness is a Butterfly - OUT NOW

I respect this opinion but I honestly don't think she thinks about it too deeply. That doesn't mean that the viewer can't draw their own conclusions, just that I really think it's ... well, mish-mash. "Having fun with her friends". And keeping her sister employed. 

I mean she knows that her fans read everything into everything so she probably thinks she can put up whatever and people will like it for that reason. I think she has done something similar with her lyrics on NFR, but that's another discussion.

I definitely get u on that. Inversely, the fact that its so simple makes it a lot simpler to deviate the technicalities and onto other things. Like, proof in the pieces of film pudding based off the simple constant randomness if that makes sense. Like, enter Ed Edd n Eddy, meets real life. No doubt its a lot softer than most of her previous stuff forsure

UV/Honeymoon

inb4 "Lana doesnt give a fuck about you! Lana doesnt owe you anything! You will take what you get and you will praise her for it or you take your opinion out to the farthest dumpster at a Jack In The Box in the outskirts LA where it belongs!"

but for real its like, hon, you have the most (undeserved) acclaimed album of the entire year and possibly decade, and we get this joke? why put so much effort into the animations for such a pointless video?  why even film it?  just sing it for the babies on the tourlyfe and let them film it for you.

I respect this opinion but I honestly don't think she thinks about it too deeply. That doesn't mean that the viewer can't draw their own conclusions, just that I really think it's ... well, mish-mash. "Having fun with her friends". And keeping her sister employed. 

this. i wish people would realise that DIY or a 'simple aesthetic' doesn't have to be absolute garbage. it doesn't. at all. that's the whole point. this has gone beyond subtlety and is just pure laziness, particularly when you compare it to her lizzie grant era 'homemade videos', they were of a different, far better standard entirely and now she has all this creative freedom and financial perks on top. it's a joke

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

i figured bartender would be low budget and simple but hugely ethereal and filmed in the desert with lana in a black sunhat and shades killing a charles manson-type man in a tux with witchcraft who was also a love interest. she'd have her coven around her all dressed similarly, they'd be laughing, there'd be a little table with fine china on it. there'd be evening shots of a flaming bonfire. somehow they'd all get away with it at the end and do a getaway drive. god. the disappointment.

"shutup divebar"

"ok."

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

i figured bartender would be low budget and simple but hugely ethereal and filmed in the desert with lana in a black sunhat and shades killing a charles manson-type man in a tux with witchcraft who was also a love interest. she'd have her coven around her all dressed similarly, they'd be laughing, there'd be a little table with fine china on it. there'd be evening shots of a flaming bonfire. somehow they'd all get away with it at the end and do a getaway drive. god. the disappointment.

"shutup divebar"

"ok."

hey, yes, um, benjamin? fund this asap

it's just the way i feel

@ seriously, footage of a live performance is such a classic music video move, and i think thatd be way better than whatever is happening here.  like shes giving us rich girls throwing shit at cops and somehow not getting arrested for assault or gunned down?  talking on the phone in a parking lot with facial expressions not matching the emotion of the song?  like, she cant even be bothered to lip sync in time with the lyrics.  i know im kinda a hater but like, cmon lana

inb4 "Lana doesnt give a fuck about you! Lana doesnt owe you anything! You will take what you get and you will praise her for it or you take your opinion out to the farthest dumpster at a Jack In The Box in the outskirts LA where it belongs!"

but for real its like, hon, you have the most (undeserved) acclaimed album of the entire year and possibly decade, and we get this joke? why put so much effort into the animations for such a pointless video?  why even film it?  just sing it for the babies on the tourlyfe and let them film it for you.

I'm legit going to frame your comment.   :diva:

8qohb3L.png

"Yeah, hello? This is Esmeralda; is this the Prune Brothers? Yeah, you better get over here right now! I need it — prune juice, right away!"

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

"shutup divebar"

"ok."

That would be very very interesting...

giphy.gif

this is one of her most forgettable videos ever...

it isn't terrible but it's almost just nothing at certain parts

and we've also already seen the majority of it so there's that

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

This video was OK nothing out of the ordinary for her

and Lana didn't want to release the Honeymoon music video because nothing happens... lol. 

Don't you dare come for Godlymoon MV. The artistry and talentry of it  :xcry:

???, ?????????

this is one of her most forgettable videos ever...

it isn't terrible but it's almost just nothing at certain parts

and we've also already seen the majority of it so there's that

and Lana didn't want to release the Honeymoon music video because nothing happens... lol. 

My thought exactly. It's not terrible, it's just not impressive or that interesting. It's just a collage of random footage Lana thought looked nice and cute and mod podged the whole thing together with a vintage filter and called it a day (footage that we had already seen a year prior to the video I might add).

At this point with Honeymoon at least there was somewhat of a narrative, with the triple video it's not much that it's boring or lazy, it's just that it's so random and unrelated to the songs. It's very middle of the road.

Don't you dare come for Godlymoon MV. The artistry and talentry of it :xcry:

I was pointing out that Lana didn't want to release that video because nothing happens, but she released this one in which literally nothing happens. For the record, i love the honeymoon video.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

“Drove down to sunset in the truck, I’ll pick you up if you’re in town on the corner” as she stands next to her pickup truck. Pick up, truck. Interesting choice, makes me think she did the lyric “i’ll pick you up” as a small nod to what kind of truck from another song where she says “they don’t know what car i drive”

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I just finished watching the new 3 part video. 

giphy.gif

I always envisioned Bartender to take place in a forest type setting with ethereal tones. Maybe some beach scenes in between. Never in a million years did I think it was going to be a video of a giddy Lana sticking her head out of a car, throwing her sandwich and drink at a cop car. What a missed opportunity. The video could have been low budget as it is and still filmed beautifully.  I don't understand the background explosions or the space planes flying around or the other weird special affects. The visuals does not match the beautiful songs, especially with Bartender.  :facepalm:

At least it was finally released.  :rip:

Let's be honest. It's bad and that was to be expected. Lame concept, weak lypsyncing and no one wants to see her cringy background dancers. The "special effects" ... let's not talk about it.

It's just boring during NFR and HIAB, but Bartender DEFINITLY deserved better than this "we are the coolest gurls in middle school"-treatment. Like really ... this is as cringy as it gets.

So it's not just me. Thank goodness because I'm seeing comments on other Lana fan pages and YouTube and they refer to this 3 part video as a masterpiece. I thought it was just me. 

The Craft is playing in my room. The aesthetics of that movie mixed with Practical Magic - Bartender playing in the background...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif