Elle

3 Part Video for Norman Fucking Rockwell, Bartender, & Happiness is a Butterfly - OUT NOW

this was cute.

:defeated: 

i can't at all your delusional's that rage at chuck for these videos, when you good god damn well know it's Lana's choice and she's just going along with it like we all are.

oh my God when she was sitting in front of the pool with the blue notes spilling out the back, i got chills. so beautiful! the NFR bit gave me a bit of Regina Spektor vibes (visual wise). i got super baked before watching this and it just put me at such ease wow

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I mean she still delivered three amazing and professional music videos this era so this short film is more like something she did just because she felt like doing it. I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to be taken seriously like The Greatest, for example, it's just her being silly and having fun with her art. Is this her best visual effort? No, but I think it's cute and better than Honeymoon and Ultraviolence so I'll take it.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Literally everything about this music video is pointless by now. NFR footage? Most of it teased ages ago and not much new to see here other than laying on a hammock awkwardly. Bartender footage? Entire thing was shown OVER A YEAR AGO disguised as MAC and VB, only difference was they added some audio and cops. Happiness is a butterfly footage? Again, we've seen the entire thing on her instagram before  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana: Just because you add all of these things into a 14 minute video doesnt make anything different :rip: She should've just released this back during the album rollout because u are lying to yourself if you say that you genuinly enjoyed this, well its cute but are many people actually gonna watch this again even IF u enjoyed it?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

WaitwaitwaitWAIT. Wait. Is there a story? Why the Disney animals animations, to add a touch of innocence and playfulness? What’s up with the explosions and airplanes, I get that they might tell a story of chaos in the background of the life she’s living but then they just disappear by the third song? I thought the war theme would continue and become worse! Is this just a mashup of random footage of the girls having fun? Is Lana dreaming of an alternative life with girlfriends who are there to support her, and we get to see that dream of hers in the sunglasses? Or was that just a cool transition? I kinda felt like it almost had a story in the two first songs and then it just went downhill by the last one, so I really don’t know.

Bartender was the best part, I was not expecting that. Explosions and war planes in the background while tossing food at two cops(?). (I feel bad for ruining good food though lol) NFR was a cute introduction and I hadn’t expected more of it based on what we had already seen. Happiness... I’m not sure. I was hoping for something else or something more.

But it was a cute video and I think I’ll watch it again sometime.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

WaitwaitwaitWAIT. Wait. Is there a story? Why the Disney animals animations, to add a touch of innocence and playfulness? What’s up with the explosions and airplanes, I get that they might tell a story of chaos in the background of the life she’s living but then they just disappear by the third song? I thought the war theme would continue and become worse! Is this just a mashup of random footage of the girls having fun? Is Lana dreaming of an alternative life with girlfriends who are there to support her, and we get to see that dream of hers in the sunglasses? Or was that just a cool transition?

Bartender was the best part, I was not expecting that. Explosions and war planes in the background while tossing food at two cops(?). (I feel bad for ruining good food though lol) NFR was a cute introduction and I hadn’t expected more of it based on what we had already seen. Happiness... I’m not sure. I was hoping for something else or something more.

But it was a cute video and I think I’ll watch it again sometime.

If she had put more thought into it I'm sure she could've created a nice video with a great storyline. HIAB is so out of place because suddenly all that chaos just vanished like what's up with that? Maybe if she showed herself getting away from all that war and finding a "safe" place it could've been better, but I bet she wasn't paying much attention to storyline or anything like that lmao

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Lana must really love that backup singer as a friend to keep her in the video despite her ummmm... strong facial expressions and body language

lana and one dancer are there being cute and girly and cool 

and then the third girl is looking at everything like she's me aged 14 desperately trying to look aggressive and sexy for the first time but ummmm not being very subtle at all