Elle

3 Part Video for Norman Fucking Rockwell, Bartender, & Happiness is a Butterfly - OUT NOW

That was what I gathered from it as well and I couldn't express it.

I don't know why people can't get over the fact that she's not interested in doing these big budget music videos anymore.

Or that she's "tamed" now. Like I couldn't disagree more, but that's just my opinion.

Mm, when it comes to that, I think regardless, she doesn't have to anymore. I mean heyo, this seemed more like a fun project than anything. After releasing vids for FIILY/Greatest and DT, this seems more like it's just for fans if anything. Not to undermine any principles or sound dismissive by ways of being grateful, but it just really seems that way by this way of the vid. Her  expressing herself this way doesn't make it any less, it's just diff from what we expect, dry def. 

There's still plenty of material to absorb, it's just not what others might want or expect yeah 

UV/Honeymoon

If you watched the clip for 'Born to Die' and then this back to back you would think her label had dropped her.

Very cute. The animation is an unexpected choice but really isn't distinctive enough to save the video from being boring. I don't think this will ever warrant a repeat watch.

Hopefully the release of this means the end of this pauvre theatre aesthetic.

3lfQEhw.png

Honestly, I think she does shit like this to keep Chuckles employed. 

It's just irritating when you stop and think about what she could have done. I felt the same way about MAC and VB. Especially VB because she had 9 minutes to play with and there was so much time/potential to tell a story. 

MVs don't have to be high budget for me to like them, but they do have to tell a story/show progression. This is just a mish-mash of random shenanigans, and that's my issue with it. I don't feel that it does any of these songs justice. I don't want to associate terrible pool-dwelling jellyfish with NFR, or taco throwing with Bartender, so I won't watch again. 

For me, DT was the best MV from this era because it actually told a story. FIILY/TG was high budget mish-mash, and this is low budget mish-mash. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I personally love the mash-mash. it's easier to draw out ur imagination w them, and come up w patterns or notice how slight details play into what the record and everything else tries to hold together w what she's trying to say. Like it's easier to read between the lines thru. They're like, supplements to the music, these vids, and it's real calming imo 

UV/Honeymoon

I personally love the mash-mash. it's easier to draw out ur imagination w them, and come up w patterns or notice how slight details play into what the record and everything else tries to hold together w what she's trying to say. Like it's easier to read between the lines thru. They're like, supplements to the music, these vids, and it's real calming imo 

I respect this opinion but I honestly don't think she thinks about it too deeply. That doesn't mean that the viewer can't draw their own conclusions, just that I really think it's ... well, mish-mash. "Having fun with her friends". And keeping her sister employed. 

I mean she knows that her fans read everything into everything so she probably thinks she can put up whatever and people will like it for that reason. I think she has done something similar with her lyrics on NFR, but that's another discussion. 

Why I wanted to ask about the other peeps who aren't from California is because, at least for me, my intuition's been firing on and off in the vids for more reasons than one, bc growing up around here, it's definitely a lot more immersive in experience. And I fucking don't wanna sound territorial or condescending, but I think what she's doing is taking away the glamour from what Hollywood offers, she moves past it, and gives u an average free day of what it's like in LA. Not to make anyone feel unincluded at all, but it's incredibly local-feeling. This is what the culture's downtime in youth can be like sometimes. 

Totally agree on this. I was surprised that someone said it didn't look like California because as someone who has lived in LA for several years now, that looks so LA. You are totally right though, its definitely a more day-in-the-life version of it rather than how its usually depicted. Some of the shots in HIAB look like they were taken near my neighborhood to be honest, and they may very well have been since I live on the westside. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

its very cute, and it is quite awesome that she has taken seemingly artistic control...

with Normans success I hope she continues to have control  

this is the type of aesthetic she filmed her videos for mermaid motel and stuff way before rising to Fame and a record deal... and reminds me like the Honeymoon video she never released because "nothing happened" in it, 

Chuck does not need Lana to have jobs. Don't underestimate her please.

her work for other artists is literally not bad AT ALL so she can clearly hold a camera steady and use an actual camera at that

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

the amount of animations they used especially the effects on those glasses immediately reminded me of those kids who learn how to make a graph in Microsoft Excel and now they're just finding excuses to make graphs to show off the skill. they just are so excited that they can do something and they think it's super cool. or like when ninth graders smoke weed all the time because they think it's so cool. does that make sense

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Totally agree on this. I was surprised that someone said it didn't look like California because as someone who has lived in LA for several years now, that looks so LA. You are totally right though, its definitely a more day-in-the-life version of it rather than how its usually depicted. Some of the shots in HIAB look like they were taken near my neighborhood to be honest, and they may very well have been since I live on the westside. 

Oh mm no I totally get you on that. but to be fair, LA's pretty vast, n the areas can be pretty different depending on where u are, so benefit of the doubt for the other person who mentioned that. Maybe bc we live around here that we already know, but it sums up a lot of the areas. And- regardless, mm she did film this where she did and it's just nice to see when u think about it. The subcultures round here're always changing, like tf who keeps unofficially changing things, it's just weird lol and stuff, but I think the area's safe for the time being, 'least I hope. It's literally more of a transition area than a main one so I don't think it'll change as much anytime soon. I love how laidback it is and really hope it doesn't change too quickly. Another reason why I appreciate the vid is that it's kinda like a physical thing that sort of represents that. Like a living frame of it. Highkey happy it's still pretty mellow compared to other places. It's difficult to recognize some areas, even for me these days. That's LA for ya tho, part of it's charm. I'm ranting but u know what I mean right? 

UV/Honeymoon

It’s so bad...it feels like one big circle jerk with a shoestring budget.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Chuck does not need Lana to have jobs. Don't underestimate her please.

I'll estimate her however I please.  

She wouldn't get most of the jobs she gets if it wasn't for her sister and that's that on that. 

If you want to disagree with someone that's fine, but too often you seem to post solely with the intention of trying to shut down what someone else is saying, whilst offering no counter-argument. It's boring. 

I'll estimate her however I please.  

She wouldn't get most of the jobs she gets if it wasn't for her sister and that's that on that. 

If you want to disagree with someone that's fine, but too often you seem to post solely with the intention of trying to shut down what someone else is saying, whilst offering no counter-argument. It's boring.

Misogynistic pig

mod note: user was warned for this post

Misogynistic pig

How so?

If anyone thinks that Lana's connections and influence haven't greatly helped Chuck's career, they're kidding themselves. I'm sure even Chuck knows that.

I didn't say that her work is without merit, and my original comment was clearly a joke (or maybe not clearly ...)

@@LanaCharts I (a woman) am saying that a woman's success helped another woman's success. There are no men in the equation at all, so where's the misogyny, bro? I'm waiting.

i absolutely fucking HATE it what on earth was she thinking???????

not only was most of the footage recycled it didn't do the songs justice at all. she has on all accounts one of the best rated albums of 2019 according to critics and she puts out this. jesus

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live