Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

The Ultimate, Decade-End Lana Del Rey Ranking (NOW: VIDEOGRAPHY, Vote p.13)

I completely forgot I participated in this, and I’m a bit sad I missed out on the fun reveal of the list but at least I took courage and opened this thread now and read everything! Thank you so much for doing this @PARADIXO! <3

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

this is all so interesting and def opens up a lot of conversation!! thank you for this @PARADIXO!!  :smile3:

def a few surprises in the ranking, and a few robberies. my thoughts:

• Sooo happy to see West Coast as #1!!! One of my fav Lana songs EVER and without a doubt some of her objectively best work!! I'm definitely surprised but thrilled to have it there.
  • Video Games is my fav Lana song and in fact my fav song of all time, but I figured it was gonna be robbed of a high placement bc of overexposure for the hardcore fans. V v v glad it's top 5!!
  • As an Art Deco stan I am THRILLED by its placement!!! #28 is amazing considering what a random deep cut it is. I was expecting like, low 80s or something.
  • Also YESSSSS at Salvatore being in the top 20!!! Another one of my favs that I always considered to be really underrated.
  • Glad Born To Die placed in the top 10 as well. I know we're all sick of hearing Lana perform it live and it's such an obvious mainstream track and blah blah but honestly, what a banger and what a way to capture that entire era.
  • Poor LFL... this thread really brings into perspective just how much forgettable filler it had. That being said, it has brought into light some interesting ideas about objectivity vs subjectivity for me. For example, When The World Was At War is one of my fav Lana tracks because I just love how breezy and lackadaisical the chorus is, it gives me really soft summertime vibes, but I always figured most other fans wouldn't share my perspective and would more or less ignore it and it seems I was right. It's probably very forgettable for most, and objectively not a very exciting or enduring song. Still love it tho  :hooker:
  • DAYGLO REFLECTION DESERVED SOOOO MUCH BETTER, a solid 10/10 song for me
  • Sad to see Smarty so underrated, it's one of my fav AKA tracks. It's cheerful but twisted, sarcastic and sassy, a little taboo and always seducing.
  • Black Beauty really shocked me. I know it's a fan fave, but #2?? Really?? Can't argue with opinion I guess but as much as I like the song it doesn't seem deserving of that spot to me.
  • I know we like to clown her live performances of OTTR lmao but yeaaa it's a fkin banger. Everything that was fun about the BTD era (or I guess just the pre-NFR Lana) in one track: chaos, love, tragedy, drama, wit, high energy.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Where is Hope?

Note: "hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it" got extremely low ratings and it wasn't even going to make the top 100, which I (and I'm sorry if this is problematic) find unfair and simply untrue. So it has its own spot. Okay bye.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

112. "Some Things Last a Long Time" (2015)
This beautiful acoustic cover for the Hi How Are You Daniel Johnston soundtrack is a hidden gem in her discography that, sadly, only a few appreciate.

109. "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)" (2010)
One of her rockiest songs ever. When will Ultraviolence!

106. "Tomorrow Never Came" (with Sean Onno Lennon) (2017)
Hated at first and slightly appreciated now, this is without a doubt one her most polarizing tracks. Folk!

100. "Driving In Cars With Boys" (2010)
One of the best Born to Die unreleased songs. Even if it didn't make the tracklist, it is still one of the songs that helped craft the Lanaverse.

99. "How to disappear" (2019)
Not at all surprised this is now officially the worst song on Norman Fucking Rockwell! -- However, the album is so good even its poorest deep cut made the Top 100. Suffer, MXDH!

97. "I Can Fly" (2014)
Obviously the lesser of the two Big Eyes soundtracks.

92. "Life Is Beautiful" (2015)
The power that that has to even be here.

58. "Queen of the Gas Station" (2010)
This Lana Del Ray track is the epitome of the Lizzy Grant aesthetic.

52. "Mermaid Motel" (2010)
I think we can agree that Lana Del Ray was her most experimental, edgy album production-wise.

Why aren't these higher up?? Peopleeee these are MASTERPIECES  :defeated:

i_just_wanna_talk.gif

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

• As an Art Deco stan I am THRILLED by its placement!!! #28 is amazing considering what a random deep cut it is. I was expecting like, low 80s or something.

I know i'm so proud of art deco! Good for her, one of my fav songs ever (hence the username)

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

123. "Guns and Roses" (2014)
This Ultraviolence bonus track received hate from fans the instant it saw the light of the day. Be it its monotone chorus or extremely sleepy vocals (even for a Lana song), "Guns and Roses" is officially Del Rey's worst original solo song of the 2010s.

PARADIXO's commentary: I can see why people don't like it, but I still believe she has worse tracks. The production and its bridge are amazing.

I know I shouldn't be surprised G&R is THIS low, but to think my favorite song lost to Coachella and In My Feelings...  :crai: and then to find out my second favorite, Diet Mountain Dew, was ranked not too far above  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  At least Is This Happiness made the Top 50  :rollin:

Im sorry but brooklyn baby in the top 3 ughhhh tenor.gif that song is utter trash, and the fact that hope (which should have EASILY been top 10 wasnt even in the top 100... JAIL! JAIL ELECTRIC CHAIR I HATE U ALL

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Im sorry but brooklyn baby in the top 3 ughhhh tenor.gif that song is utter trash, and the fact that hope (which should have EASILY been top 10 wasnt even in the top 100... JAIL! JAIL ELECTRIC CHAIR I HATE U ALL

you were nominated for worst taste for a reason you know.  :usrs:

I'm quite upset with TNC and Change being ranked this low. And why on earth not even one song from Honeymoon made it to top 10? What the fuck?  :biblio:  Wild On You, Heroin and TLY could easily have make it to there, they should have taken that California's undeserved spot, even if I still like this song. Now Hope not even being ranked? HOPE? Gosh...  :wtf:

I'll give a few years. If Honeymoon didn't have this amount of fans in the beginning, then maybe Hope could suffer the same effect.  :brandy:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I could not believe the amount of 1s, 2s and 3s Hope got... the most underrated song ever. It's not even up to opinion. It's not a like-it-or-not song... what makes is so grand is its message and lyrics. It's beyond opinions.