Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

The Ultimate, Decade-End Lana Del Rey Ranking (NOW: VIDEOGRAPHY, Vote p.13)

We're Getting Near...

34. "Gods & Monsters" (2012)

Once a fan favorite we all thought we would move on from.

32. "Cherry" (2017)

No matter how much you hate or love Lust for Life, we know you twerked the shit out of this at the LA to the Moon Tour.

32. "Get Free" (2017)

This song marks the end of the first chapter in Lana Del Rey's discography.

31. "Mariners apartment complex" (2019)

And this one meant the beginning of a new era.

30. "Music to Watch Boys To" (2015)

This masterpiece is all Honeymoon stands for: rich instrumentation, colorful production, dreamy vocals and haunting lyrics.

29. "Fuck it I love you" (2019)

Fun yet subtly dark Norman single about self-realization.

28. "Art Deco" (2015)

Another highly interesting song in all possible ways, from no other than Honeymoon.

27. "Honeymoon" (2015)

This title track features unusual chord progressions, quiet yet tension-inducing production and marks the beginning of a more self-centered songwriting for Del Rey.

26. "Heroin" (2017)

The darkest song on Lust for Life has been subject of one of the greatest Lanaysis on this forum.

25. "Happiness is a butterfly" (2019)

Introspective, flirty, raw and human: that's Norman Fucking Rockwell!.

24. "13 Beaches" (2017)

Without a doubt, one of the Lust for Life tracks that aged the best.

23. "Flipside" (2014)

Perhaps the saddest Lana Del Rey song ever.

22. "Bel Air" (2012)

The mystical Paradise closer always a cult-life following, separetely from its parent EP.

PARADIXO's commentary: Literally what the fuck :rip:

21. "The Blackest Day" (2015)

The Honeymoon centerpiece is one of Del Rey's most emotive, daring and epic tracks.

PARADIXO's commentary: Who let this happen...

THE BLACKEST DAY IS NOT IN THE TOP FUCKING 10....AND TERRENCE LOVES YOU GOT ROBBED......I'M SIGNING OFF BANG BANG KISS KISS

The Blackest Day & Brooklyn Baby better make top 10.

The part with The Blackest Day aged like milk(And I'm so disappointed this masterpiece is not in the Top 10 or at least in the Top20)....Brooklyn Baby we believe in you!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

It's Only Getting Messier

20. "Yayo" from Paradise (2012)

This version of the Lizzy song got negative feedback at first but started to get appreciated as a sultry, smokey, sleep-inducing-in-a-positive-way piece only recently.

PARADIXO's commentary: I love it but :rip:

19. "Old Money" (2014)

The Ultraviolence ballad has it all: incredible vocals, heartbreaking melodies, delicate yet grand instrumentation and mystique.

18. "Salvatore" (2015)

Colorful, sarcastic and playful: "Salvatore" is, like all Honeymoon songs, an ambitious track that was misunderstood by fans and critics alike and is now retrospectively praised.

17. "Fine China" (2014)

LanaBoards has spoken: this Ultraviolence outtake is Lana Del Rey's best unreleased song ever.

16. "National Anthem" (2012)

This song, like all the other Born to Die singles, was the freshest, most innovative thing in the industry back then: vintage imagery, politically sarcasitc, epic baroque mixed with dirty trip hop and pure sensuality and surreal perfection, contrary to the then-popular trend of explicit sexuality and fast dance-pop.

15. "The greatest" (2019)

Perhaps the epitome of the current sociocultural situation, "The greatest" is a pseudo-nihilist anthem in a world of global warming, over-exposure and Cold War.

To be honest.. I don't know what to say... Old Money deserved better :noparty:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

And I Can't Do Nothing About This Strange Ranking...

14. "Pawn Shop Blues" (2010)

Surprisingly, this Lizzy song made it so high, perhaps for how relatable, simple yet sweet and emotive it is.

13. "Pretty When You Cry" (2014)

Absolute contrary to the previous song, "Pretty When You Cry" is extremely dark, dramatic, deep and resentful, and that's probably why so many people adore it.

12. "Shades of Cool" (2014)

Very similar in theme and sound to "Pretty When You Cry", the Ultraviolence centerpiece finds Lana Del Rey at her weakest and most vulnerable and unstable.

11. "Cinnamon Girl" (2019)

Despite being the most dramatic song on Norman Fucking Rockwell!, "Cinnamon Girl" features a more thoughtful, strong and down-to-earth Del Rey.

Can we nomitate this thread for Drama of year...I mean The blackest Day and Shades of Cool not in the top ten...literally a joke

OiUHEXQ.jpg

And I Can't Do Nothing About This Strange Ranking...

12. "Shades of Cool" (2014)
Very similar in theme and sound to "Pretty When You Cry", the Ultraviolence centerpiece finds Lana Del Rey at her weakest and most vulnerable and unstable.

11. "Cinnamon Girl" (2019)
Despite being the most dramatic song on Norman Fucking Rockwell!, "Cinnamon Girl" features a more thoughtful, strong and down-to-earth Del Rey.

EXCUSE MEEE??? THE MASTERPIECE, GROUNDBREAKING, HEAVENLY, INNOVATING, EXPLOSIVE, ORGASMIC, MOODY SOC IS NOT IN THE TOP 10???? And it's topped by fucking Cinnamon girl, a track that already aged like spoiled milk!!!! 

No...This is canceled and the top 10 is not relevant anymore

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***