mkultraviolence

Sirens vs. Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Which album do you prefer?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you prefer?

• Sirens
    • Norman Fucking Rockwell!

I'm torn between the two. I love NFR but Sirens has a special place in my heart.

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π“‚π’Άπ“‡π’Ύπ“π“Žπ“ƒ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π’Ώπ‘œπ’Άπ“ƒ π‘œπ’» 𝒢𝓇𝒸

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 π’Άπ“ƒπ‘œπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡ π“Œπ‘œπ“‚π’Άπ“ƒ π’·π‘’π’»π‘œπ“‡π‘’ π‘œπ“‡ 𝒢𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒢𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒢𝓃 π“‚π“Ž π’Έπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π“Ž π’Ύπ“ˆπ“π’Άπ“ƒπ’Ή π’·π’Άπ’·π“Ž

NFR. I prefer the production a lot more, as well as the difference in sound. I love pretty much all her work in one way or another but yeahΒ  ;)Β  As far as which is more introspective, I'd again choose NFR as she seems much more comfortable with herself and comes off as pretty authentic imo, whereas in the early years of her career it felt more like personas she adopted, so I can't say much on self-analysis there lol.

sirens was very boring, the young like me ep was miles better and her vocals weren't so annoying and whiny...

Β 

so nfr

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

I think in a way, both are very introspective in different ways. As a whole, I feel like Sirens is more consistently introspective, but NFR has some songs that are a waaaay more introspective than anything she’s done before like HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI or MAC. In a way, Sirens is probably technically more introspective since she had no one helping her out with the songwriting so it all came from only her. But even on Sirens, she seemed to be holding back a bit from getting too deep below the surface, which is understandable. I do think she has improved her craft over the years, so I find she’s able to express her experiences in better words now. With every album she seems to be more comfortable showing us the inner workings of her mind. In the end, I’m probably gonna go with NFR because she seems to be ready to really face her demons with more accountability than ever before, even if she has more moments of sarcastic fun on NFR than on Sirens.

Β 

(Side comment: If she really does ever release an official unreleased compilation, I hope she includes some Sirens era songs or even just officially releases Sirens instead since it technically covers the criteria anyway)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Is sirens anything like Lana Del Ray? Cuz that album kind of sucks except for like 3 songs. So NFR

Β 

Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant is a musical masterpiece, there isn't one song you can skip on there. AKA's demos annihilate almost every song on cockwell. I can't even believe you made such a statement- I'm officially filing for your removal.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Is sirens anything like Lana Del Ray? Cuz that album kind of sucks except for like 3 songs. So NFR

Β 

smh. that's horrible.

Β 

hmm... it's hard to decide. I love Sirens but I love Norman Fucking Rockwell too.

Β 

Can I please pick both?

giphy.gif