Elle

62nd Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion Thread

I'm really disappointed. I love Lana so much, I don't anything against anyone else but this was supposed to be her night. 

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

I remember just the other day seeing an interview of Billie, she was asked to name songs she wish she had wrote but didnt and she names “Off to the races” as the first one, and before that names Lana as one of her biggest inspos.

I wonder why she didnt acknowledge Lana!! She never really mentions Ariana, especially compared to Lana. Maybe she felt she had to since Ariana is way more popular and has a massive fanbase? Still, I would’ve given Lana her spotlight

But you know who I really blame? Interscope records LsCX2fc.gif

It's obvious they've been paying Lana dust and choosing to benefit Billie from the start LsCX2fc.gif

If they had sent Doin' Time to pop radios the song would've been a smash, thus helping NFR get better sales LsCX2fc.gif

Then Lana would've had the sales + the hit + the acclaim = AOTY LsCX2fc.gif BUT OF COURSE THEY DIDN'T DO THAT

Anyways the worst thing about this outcome will be dealing with people (haters) saying Lana is not talented and that Billie accomplished everything she wasn't able to, just like when Lorde won those grammys years ago. But this time I won't let them ruin Billie for me like they did with Lorde, I won't play this game again. I'm sad Lana lost but good for Billie, and I will be boping to Lana in three months when I'll be seing her live again  :toofloppy:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Bad Guy winning SOTY was a loss for the country but WWAFAWDWG winning AOTY is a loss for the culture

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

The greatest loss of them all

I will never be able to listen to this song again because not only it will remind me of my dad but will also remind me of this mess  :toofunny:

Bad Guy winning SOTY was a loss for the country but WWAFAWDWG winning AOTY is a loss for the culture

I have a theory that not even the grammy voters know what Song of the year stands for because bad guy winning that one doesn't make any sense. Like I was okay with them not giving this one to Lana but miss Taylor Swift was right there with LOVER  :toofunny:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

But you know who I really blame? Interscope records LsCX2fc.gif

It's obvious they've been paying Lana dust and choosing to benefit Billie from the start LsCX2fc.gif

If they had sent Doin' Time to pop radios the song would've been a smash, thus helping NFR get better sales LsCX2fc.gif

Then Lana would've had the sales + the hit + the acclaim = AOTY LsCX2fc.gif BUT OF COURSE THEY DIDN'T DO THAT

Anyways the worst thing about this outcome will be dealing with people (haters) saying Lana is not talented and that Billie accomplished everything she wasn't able to, just like when Lorde won those grammys years ago. But this time I won't let them ruin Billie for me like they did with Lorde, I won't play this game again. I'm sad Lana lost but good for Billie, and I will be boping to Lana in three months when I'll be seing her live again  :toofloppy:

The only thing Interscope Records is guilty of is not paying the Grammy's people a couple of million dollars to buy a Grammy Trophy for Lana too. They instead decided to buy 4 of them for Billie instead because she's young and up and coming. #keepitreal

the culture was lit and i had a ball

hollywood is weird, hollywood, hollyweird.

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

Y’all someone on Twitter c*t “Lana” onto their wrist because she lost... it is NEVER that serious omg

NOOO YOU ARE KIDDING 

Having Billie win so many awards is so boring... What's the point

Exactly!!!!! Why don't they just make one award for most popular artist, cause that's what the big 4 categories are about anyway, even though they absolutely shouldn't be.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Lana should be better recognized. Damn. At least she has her fans...but damn it makes me mad. She’s been making good music for a while now. Idk why I let myself think she would win a Grammy. All her promo the past few months made it seem like maybe? I firmly believe it’s because she isn’t a radio artist with forgettable top 40 hits. We all know she has the talent!

Lana doesnt need awards to validate her artistry though... her art speaks for itself. Its too good for a grammy... a grammy isnt enough imo

look at how long it took Leonardo Dicaprio to get an Oscar lmfao...

Do ppl snub great art on purpose or ?