Beautiful Loser

Born to Die - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?

• Born to Die
    • Off to the Races
    • Blue Jeans
    • Video Games
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • National Anthem
    • Dark Paradise
    • Radio
    • Carmen
    • Million Dollar Man
    • Summertime Sadness
    • This Is What Makes Us Girls
    • Without You
    • Lolita
    • Lucky Ones

57 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm literally listening to this album right now! it truly is a classic and will be remembered and cherished for generations, the start of a legend :wowcry:

No bc I literally started bawling in my friend’s car drunkenly at 4am last Saturday (technically Sunday ig) when she put on this album for us to listen to while on a drive home from our friend’s party. It was the same night as Lana’s Rio show, and listening to it then just reminded me how far she’s come since 2012, as well as myself. I was so overcome with emotion (and the vodka didn’t help either), so I just couldn’t help but sob my way through singing along as my vision filled with flashbacks over the past 11 years from both Lana’s and my perspectives. 
My friend was rather freaked out and confused, but she’s just a local so she wouldn’t understand.
BTD is such an incredible record that’s impacted this generation in a great magnitude. This album will forever live on in history x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

she didn't have to impact a whole generation and basically start her own genre like that but she did :cryney2:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

10 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Honest question - when did Radio became so popular?

Tiktok (through taco truck and radio mashup) and I guess the gp likes the "sweet like cinnamon" phrase.

If I can remember, Radio was her first song ever to go viral in Tiktok, I remember listening to it in early 2019 and there were so many comments saying "i cAmE fROM tIktOK"

url%5D

14 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

OMG, I'm cringing so hard as I remembered that I used to love this remix :biblio: :toofunny:

i wouldve cringed toonl bc its even worse than Cedric Gervais remixes :oprah3:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

27 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

i wouldve cringed toonl bc its even worse than Cedric Gervais remixes :oprah3:

I heard the remix and burst out laughing I’m sorry- 

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

It has no like cohesiveness. Like it feels as if every section of the song is it’s own song I CANNNT 

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

8 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

And another bites the dust

so deserved :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Can someone please explain the line “like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky”?

I know it’s her saying she’ll miss whoever forever but.. how do the stars miss the sun in the morning sky?

Does it mean: 

1) The sun leaves the stars when morning comes, so the stars miss it.

2) The stars miss (like missing a bus) the sun because they disappear as the sun appears. 
3) Something else??

Now I don’t know if I’m being stupid but this line has never made sense to me and I’m struggling

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

27 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

Can someone please explain the line “like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky”?

I know it’s her saying she’ll miss whoever forever but.. how do the stars miss the sun in the morning sky?

Does it mean: 

1) The sun leaves the stars when morning comes, so the stars miss it.

2) The stars miss (like missing a bus) the sun because they disappear as the sun appears. 
3) Something else??

Now I don’t know if I’m being stupid but this line has never made sense to me and I’m struggling

I struggled with the meaning too at first but I think the simplest explanation for it is that when sun rises, the stars leave - the stars never really see the sun, they just "disappear" in the morning and vice versa (at first I used to think that the line was a metaphor for suicide, because in the morning the stars have disappeared). 

For me just...the stars never see the sun anymore. It's kinda like Minecraft...

Spoiler

Tag-Nacht-Rhythmus.gif

url%5D

26 minutes ago, Embach said:

I struggled with the meaning too at first but I think the simplest explanation for it is that when sun rises, the stars leave - the stars never really see the sun, they just "disappear" in the morning and vice versa (at first I used to think that the line was a metaphor for suicide, because in the morning the stars have disappeared). 

For me just...the stars never see the sun anymore. It's kinda like Minecraft...

Reveal hidden contents

Tag-Nacht-Rhythmus.gif

See that’s what I’m leaning towards as well but I’ve never been fully convinced because it’s a different kind of missing somebody, but it’s the only one that makes sense I fear 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

13 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

See that’s what I’m leaning towards as well but I’ve never been fully convinced because it’s a different kind of missing somebody, but it’s the only one that makes sense I fear 

Yeah. She's missing the person because she will never see them, they disappeared. But the thing is that stars are the one which are disappearing in the morning. The sun supposed to be the one which misses them in the morning. It probably supposed to be "like the Sun miss the stars in the morning sky". But she probably somehow wrote it to fit the melody I guess...

url%5D

with the appreciation the album gets it’s still not enough for such album an era that born to die is, it was literally a groundbreaking moment in music history not telling it was made stupidly perfect from the absolute timeless sound to the dopest aesthetics and visuals that an artist can ever come up with, we are just so happy and lucky for availability to listen to it, the greatest era and the greatest album of them all that hasn’t aged not for a second ever since, u will forever and ever be unbothered icon born to die

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y