LustForDelRey

Lana to be a musical guest on the Jimmy Fallon Show - December 14th, 2020

if i remember correctly, sheridan and etienne both posted the motel in lana's recent instagram post on their stories back in like mid-november. and shortly after that, sheridan posted california dreamin' by the mamas and the papas on his story :runs: i pointed it out and we thought the cover was gonna be on AS&C, but maybe she's performing that on fallon since it's prerecorded? just a thought, take it with a grain of salt

I really hope she shines vocally, nothing else really matters :pray2:

Putting the SNL performance to bed with the GP would do her soooo much good. This honestly feels like a potentially second wind in Lana's career if she can pull it off. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

16 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I had a dream last night that she read Sportcruiser, hence the plane pose in her Instagram post :deadbanana: 

I’ve read many things as that pose could be: the plane, the Naruto run... 

not to burst anyone’s bubble, but could it simply be that she was doing a sort of bowing / salutation like in the old days and was caught up in that pose? 

I’m gonna be (in the end) okay with whatever she performs, but I’m really hoping it’s not going to be a cover (even if she’s premiering a new cover like California Dreamin’) 

I’d rather have LMLYLAW than any cover she could do, because that’s her song, and I want to hear her music. I get it makes sense to either do a cover already released/the single that’s literally announced as her latest single on NBC’s website (let me love you) but. I feel the need to say 

https://lana.lnk.to/chemtrails

https://lana.lnk.to/chemtrailsvideo

:brows:

"Don’t forget me"

8 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I’m gonna be (in the end) okay with whatever she performs, but I’m really hoping it’s not going to be a cover (even if she’s premiering a new cover like California Dreamin’) 

I’d rather have LMLYLAW than any cover she could do, because that’s her song, and I want to hear her music. I get it makes sense to either do a cover already released/the single that’s literally announced as her latest single on NBC’s website (let me love you) but. I feel the need to say 

https://lana.lnk.to/chemtrails

https://lana.lnk.to/chemtrailsvideo

:brows:

I know COVID makes things messy and that they change constantly. But... as much as I want to hear Chemtrails, wouldn’t it overlap the « sorta promotion » for the covers album (assuming it’s still the next album to come out)? 
what I don’t want is her performing Chemtrails on Monday and not having the single released simultaneously. Or having the title track released six months+ before the fucking album. The NFR pre-release era was enough. I’m so glad she didn’t post a damn audio snippet of Chemtrails when she posted the BTS video supposedly coming « soon ». TJF was enough. Whenever I hear it somewhere, it kinda aches, not being able to hear it in full. 
if she does perform the title track on Monday and releases it as a single or with preorder, it better be because plans changed yet again and we’re getting the album in March. 

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I know COVID makes things messy and that they change constantly. But... as much as I want to hear Chemtrails, wouldn’t it overlap the « sorta promotion » for the covers album (assuming it’s still the next album to come out)? 
what I don’t want is her performing Chemtrails on Monday and not having the single released simultaneously. Or having the title track released six months+ before the fucking album. The NFR pre-release era was enough. I’m so glad she didn’t post a damn audio snippet of Chemtrails when she posted the BTS video supposedly coming « soon ». TJF was enough. Whenever I hear it somewhere, it kinda aches, not being able to hear it in full. 
if she does perform the title track on Monday and releases it as a single or with preorder, it better be because plans changed yet again and we’re getting the album in March. 

I always got the impression the cover albums would be more of a low key release, she calls it a digital and the whole purpose of it was she’s had songs she’s wanted to cover, and it was an apology for the fans since she couldn’t get the record out in time. I don’t see it being a huge release with a crap ton of promo, but I could be very very wrong!

we also don’t know exactly when the album is coming out, I watched the live yesterday and at the end she really made it sound like the production was taking 16/17 weeks vs 11/12, so the album could be coming out March/April of next year, so debuting a single, and all that goes with it, would make sense to do around this time..3 months is a completely normal waiting time for lead single into album 

"Don’t forget me"

43 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I always got the impression the cover albums would be more of a low key release, she calls it a digital and the whole purpose of it was she’s had songs she’s wanted to cover, and it was an apology for the fans since she couldn’t get the record out in time. I don’t see it being a huge release with a crap ton of promo, but I could be very very wrong!

we also don’t know exactly when the album is coming out, I watched the live yesterday and at the end she really made it sound like the production was taking 16/17 weeks vs 11/12, so the album could be coming out March/April of next year, so debuting a single, and all that goes with it, would make sense to do around this time..3 months is a completely normal waiting time for lead single into album 

I’m totally fine with a 3-4 month wait before the album if she decides to perform The title track and it’s the planned schedule. But not dragging on for six months + though! 

I think you’re right about the low-key release with almost no promo (plus it’s her we’re talking about: she never does a shit ton of promo anyways). 

the next days / weeks will probably clarify what the plans are.