princessdollie

Ethel Cain

13 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Omg I've never heard of her before but saw her name this morning on LanaBoards so just listened to all of Inbred and now Strangers, she's amazing!!!

you should check out dust bowl and waco texas, both unreleased songs and they're amazing, might be an unreleased zip above somewhere :)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

25 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Omg I've never heard of her before but saw her name this morning on LanaBoards so just listened to all of Inbred and now Strangers, she's amazing!!!

Listen to Gibson Girl too!

Just checked her Tumblr and saw she said this is the worst week of her life :oprah: I hope she's okay

giphy.gif

this version of strangers is amazing!! i've been into her since her white silas days & was so bummed when she removed everything but the nightmares ep from streaming services. sad music for sad people in particular was so so good, but i guess since she's using at least strangers & a house in nebraska for her album, it makes sense. everything's still retrievable online anyway.

updates 4/07

-as we all know, this is the last album in the trilogy but the first to be released. the next album will be about Ethel Cain’s mother, and we are suspecting it’ll be called “Preacher’s Wife.” Hayden hasn’t confirmed or denied this, she only said “🤭

-the next album is “70s neglected and sexually repressed wife vibes” and “slowcore love songs, baby” 

-the relationship with her mother will be entirely explained in the Ethel Cain book and movie, though there are points in the album that could lead one to assume what it was like. 

-Ethel Cain is tied to “Isaiah” (reference the news paper article posted when Gibson Girl came out) in a way that neither of them realize. 

-Strangers is about a stockholm-syndrome-ridden kidnap victim and cannibalism. Whoever the antagonist is in the story of the lyrics has eaten Ethel Cain. 

you can listen to it here

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

you should check out dust bowl and waco texas, both unreleased songs and they're amazing, might be an unreleased zip above somewhere :)

1 hour ago, michellejazmin said:

Omg just listened to all of these, so gooood!! I'm gonna have to listen to everything :true:

2 hours ago, DCooper said:

don't miss Golden Age, not worse than Inbred in my opinion

3 hours ago, michellejazmin said:

Just checked her Tumblr and saw she said this is the worst week of her life :oprah: I hope she's okay

she has/had the stomach flu :(

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, michellejazmin said:

can I add this to the subreddit? 🖤

of course!

also feel like i should mention this just to dissuade anyone asking this -

i was specifically asked to take every pre-SMFSP thing off of the masterpost because ethel does not want people to even know about them and i'm going to comply with that because i really respect ethel and i want the world to see the work that she feels proud of

so please don't ask for links or info about them!

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, Furor Poeticus said:

Strangers is so creepy lyrically I love it. The contrast between the blissful instrumental and the lyrical content is actually genius

:beyonce:

saw some speculation that it's possibly about cannibalism :horror:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif